Leave In Conditioners

• 2 Post By vanek07

Hey, well its that time and I am out of my leave in conditioner and I am looking for a new one...I was going to try the Kinky Curly Knot Today, but I would love any and all recommendations! I have very thick course hair with 3A curls. I do use the DevaCurl low poo and conditioner 1, and the Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Please help...!
I love Tresemme Naturals as a LI. I've also tried Sauve Natural's as a LI too.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
You could try Shea Moisture Smoothie. I like Curl Junkie's Beauticurls leave-in as well. You could also just use a little bit of your rinse out conditioner as your leave-in!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
KCKT probably won't be moisturizing enough for you--there are at least two current threads about that right now.

My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies. I'm a product strumpet, so things change. Since December, my favorite leave in is Curly Kinks Satin Roots. I rotate products and only let myself use it twice a week. I've gotten fabulous hair (the kind that strangers comment, as well as friends) with both the CK Coil Jam and KCCC.

Originally Posted by kathymack
I did see the thread about the CK line that you posted...and it was very helpful. I looked on youtube and it looks like the CK is very light on the hair and won't weight it down.
Originally Posted by rbb
Is that a very light leave in on your hair? My hair is very similiar to yours....
Or the Smoothing Lotion!
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
Giovanni direct leave-in is a good one! But I love KCKT and I also don't need tons of moisture.
+1 on the Giovanni Direct Leave-In

It doesn't weigh my hair down, and it makes it soft and a lot smoother. I just started using it a little while ago. Not many products are an instant hit with me, but this one was.
-3a/3b, fine, very thick, normal por., normal elast., long, dye- free (CG since Nov. '11)
-CO: every other night (air dry) VO5 (various scents)
-Low poo (As needed): ION Color Defense Clarifying, Yes To line, Giovanni TTTT
-RO: GVP CB
-LI: Giovanni DLI or a tiny bit of my co-wash or RO (sometimes none)
-Styling: BYZ Noodle Head Tame your Curls Mousse
-PT: ION Effective Care

Or the Smoothing Lotion!
Originally Posted by Jo Somebody
yes, the cj smoothing lotion is also great -- but, it does have glycerin so i can only use it in mid dew points.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
I love Shea Moisture's moisture masque. It's a deep conditioner, but it say it can be used as a conditioner ,and a leave-in. I have thick, dry-prone 4a/4b, and this really moisturizes
I love the Donna Marie Detangler & Conditioner as a LI. It's pretty light but very moisturizing and has great slip.
My hair did not like the KCKT. It dried my hair out - the opposite of what a LI should do. I don't mind light LI's, but it felt like KCKT sucked moisture out of my hair and left it brittle.

If I don't want to use a separate LI, I also just use my RO as a LI too - Yes to Cucs or Carrots is great for that.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I'm really liking the CURLS coconut dream or something conditioner as a leave in. There's an adult and kiddie version but they have the same ingredients and the kiddie version is cheaper.
I've been using the Curly Kinks Satin Roots almost exclusively for the last month or so and it's the best detangler and leave in that I've ever used. I just add a blob in the shower after rinsing my hair, comb it through it through in the shower, blot my hair with a towel and add some Coil Jam or a combo of Coil Jam and KCCC and I'm good. I really can't say enough good things about the whole Curly Kinks line.
3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites
: [SIZE=2]Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
+2 on giovanni direct leave-in Generously sized bottle and good quality ingredients for not too much money.
Originally Posted by memes
+1 for satin roots! I'm seriously in love with that stuff.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine leave in
Big chop Oct 2003. Primary hairstyle: Wash and go. Favorite products: Urban Therapy Twisted Sista curl activator with argan oil and lychee, Garnier fructis Sleek n Shine leave in conditioner, any low cost hair polisher spray. (3c/4a)
I'm a huge fan of L'Oreal's Humidity Defying Leave-In Crème, mixed with a few drops of oil (I use argan usually, but you could also try sweet almond oil or something similar). My hair loves it!
whurly girly (2C/3A).
thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
Imma put in another vote for KCKT, which has been my go-to leave in for years now. As long as it follows a good RO conditioner in the shower, it instantly makes my hair feel like seaweed and I always notice if I switch to a sub-par leave in. I liked it better than GDLI. But to each her own

3a/b low to normal porosity curls
CG method since 2006 @:-)
fotki pw: whim updated 06.05.14
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm & honey <3