-   -   Using Deva Curl Styling creme (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/142643-using-deva-curl-styling-creme.html)

merri2 04-02-2012 07:42 PM

Using Deva Curl Styling creme

and it's enhancing my curls, I have some ringlets back, but my hair seems frizzier. Does anyone use this with anything or anything on top and do you let it dry at all?

Auntie Bubbs 04-02-2012 09:21 PM

Sweetie, you need to tell us what your hair type is. I mean, if anyone is using this curl cream they can tell you how they use it, but otherwise, if anyone has general advice, they can offer it if they know what type of hair you have.
If for example, I know you have hair similar to mine, I could say, "I haven't tried this cream, but I can tell because you have hair like mine that you should probably use a gel over it to seal it, because whenever I use a curl cream I still have to seal my curls with a gel or else I frizz. We both have hair that is prone to frizz, I can tell by our hair types."
But without knowing your hair type, I have no idea if your hair is prone to frizz, or if the curl cream itself is causing your hair to frizz. I can speculate that perhaps something in the cream (wheat protein, perhaps?) is causing your hair to frizz, but I don't know.

So what is your hair type? Does it tend to frizz? What do you normally style it with?

beeduh 04-04-2012 07:55 PM

I've used the cream with the B'Leave In gel. I also have ArcAngel (which I haven't fully experiemented with).

diaspora 04-05-2012 08:46 AM

Creams usually provide me with enough hold so that I don't need to add gel over them, however the Deva cream does not give me enough hold. I read in another thread that a curly was applying gel over this too. When I get to the point where I have to use this up, I will do the same.

artbabe 04-24-2012 05:14 PM

My stylist gave me a generous sample of this to try, and she said to definitely use a gel over it. I'm having great results so far.

diaspora 05-03-2012 08:28 AM

But, $24 for that little bottle and you have to add another product on top? A leave-in works just as well as the cream, and you can find LIs for much cheaper. If this did something amazing to enhance my curls, I suppose I'd repurchase, but it doesn't. Glad others are getting nice results though.

beeduh 05-03-2012 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by diaspora (Post 1946290)

I will not be repurchasing this either. I don't think it defines my curls at all. Biotera curl creme does a much better job for me.