-   -   Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner is no longer CG... (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/142498-garnier-fructis-triple-nutrition-conditioner-no-longer-cg.html)

Cassierae 03-30-2012 04:27 PM

Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner is no longer CG...

I've been using GFTN conditioner ever since I went CG months ago, but they've changed the product so that it now contains amodimethicone...uggh...So I'm in a search for a new drug store product. I've used suave naturals before and it was ok, but I'd like something more moisturizing. Any suggestions?

Corrina777 03-30-2012 04:51 PM

There are a few threads on this. Several of us are liking the new Renpure conditioners- keratin formula if your hair likes protein and Argan oil formula ir your hair is protein sensitive.

leelaNY58 03-30-2012 04:51 PM

Darn it

I am a new cg and was finding this the best conditioner for my 3a corkacelli hair. Why do they always add it to our favorites? I am considering going modified if this keeps up! My halo is too pronounced and I just can't afford the way expensive stuff. Not with triple thick long hair! :angryfire:

abstractcurls 03-30-2012 08:27 PM

Their sleek and shine conditioner has argan oil and last time I checked it was cg.

Corrina777 03-30-2012 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by abstractcurls (Post 1921390)

Nope- Sleek and Shine was also reformulated. Pure clean and body boost are cone free, length and strength and color shield has water soluble cone only. Others have a-cone.

Cassierae 03-30-2012 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Corrina777 (Post 1921206)

Yes, I saw that thread after I started this one. I'd try renpure products, but I have never seen them in the area and 16 oz for $6 seems a bit more than I can afford right now. For me, GFTN was $5 for 25 oz and my hope is that I can find something that is a similar price.

Anyone tried Tresemme naturals? I'm wondering how it compares to the old formula..I see from an ingredients list that it is CG but has quite a bit of alcohol.

Corrina777 03-31-2012 12:22 AM

I like tresemme naturals. Radiant volume is good for a co-wash and nourishing moisture is a great RO. Not quite GFTN, but I do like it.

Auntie Bubbs 04-02-2012 09:13 PM

Cassierae, maybe you could get some coupons for the ones that you want to try for replacing the Garnier? I understand about being on a budget.

I find alot of the Garnier stuff at Big Lots, you could check there for some of the other ones. Sometimes stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls are a good place to look too. I always see huge bottles of lots of different brands at Marshalls, for anywhere from $6 to $12. I'm not familiar with Renpure.

Otherwise, Sally's GVP is a good buy. It's around $7-$9 for a good-sized bottle. I think its 25oz but I'm not sure; I've had my bottle for a long time. I bought it when it was on sale so I think I paid $8.

My sister tried the Tresemme Naturals conditioner and did not like it. She ended up returning it to the store. It's CG, she just didn't like the conditioner. Said it didn't make her hair feel moisturized and left her feeling kind of blah and lifeless. She has 3a hair, very fine and it used to be heavily damaged from excessive straightening. She's modified CG and is using Loreal's Sleek and Shine line now. She's on a very tight budget too and uses coupons and store sales to buy that line - its pricy for a drugstore line.
If you're interested, she swears by the Sleek and Shine products. They're $6-$10 for the style cream, poos and condishs, they're CG but the bottle sizes are not large (maybe 8oz?). However, you can almost always find them on discount at CVS or Walgreens and Loreal offers alot of coupons. I tried them and liked them ok, but couldn't use them ultimately because the smell was too strong for me (I'm extremely sensitive to smells).

HTH

oh.hi.its.steph 04-02-2012 09:23 PM

The Renpure conditioners are seriously excellent, I can't think of another conditioner that is as CG and as moisturizing that is really any cheaper :/ Even though it's only 16oz compared to the 25oz from Garnier, I reaaally think it's a good deal because you need to use a lot less of it to get the desired moisture.

A lot of people also like Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm. I didn't like it, but my hair is extremely dry and didn't find it moisturizing enough. But that's just me! A lot of other people love it. I also did kind of like the Tressemme Naturals conditioners. Not great, but not bad.