-   -   KMFUM? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/141928-kmfum.html)

beeduh 03-20-2012 07:27 AM

KMFUM?

So I bought some Kiss My Face Upper management gel yesterday and tried it out last night. I'm not sure if I used too much or if it's because of another product in my hair but my hair looks really stringy. It feels weird too. I want to say this have me the "flash drying" feel like KCCC and La Bella curls gel. I'm definitely going to try it again, but maybe without the other products I used.

Has anyone else had experience with this gel?

wavynwild16 03-20-2012 06:51 PM

I TOTALLY know what you mean about the "flash dry" feel of KMFUM. It's the only drawback to that gel, for me. Otherwise, it leaves my hair super curly, spirally and clumpy. I had a discussion about this "dry when wet" feeling with a wavy scientist on the 2's board (IAgirl), and she said it was the hyaluronic acid, which apparently has humectant properties (and is supposed to be super water-attracting). I would just use a little more LI to compensate for this.

TammyH 03-20-2012 07:11 PM

I had the same experience. I normally use this to SOTC. But I one day I decided to use it as my regular gel. As soon as I applied it my hair felt very dry and almost straw like. But once I was dry...I SOTC'd with bare hands & had great curls with just a little frizz.

beeduh 03-20-2012 07:36 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one then. This makes me feel better. I think I used waaaayyyy too much because once my hair was dry it looked horrible. This could also be due to another product I used with it. I had to rewash and decided to use other products today. I think I'll play around with the KMFUM a little more and see if it'll work out for me. Thanks for the advice!

curlangel0690 03-24-2012 05:40 PM

I use this gel with GDLI underneath and have had great results. Occasionally I will mix the KMFUM with a little LALSG for a little more hold If I need it. I can get second and third day hair with this combo. The one downside I find is that sometimes by the end of day 2 the LALSG will have made my hair feel like straw. I'm still working out that little kink but other than that the GDLI and KMFUM are a one two punch for me. Next one to try is KMFUM with AOHR underneath.