Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #1

Default L'Oreal EverSleek sulfate & silicone-free Shampoo & Conditioner

Hello All,

I recently started using L'Oreal EverSleek sulfate & silicone-free Shampoo & Conditioner, and I am very happy with both products. So glad that more curly girl friendly products are now in the drugstore at an affordable price!

Read my in-depth review of both products here: Nicole Reviews Beauty: Drugstore Curly Girl Hits: L'Oreal EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #2

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I tried this line and had to give the products away - not that it didn't work for me, I couldn't tolerate the smell. I didn't use it long enough to know if it worked for me, the smell was so chemical-like and so strong, it gave me migraines and i had to stop using it.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #3

beeduh's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011

I actually like this line as well. I started using it before I found out about CG. It was because of the sulfate free products I decided to dig deeper (I also kept coming back to nc.com from google searches) and found out how to take better care of my hair.

I only like certain ones though. Not the ones that have rosemary. The scent is waaaayyyy too strong for me and I normally do not have issues with scents most of the time. The ones I like say something like "for chemically damaged hair" in the top corner.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
beeduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #4

Join Date: Apr 2012

Interesting! Were you using EverSleek or one of the others, like EverCreme or EverPure? I really like the scent of EverSleek, it just smells fruity to me. I haven't used the others so I can't compare.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #5

beeduh's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011

Originally Posted by nicole_reviews View Post
It's defiantly EverSleek. The Reparative Smoothing shampoo and conditioner. The top corner says its for chemically straightened or damaged hair. I want to say that there is another one in the EverSleek line, but I don't think I like the smell.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
beeduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #6

Join Date: Apr 2012

Aw, that's too bad, I'm sorry!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #7

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

Definitely EverSleek. The orange containers. I tried the whole line, and all of them reeked. And the smell didn't go away, I could smell my hair all day. I had to go home from work with a raging migraine and wash my hair, then go lie down for the rest of the day. Then give the products away to someone who could use them.

I know the other line, EverPure, has gotten poor reviews here on NC.com. EverSleek has gotten more favorable reviews. I just could not get past the foul smell. It definitely didn't smell fruity to me!
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #8

Join Date: Mar 2012

I have been using some of the products in this line, and I just found out the shampoo I was using has silicone in it! So make sure you read the label carefully if you're fully CG. The EverSleek line is both sulfate and silicone free, so that is what I switched to!
It was the EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo -- it has amodimethicone in it.
10eCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #9

Corrina777's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by 10eCurls View Post

It was the EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo -- it has amodimethicone in it.

All EverSleek products are cone-free (that's the "selling point" on this particular line). However, the other lines do have some products with cones. In the EverCreme line, the Cleansing Conditioner is cone-free, but I think that's the only one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #10

Join Date: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by Corrina777 View Post
I have the EverCreme Nourishing Shampoo and I'm about 99% sure it doesn't have cones in it either.
twister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #11

SegB's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010

The regular Evercreme low poo and conditioner do not have cones and I have really been liking them!
2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils

Last edited by SegB; 04-08-2012 at 06:39 PM.
SegB is offline   Reply With Quote