Mixed silk?

Banned
Join Date: Feb 2012
Has anyone tried the mixed silk products from sally's? I know it's a generic brand for mixed chicks?

*life is oh so lovely*
I saw two good reviews of the curly gel yesterday on this thread:

Favorite Cheapie Hair Gel/Gelee/Jelly?

I'm tempted to try because my waves/curls haven't been great lately
Finally have a routine that works

Low Poo - 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Shampoo
Co-Wash - V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner
RO - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Cure Care, GVPCB
LI - KCNT
Stylers - GF Pure Clean Gel, BTZ Noodle Head, LA Looks Sports Gel, Eco Styler Krystal, KCCC (I am a product junkie )

Wash at night, add products, plop in a t-shirt overnight, then diffuse in the morning!! It is great finally getting to sleep in
I just tried it today. Not bad overall. I layered it over Curl Junkie Curls in a bottle because I was nervous, but it turned out ok. Want to try it tomorrow just by itself and see what it does. Overall curl formation is good and my hair is soft and held up pretty well to the humidity
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Location:Sunny Florida
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
I just bought it but have not tried it yet.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Just tried mixed silks curly gel and I think it's a keeper. I wouldn't say it's my HG (still haven't found it yet), but I do like it. I used a little over SM smoothie. For my short hair, these products make it clump nicely. :]

Originally Posted by beeduh
Beeduh do you mind me asking what you were previously using? So far I've tried HETT, GFPC, KCCC, LALSG, BRHG, biotera gel, FOTE, & FSG. Nothing feels HG yet :\
Finally have a routine that works

Low Poo - 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Shampoo
Co-Wash - V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner
RO - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Cure Care, GVPCB
LI - KCNT

Originally Posted by beeduh
Originally Posted by Mec1976
To be honest, I have most of the gels you just listed except for BRHG, FOTE, and FSG. I also have Devacurl B'leave In. I used KCSS the other morning with SM curl milk to tame down bed head frizz. I had a really good hair day that day. :]

I normally don't use a whole lot of gel though, even though I have tons of it. I really need to experiemnt more.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
So has anyone tried the deep conditioner and LI?

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Tried the deep conditioner and I love it! Definitely detangles and my waves, curls, coils POP!!!! If anyone is interested, I am selling the deep condish and curly gel (completely unused/unopened) on the Swap. I am a PJ and already have like a whole bunch of them, BUT I lost my receipt so can't return it, which sucks!
I have the leave in and the deep conditioner. The deep conditioner is really nice! The leave in I used a while ago, and dont remember exactly how I liked it. I think it was ok, but not heavy enough. i started using the Silk Elements mega leave in after that. I recently cut it really short short and so I think I will dig it out and try it again. I also really want to try the shampoo, I've heard good things about it.
3b/corkicelli, color treated, loves moisture, s-wavies on top, tight cork screws underneath and on the sides
Product Junkie!
Modified CG, on hard/well water
My 3b/c hair LOVED the leave-in. I got a huge bottle for only $5!! It smells so good and has awesome hold. My only problem was the white
layer! Sometimes it dries white, other times it doesn't. That could be me though, being that I need to pay closer attention to my regimen...it changes every day (cue typical curly hair problems lol) but yeah besides that this stuff is my favorite styling product! Even more than the expensive $&@/ I've bought at Sephora!
I too love the stuff! Smells great & makes my curls so light & swooshy.
Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
I got the leave in a few days ago. So far I love it. I don't use that much and my hair feels soft and looks nice.
I always had problems with leave in conditioners. They never made my hair soft enough. But this one's great so I'll be sticking with it.
I have the leave in and the curly gel. I've been using it for about a week and a half now. I really like it so far!

I'm going to try the deep conditioner when I run out of my Body Shop stuff.

Note: This line is not CG friendly!
Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!