La Bella Curl Gel

• 1 Post By beeduh
  • 1 Post By CSI
  • 1 Post By beeduh

I recently purchased la Bella curl gel and I have to say my hair is vey curly today. I washed last night, used my LI and applied the gel. Diffused, air dried and went to sleep. This morning i dampened with water, applied a little SM curl milk and a little more curl gel. Diffused and SOTC. It's like my hair shrank a few inches it's so curly. Very minimal frizz today too. Especially around my crown area. :]

This made my hair feel very similar to the KCCC when I applied it to my wet hair (I think someone described it as flash drying), but it wasn't nearly as dry feeling or tangly. And my hair turned out nicely.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
I'm intrigued. I had this gel in my hands during one of my product binges last week, but I didn't purchase. I might have to rectify that situation.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Originally Posted by Corrina777
If you decide to get it post your review. I'd love to know if it works well for others, or if today is just a fluke for me. :]
Glynis likes this.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Lol- it's really just a matter of when I get it.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
There must be something in the air, because this gel is on my shopping list for today. Thanks for enabling!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
Originally Posted by empressri

Yup, it's the pink one that says La Bella Curls. And thanks. Beeduh isn't actually my real name. I work at a preschool and about 3 years ago a one year old started to call me that and the name stuck. :]

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
I used to be addicted to this stuff a little while back! I like my gels to have some more hold, though, but my curl pattern has gotten stronger and my hair is curlier now, so I just may have to revisit it sometime soon. I used to just GLOB it on my hair. The results were pretty consistent. I also liked their Super Spikes gel (protein-free!), but I haven't picked either up to use them in a long time. I just recently tried the LoC on my 2nd day hair, and it's been working pretty well.
Glad you like it!
Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
Mod-CG since 12/1/10!
Originally Posted by empressri

Originally Posted by beeduh
lol!! something told me to specify your screenname but I thought it went without saying :P

I have this same gel and you're making me want to dig it out. I tried it in the winter and my hair was NOT happy. I don't think I tried it since...hmmm....
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
I noticed there are two ingredient lists on the internet.

This is the one from CVS:
Water, Sorbitol, PVP, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Keratin Amino Acids, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Red 33.
And this one from Amazon:
Ingredients
Deionized Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin, PVP, Propylene Glycol, Carbopol, Cocus Nucifera Oil Coconut, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Hemp, Lanolin, Triethanolamine.

Ingredients
DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Polysorbate-20, Benzophenone-4, Isosteareth-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Menthol, D&C Red No. 33.

I think my hair does not like Hydroxypropylcellulose so I am hesitant to buy the one from CVS.
Can you tell me which one you have that you got your wonderful results from. I really want to try this gel.
Thanks!!

2c fine waves
Loo-poo: Avalon, Andalou, As I Am - NO SULFATES!
Cond: Avalon, Andalou, Kinky Curly - NO SILCONES!
Gel: KCCC, products with no silicones or polyquats
wish I had more curls
Also looking for suggestions & help
I live in an area of high dew points year round (over 70) so this stuff is great for me. In order to get the softness I like on my 3c/4a hair, I put Long Aid gel underneath it. Gives me 7 day hair easily!
vacations likes this.
Originally Posted by CSI
CSI~I also live in a place with high dew points so im interested in what ingredients your product has as there are two sets of ingredients.
Thanks so much!
2c fine waves
Loo-poo: Avalon, Andalou, As I Am - NO SULFATES!
Cond: Avalon, Andalou, Kinky Curly - NO SILCONES!
Gel: KCCC, products with no silicones or polyquats
wish I had more curls
Also looking for suggestions & help
Sadly, I gave my La Bella gel away not too long ago. I just never used it.
vacations likes this.