-   -   Mixed silk? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/141415-mixed-silk.html)

mamis3 03-09-2012 09:44 PM

Mixed silk?

Has anyone tried the mixed silk products from sally's? I know it's a generic brand for mixed chicks?

*life is oh so lovely*

Mec1976 03-11-2012 10:11 AM

I saw two good reviews of the curly gel yesterday on this thread:

I'm tempted to try because my waves/curls haven't been great lately :(

Rednaturalcurls 03-12-2012 06:01 PM

I just tried it today. Not bad overall. I layered it over Curl Junkie Curls in a bottle because I was nervous, but it turned out ok. Want to try it tomorrow just by itself and see what it does. Overall curl formation is good and my hair is soft and held up pretty well to the humidity

beeduh 03-13-2012 05:56 AM

I just bought it but have not tried it yet.

beeduh 03-13-2012 06:58 PM

Just tried mixed silks curly gel and I think it's a keeper. I wouldn't say it's my HG (still haven't found it yet), but I do like it. I used a little over SM smoothie. For my short hair, these products make it clump nicely. :]

Mec1976 03-13-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by beeduh (Post 1907004)

Beeduh do you mind me asking what you were previously using? So far I've tried HETT, GFPC, KCCC, LALSG, BRHG, biotera gel, FOTE, & FSG. Nothing feels HG yet :\

beeduh 03-14-2012 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mec1976 (Post 1907036)

Originally Posted by beeduh (Post 1907004)

To be honest, I have most of the gels you just listed except for BRHG, FOTE, and FSG. I also have Devacurl B'leave In. I used KCSS the other morning with SM curl milk to tame down bed head frizz. I had a really good hair day that day. :]

I normally don't use a whole lot of gel though, even though I have tons of it. I really need to experiemnt more.

beeduh 03-15-2012 07:33 PM

So has anyone tried the deep conditioner and LI?

anonymous_66858 03-15-2012 10:45 PM

Tried the deep conditioner and I love it! Definitely detangles and my waves, curls, coils POP!!!! If anyone is interested, I am selling the deep condish and curly gel (completely unused/unopened) on the Swap. I am a PJ and already have like a whole bunch of them, BUT I lost my receipt so can't return it, which sucks!

avid_naomi 03-21-2012 02:17 AM

I have the leave in and the deep conditioner. The deep conditioner is really nice! The leave in I used a while ago, and dont remember exactly how I liked it. I think it was ok, but not heavy enough. i started using the Silk Elements mega leave in after that. I recently cut it really short short and so I think I will dig it out and try it again. I also really want to try the shampoo, I've heard good things about it.

Brookelynn 03-21-2012 10:43 PM

My 3b/c hair LOVED the leave-in. I got a huge bottle for only $5!! It smells so good and has awesome hold. My only problem was the white
layer! Sometimes it dries white, other times it doesn't. That could be me though, being that I need to pay closer attention to my regimen...it changes every day (cue typical curly hair problems lol) but yeah besides that this stuff is my favorite styling product! Even more than the expensive $&@/ I've bought at Sephora!

LISA LISA 03-27-2012 10:53 AM

I too love the stuff! :hello2: Smells great & makes my curls so light & swooshy.

dummeeule 04-05-2012 12:02 AM

I got the leave in a few days ago. So far I love it. I don't use that much and my hair feels soft and looks nice.
I always had problems with leave in conditioners. They never made my hair soft enough. But this one's great so I'll be sticking with it.

nana_banana 04-11-2012 08:48 AM

I have the leave in and the curly gel. I've been using it for about a week and a half now. I really like it so far!

I'm going to try the deep conditioner when I run out of my Body Shop stuff.

Note: This line is not CG friendly!