-   -   Deva cream application question (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/142669-deva-cream-application-question.html)

kimrisa 04-03-2012 09:53 AM

Deva cream application question

I like the new devacurl styling cream.
Problem is that it makes my hair too soft and doesn't provide enough hold/definition.After using deva shampoo/conditioner I apply fast
food leave on and then rake in and scrunch in 3 pumps of the deva cream, then follow up with some gel for extra hold. Should I use less of the styling creme or not rake in for less softness?

diaspora 04-04-2012 02:59 PM

Hmm, I also didn't get enough hold from the Deva Styling Cream, and I raked it in the 2 times I've used it. And the 2nd time I used tons of it thinking maybe I just didn't use enough the 1st time. It worked more like a leave-in compared to my favorite cream (Alba Botanica), which I don't even have to add any gel on top of. I would try more gel if I were you. That's my plan when it comes time to use it up.

merri2 04-09-2012 08:56 PM

Getting nice curls but

I'm using the cream styler and I have more ringlets back! But it does seem to need somethign on top with more control. Since I had it, Curl Quench by CJ did pretty good, was thinkiing about the devachan gel. Any one try that combo???

diaspora 04-09-2012 09:46 PM

I have not tried those combos, but I would skip Angell because the hold is so light and try ArcAngell if you want more Deva. Glad it's boosting your curls though!

mainecurlygirl 04-11-2012 09:47 AM

I just had my hair cut at Devachan in NY last week. My stylist (Mia) used the new Deva Creme along with the new Spray Gel. She also left some conditioner in my hair. The result was great, and frizz-free on my 3a hair.

Trouble is that I didn't buy either product, and have failed to get as good results since. Guess I'll have to add the creme and spray gel to my arsenal.

beeduh 04-11-2012 11:56 AM

I've used the curl cream a few times now and have used a gel over the top everytime I used it. I used it two days in a row with the B'Leave In gel and ArcAngel with just about the same results. I did not use a LI since warmer weather is here and I don't think I will be needing one for summer.

Anyway, my hair seemed kinda poofy to me with a little frizz. A coworker of mine called it "fluffy". All I did was apply the cream, a little on top and a little underneath, then I used some B'Leave In around my canopy and ArcAngel on top and everywhere else. Then I diffused.