Pantene curly series gel

I haven't seen much on the CurlTalk boards about the Pantene curly series gel, but I remember seeing waterlily716 do a favorable review of it awhile back. And now I love it too!

Since noticing that my LALSG was drying out my hair (possibly a glycerin sensitivity), I've been trying out gels and hoping to find my new favorite. I decided to grab this one while I was at Target this weekend, and I have to say I'm really impressed! It is glycerin-free, and CG-friendly though it does have one water-soluble cone (with a PEG in front of it). The other thing I like is it does not have hydrocellulose (spelling?) which is an ingredient that I find makes me lose too much volume. For example, I like the Aussie instant freeze a lot for hold and shine, but that ingredient makes my hair shrink and my curls less bouncy.

I would describe the hold as medium strength, but I am used to very hard hold gels so other people may think of it as a medium-strong hold. The packaging says it is a hold level 3 out of 4. It is a more liquidy gel, which I actually prefer because it's a bit easier to coat the hair. It has left my hair well-defined, bouncy, and soft! It did not have any stickiness, residue, or flaking!

I am always impressed when a medium hold gel keeps frizz at bay, because often it seems like I need the hard hold to do that. But this one is going strong

In case you were wondering, I have 3b normal/low porosity, medium/thick hair. I used the gel over my usual KCKT leave-in.

I will have to wait and see how it behaves after using it awhile... whether it dries my hair out or works as well, etc. But I have not liked a gel this much since LALSG and just had to share!
My hair: 3b, corkicelli, medium porosity, medium texture, medium/thick density

Co-wash: DevaCurl NoPoo
Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, or my rinse-out!
Gel: SS FHG (my new HG!!)... I also like HESMU, AIF, CJ CQ, BRHG, CJ PP and the occasional LALSG

Likes: Plopping!
Dislikes: Glycerin

CG and loving it!
I've also seen waterlily's review on this. I eye it a lot in the stores when I see it, but I just haven't come around to trying it yet. I actually think I use to use the curl gel a long time ago.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
I used an entire bottle of the spray gel and loved it!!...until my hair turned into straw I wonder if the other gel would work differently or maybe if I deep conditioned more while using this as a styler. I really miss it! Nothing else tames my frizz like this did.
You had very dry your hair, avoid shampoos with SLS
znakomita folia bąbelkowa | folia stretch do pakowania
Yeah now that I think about it I was still shampooing when I used the spray gel. Maybe that was the problem. Thanks for the tip!