• 2 Post By vanek07

Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #1

Default Leave In Conditioners

Hey, well its that time and I am out of my leave in conditioner and I am looking for a new one...I was going to try the Kinky Curly Knot Today, but I would love any and all recommendations! I have very thick course hair with 3A curls. I do use the DevaCurl low poo and conditioner 1, and the Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Please help...!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #2

beeduh's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011

I love Tresemme Naturals as a LI. I've also tried Sauve Natural's as a LI too.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
beeduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #3

asianrunner's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

You could try Shea Moisture Smoothie. I like Curl Junkie's Beauticurls leave-in as well. You could also just use a little bit of your rinse out conditioner as your leave-in!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rbb

Join Date: May 2008

[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, leave in, protein tx: curl junkie products. styling:curl junkie conditioners only at times, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. trying ufdcm. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!! sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
rbb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #5

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

KCKT probably won't be moisturizing enough for you--there are at least two current threads about that right now.

My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies. I'm a product strumpet, so things change. Since December, my favorite leave in is Curly Kinks Satin Roots. I rotate products and only let myself use it twice a week. I've gotten fabulous hair (the kind that strangers comment, as well as friends) with both the CK Coil Jam and KCCC.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #6

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post

I did see the thread about the CK line that you posted...and it was very helpful. I looked on youtube and it looks like the CK is very light on the hair and won't weight it down.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #7

+1 on cj beauticurls leave in!
Is that a very light leave in on your hair? My hair is very similiar to yours....
Old 03-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #8

Jo Somebody's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011

Or the Smoothing Lotion!
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
Jo Somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #9

vanek07's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2006

Giovanni direct leave-in is a good one! But I love KCKT and I also don't need tons of moisture.
vanek07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #10

curlyev's Avatar

+1 on the Giovanni Direct Leave-In

It doesn't weigh my hair down, and it makes it soft and a lot smoother. I just started using it a little while ago. Not many products are an instant hit with me, but this one was.
-3a/3b, fine, very thick, normal por., normal elast., long, dye- free (CG since Nov. '11)
-CO: every other night (air dry) VO5 (various scents), As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
-Low poo (As needed): ION Color Defense Clarifying, Yes To line, Giovanni TTTT
-RO: GVP CB, VO5 Split Ends, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted
-LI: Giovanni DLI or a tiny bit of my co-wash or RO (sometimes none)
-Styling: BYZ Noodle Head Tame your Curls Mousse or Jessicurl Spiralicious
-PT: ION Effective Care

curlyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 AM   #11
rbb

Join Date: May 2008

Originally Posted by Jo Somebody View Post
Or the Smoothing Lotion!
yes, the cj smoothing lotion is also great -- but, it does have glycerin so i can only use it in mid dew points.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
rbb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #12

dedede's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012

I love Shea Moisture's moisture masque. It's a deep conditioner, but it say it can be used as a conditioner ,and a leave-in. I have thick, dry-prone 4a/4b, and this really moisturizes
dedede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #13

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I love the Donna Marie Detangler & Conditioner as a LI. It's pretty light but very moisturizing and has great slip.
My hair did not like the KCKT. It dried my hair out - the opposite of what a LI should do. I don't mind light LI's, but it felt like KCKT sucked moisture out of my hair and left it brittle.

If I don't want to use a separate LI, I also just use my RO as a LI too - Yes to Cucs or Carrots is great for that.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #14

Join Date: Jun 2011

I'm really liking the CURLS coconut dream or something conditioner as a leave in. There's an adult and kiddie version but they have the same ingredients and the kiddie version is cheaper.
LadyBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #15

Join Date: Jul 2006

I've been using the Curly Kinks Satin Roots almost exclusively for the last month or so and it's the best detangler and leave in that I've ever used. I just add a blob in the shower after rinsing my hair, comb it through it through in the shower, blot my hair with a towel and add some Coil Jam or a combo of Coil Jam and KCCC and I'm good. I really can't say enough good things about the whole Curly Kinks line.
3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites
: [SIZE=2]Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
memes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #16

sunnydiva's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012

+2 on giovanni direct leave-in Generously sized bottle and good quality ingredients for not too much money.
sunnydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #17

beeduh's Avatar

Originally Posted by memes View Post
+1 for satin roots! I'm seriously in love with that stuff.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
beeduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #18

PeaceBeStill's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012

Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine leave in
Big chop Oct 2003. Primary hairstyle: Wash and go. Favorite products: Urban Therapy Twisted Sista curl activator with argan oil and lychee, Garnier fructis Sleek n Shine leave in conditioner, any low cost hair polisher spray. (3c/4a)
PeaceBeStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #19

oh.hi.its.steph's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009

I'm a huge fan of L'Oreal's Humidity Defying Leave-In Crème, mixed with a few drops of oil (I use argan usually, but you could also try sweet almond oil or something similar). My hair loves it!
whurly girly (2C/3A).
thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
oh.hi.its.steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #20

waterlily716's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007

Imma put in another vote for KCKT, which has been my go-to leave in for years now. As long as it follows a good RO conditioner in the shower, it instantly makes my hair feel like seaweed and I always notice if I switch to a sub-par leave in. I liked it better than GDLI. But to each her own

3a/b low porosity curls | hip length when stretched!
CG method since 2006 @:-)
fotki pw: whim updated 01.06.14
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm & honey <3