Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #41

melaniesusan's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

Which Renpure Keratin conditioner are you talking about?

#1: Renpure Organics Brazilian Keratin Straightening Conditioner. Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Psidium Guajava Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Oil, Silicone Quaternium 17, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

#2: Renpure Organics Brazilian Keratin Silky Straight Intense Conditioner . Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Psidium Guajava Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Oil, Hypnea Musciformis Extract, Sargassum Filipendula Extract, Proline, Panthenol, Trideceth 12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

I'm guessing the first one since the second one has the a-cone?

Incidentally, drugstore.com carries both, and both cost $5.99, but the first one is 16 oz whereas the second (with the cone) is a mere 8 oz.

As for the argan oil options, there are two of those there as well: the first with no cone, and the second with the a-cone (and once more at double the cost):

#1: Renpure Organics Argan Oil Luxurious Conditioner. Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetrimonium Chloride (Palm Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol (Palm Oil), Behentrimonium Chloride (Rapeseed Oil), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Hypnea Musciformis Extract (Red Seaweed), Gellidiela Acerosa Extract, Sargassum Filipendula Extract, Sorbitol, Silicon Quaternium 17, Diazolidinyl Urea, Lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (cost = $5.99 for 16oz.)

#2: Renpure Organics Argan Oil Deep Penetrating Reconstructor. Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Proline, Panthenol, Hypnea Musciformis Extract, Sargassum Filipendula Extract, PEG 50 Shea Butter, Trideceth 12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (cost = $5.99 for 8oz.)

(FYI, drugstore.com has free shipping for $25+)
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
melaniesusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #42

Join Date: Oct 2009

Ahhh, the other two you have listed are their deep conditioners. Sorry, I completely forgot about those, since they're not very commonly available in drug stores! I'm talking about the standard conditioners, without the a-cones.

LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #43

Join Date: Nov 2011

I wanted to share my very positive experience with the keratin conditioner this morning. I did second day hair yesterday. Then I trained. Normally I have my hair up in a ponytail and have no issues, but yesterday I had a fabric covered scrunchy that kept sliding out of my hair, so I had to pull my hair up almost 10 times during class, and rushing to do it before I got yelled at, so I ended up with all kinds of partial ponytails and buns and so on. Then pineappled when I went to bed. End result is that my hair was a hideous, snarled mess this morning. And the keratin conditioner worked even better than I expected at detangling.

LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
Old 04-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #44

Originally Posted by Corrina777 View Post

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
^^Isn't it a wonderful detangler? It seriously has more slip than any conditioner I've ever used. Glad you had such a good experience!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #45

Join Date: Nov 2011

Yes- I was having a hard time determining slip last week because my hair was definitely still adjusting after the hair color. But yesterday was close to the most snarled I've seen my hair (I think it was slightly more snarled after my weekend sick in bed). And I'm seriously due for a trim, which I know makes it worse (can't wait for the 18th!).

Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #46

Join Date: Dec 2011

Can the keratin condish be used to detangle *without* losing curl? Or is it only for straightening?

Did you ever get to try the Renpure argan conditioner? I'm intrigued by this line, but the TN Nourishing is working so well for me, I'm debating whether it makes sense to try anything else!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
PT: SSI Okra; CJ Repair Me; BASK Whiskey Soak
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #47

Join Date: Nov 2011

I haven't lost any curl with the keratin conditioner. I think several people have noted that the keratin is helping to better define their curls (I was wary of the same thing). I have tried the argan oil conditioner also and got similar results. I have been using the keratin formula on its own and using the argan oil formula the same way I used GFTN- to add extra slip to my protein heavy ROs like Effective Care and CHS Pure Silk Protein.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #48

Join Date: Dec 2011

I just bought and tried the Argan conditioner tonight. Talk about slip. GFTN was never a favorite of mine. It was pretty moisturizing, but I just didn't like it that much. I always thought TN did much more for my hair than GFTN. I have to say I am very impressed with Renpure Argan Conditioner.

I eyeballed the Keratin one really hard when I saw it. So it doesn't "straighten" the hair when you use it?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #49

Geek_Chic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

The keratin one absolutely did not straighten my curls. Instead, they shrunk up and perked up like they do with IAGirl's pt. It was almost pt time the first time I used it, and the ends of my hair were almost at bra strap length. First use brought the ends up to just below armpit length. It left my longer layer spiralling at the ends, and gave my shorter layer root curl and volume (something I typically have to work to get). My hair was super soft and shiny too.
CG since 11/2011

Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, Cure Care
Stylers: HESMU, LALSG
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Trying: Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
Geek_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #50

kutie02's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009

I've looked everywhere for these and can't find them (target, cvs, Walgreens) where are you guys getting yours from??
kutie02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #51

Join Date: Dec 2011

Bed Bath and Beyond carries both the Argan and the Keratin formulas.

(If you sign up for their mailing list, they send 20% coupons by e-mail and snail mail.)

HTH!

PT: SSI Okra; CJ Repair Me; BASK Whiskey Soak
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #52

Join Date: Dec 2011

I've seen renpure at Walgreens (though they are discontinuing the line there), Rite Aid, Winn Dixie, and foodworld (which had a lot of both the new ones and no other place carried the argan). I haven't seen them yet at my Walmart.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #53

Geek_Chic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

I scoured my entire town and could only find the Brazilian Keratin one at Rite-Aid. Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens didn't have them at all. I think Corrina said she found hers at Harmon's. You can also order from Renpure's website. $5.99 a bottle, and if you order $25 worth of products, shipping is free. Also, here's Renpure Organics | Organic Hair Care Products | Where To Buy
CG since 11/2011

Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, Cure Care
Stylers: HESMU, LALSG
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Trying: Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
Geek_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #54

Join Date: Aug 2011

I have finally found Renpure products! No go at Walmart, walgreens, or CVS, but I did find it at Woodmans. Unfortunately it's only a Wisconsin/northern Illinois place so it probably isn't a solution for many who are still on this odyssey.

Two washes in and the jury is still out, though. I think there might be too much protein for me in the Brazilian Keratin line. My hair is curling well but the straw-like texture is happening too. I've never figured out if protein works for me or not, exactly. I think a little helps.

Might have to try the Argan oil one. Or mix them??
styling tools: microfiber towel for plopping, diffuser

Last edited by shizzlebeans; 04-05-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #55

Originally Posted by shizzlebeans View Post

Might have to try the Argan oil one. Or mix them??
See, this is what freaks me out about my hair!! My hair is bordering on coarse and should HATE protein. A lot of people are super apprehensive about the protein in this conditioner and a lot of people report it being too much just like you said, but my hair just drinks this conditioner up and is so much softer and looking better than it ever has since I started CG!! This is too, too weird. I know there's more coconut oil than protein in the conditioner, but there still is a fair amount of protein. I don't get it, but I find it to be the most moisturizing conditioner I've ever used.

I think you should try the argan oil one. It sounds awesome and I wish I could find it!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #56

Join Date: Aug 2011

I think I finally figured out what the Keratin conditioner smells like.

Play-doh. slightly botanical play-doh.

Not that I mind. Lots of happy memories with play-doh. Anyone else noticing that?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #57

Join Date: Oct 2009

Haha, I think it smells like bananas!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #58

Join Date: Dec 2011

I think it has that "organic-y" smell. I'm very tempted to get up and go smell them. Maybe tomorrow. Haha.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #59

Join Date: Aug 2011

I picked up the Argan oil type and gave that a try. I like it, but, my hair seems to take it's time drying and gets a little more frizz. On the flip side, my waves turned into spirals, nearly. It was rad. root curl and everything.

So I think I'm slightly protein-sensitive, to a point. A little doesn't matter, but a lot starts affecting the curl pattern. Alternatively, some seems to keep my hair from frizzing and keeps the clumps more organized.

I'm going to try mixing them both and seeing if I get:
a) best of both worlds: reduced frizz and nice curls
b) worst of both: dead waves and wet frizz
Old 04-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #60

Chikyuu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010

I might give this stuff a shot next time I pick up red renpure shampoo (love that stuff.) That is, if I can find it, I hope I can. The last time I bought renpure was in December? Took me a long time to get through that bottle =p

2c or something MODCG Since December 2011!
New May 20th Routine
Low-poo:SheaM
Co-wash:VO5 KiwiLime or VanillaMint
LI:TN, Regis OliveOil Condish, GVP CB
Styler: LALSG
Daily routine: Cleanse, LI, soak with water, scrunch in gel, plop, pixie diffuse, air dry.

Chikyuu is offline   Reply With Quote