KMFUM?

So I bought some Kiss My Face Upper management gel yesterday and tried it out last night. I'm not sure if I used too much or if it's because of another product in my hair but my hair looks really stringy. It feels weird too. I want to say this have me the "flash drying" feel like KCCC and La Bella curls gel. I'm definitely going to try it again, but maybe without the other products I used.

Has anyone else had experience with this gel?
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
I TOTALLY know what you mean about the "flash dry" feel of KMFUM. It's the only drawback to that gel, for me. Otherwise, it leaves my hair super curly, spirally and clumpy. I had a discussion about this "dry when wet" feeling with a wavy scientist on the 2's board (IAgirl), and she said it was the hyaluronic acid, which apparently has humectant properties (and is supposed to be super water-attracting). I would just use a little more LI to compensate for this.
Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
Mod-CG since 12/1/10!
I had the same experience. I normally use this to SOTC. But I one day I decided to use it as my regular gel. As soon as I applied it my hair felt very dry and almost straw like. But once I was dry...I SOTC'd with bare hands & had great curls with just a little frizz.
3b/High porosity/Fine - Medium density/Medium texture
PT: Ion Reconstructor
DT: GVPCB
Co-wash/RO: Cure Care, Tresemme Naturals, GVPCB
Leave In: Tresemme Naturals, Renpure Moisturizing
Stylers:AIF, Salon Care Super Firm (yellow), Eco Styler (clear), KMFUM, HESMU
HG's: Cure Care condish, Ion Reconstructor
I'm glad I'm not the only one then. This makes me feel better. I think I used waaaayyyy too much because once my hair was dry it looked horrible. This could also be due to another product I used with it. I had to rewash and decided to use other products today. I think I'll play around with the KMFUM a little more and see if it'll work out for me. Thanks for the advice!
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
I use this gel with GDLI underneath and have had great results. Occasionally I will mix the KMFUM with a little LALSG for a little more hold If I need it. I can get second and third day hair with this combo. The one downside I find is that sometimes by the end of day 2 the LALSG will have made my hair feel like straw. I'm still working out that little kink but other than that the GDLI and KMFUM are a one two punch for me. Next one to try is KMFUM with AOHR underneath.
"I'm not high maintenance, my hair is."
3c mostly fine, high to normal porosity, medium density, normal elasticity

Stylers- KMFUM, Eco Styler Krystal, AOMMM, UFDCM,
Oils- Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Coconut
PT- IAGirl's Gelatin PT
DC- AS I Am Hydrating Mask

Last edited by curlangel0690; 03-24-2012 at 06:43 PM.