Jonathan Product "Dirt"

I pulled out my old jar of Dirt this morning. I'd used it years ago, but after I got my hair cut, I found it didn't work as well on my short hair. Fast forward to now. My hair is longer (shoulder length), and I've been having some frustration with some of my CG product leaving my hair looking too wet.

I remembered my Dirt, and used it on my dry (not damp) hair this morning, and remembered again why I loved this stuff. After styling my hair as normal, I added just a pea sized amount of Dirt, rubbed it well between my hands, and scrunched it through my hair. My hair has the kind of ropey waves/curls that I love! (You know what I mean, like when someone has really curly hair, combs it when wet, and then lets it air dry, so it has these long twisted ropes of curls.)

My jar didn't have the ingredients, and Amazon didn't either, but beauty.com did. Here is the ingredients for anyone that's interested:

Water, Lanolin Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, SD Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Tribehenin, PEG 35 Castor Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Ceteareth 25, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Tridecyl Trimelitate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Sweet Almond Protein, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Water (Lemon Grass), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (White Tea), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract (Sweet Almond), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract (Horsetail), Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Leaf Extract (Coltsfoot), Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract (Nettle), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract (Watercress), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoeanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (Lemon Grass), Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract (Hawaiian White Ginger), Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzophenone 3, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
Monthly: Henna
As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
Last perm: 12/10/10
CG since: 3/9/12
Last haircut: 4/17/12
Gossamer Fringe (my blog)

Last edited by Touch.of.ink; 03-29-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Thanks for the review! It's funny that you got such great curl definition - a lot of people seem to use Dirt to get "spikey" effects.

I've had my eye on Jonathan's Silky Dirt, which is supposed to be great for curl enhancement. I just can't get past the price: $28 for 3.5 ounces. Talk about sticker shock! I'm holding out for an Ulta promotion : )

Originally Posted by yossarian
I have very fine hair. ("Fine as frog hair" as one person here describes her hair.) That may have something to do with it.

I haven't heard of Silky Dirt (though now I'm going to go check it out), but if it's anything like Dirt, that amount will last at least a year. I'm not joking about only using a pea sized amount. I scrape up a little clump with my fingernail, and that's it.

That said, I'm with you, and will wait for a sale, or use my Amazon points on it, or something

Monthly: Henna
As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
Last perm: 12/10/10
CG since: 3/9/12
Last haircut: 4/17/12
Gossamer Fringe (my blog)