-   -   Don't even Know where to Begin!!! (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/142462-dont-even-know-where-begin.html)

RideOrDie 03-29-2012 09:30 PM

Don't even Know where to Begin!!!

I used to have way long hair. . . about a little lower than the middle of my back. I loved it but after awhile it started to get heavy and looked kinda blah so I cut it a few inches. It looked good for awhile then did the same thing. So last October I ended up cutting it a little bit longer than my shoulders. Put a layer in and it looked super cute at first and now it's back to looking blah and just boring.

I don't know what type of product to use! Mousse or gel? Which works best with 3a/3b mix? I have really fine hair but there's a lot of it.
I think I would like to grow it out again, I'm just worried it'll go back to before. . . heavy and boring looking with no volume.

Right now all I use are the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted shampoo and conditioner. I just wash it, scrunch it, and let it air dry. No products or anything at all. Are there any better hair lines to use?

I really love my curly hair but I just don't know what to do with it! I'm so bored with it and it's in the in-between stages of growing it out now so it's even worse!!!

Also. . . my hair is straight on the top like inch and then gets curly. Does anyone else have that problem? If so, is there any way to fix it or work with it?

Thanks!!

kathymack 03-30-2012 06:01 AM

You've definitely come to the right place! This question might be better posted in the "general" forum. Might get more responses.

A good haircut is the foundation for everything. If you haven't had a haircut in a few months, you may need another. Lots of proper layering will "lighten" things up and your curls should "spring" to life.

You may want to determine your porosity, too. Here's a link to help Live Curly Live Free - Home Since your hair is fine, you probably need to use protein in your products and do frequent PTs. Depending what you use, you'll need to follow up with a DT. I do at least one PT a week and use a lot of protein in my products. I'd stay away from mousse. The propellant can be very drying.

I never used products prior to lurking on nc.com. It's help change my winter wavy/summer 3a hair. Now it looks like my signature picture all year around.