• 1 Post By Geek_Chic

Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #1

Join Date: Apr 2012
Default Help Please!! Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intense Moisture Mask

Hi, I would like to know if this product is CG friendly and if it compares to the macadamia oil deep repair mask and which one is better to deep condition?
Are they any more good deep conditioners out there??

Thanks
angie1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #2

Geek_Chic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

Hi Angie. The Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intense Moisture Mask is not CG, since it contains Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, and Dimethiconol, all non water soluble silicones that require a sulfate shampoo or a coca. betaine containing low poo to remove. If the other product you referred to is the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque, it's not CG either, since it contains Amodimethicone and Trimethylsilosyamodimethicone. Again, non water soluble silicones you need a shampoo to remove. Of the two, the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque looks like a "better" product, but it still has 'cones, so it'd be a no go for me.

As far as deep conditioners, my hair is fairly prone to getting easily overconditioned, so I haven't needed to find one. In fact, I did my first dt the other day to help correct some overproteining, and I used my usual rinse out plus some additives. Maybe someone else can chime in on dt suggestions.
BelleDeLis likes this.
CG since 11/2011
2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Winter Products/Routine:
Clarifying: ACV rinses, Suave Professional Men Deep Clean Peppermint
Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream, Cure Care
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C or Shea Cashmere, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C or Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil (old formula)
Styler: HETT
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Geek_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #3

Join Date: Apr 2012

angie1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #4

Join Date: Feb 2013

i just bought this product today since i ran out of the Macademia Oil Deep Repair Mask.
i've been looking for info on organix products with curly hair and haven't seen much about the oils.

i'm not sure if this product is good for deep conditioning, although it might depend on the type of hair you have, my hair is in desperate need of moisture so the Deep Repair Mask helped but didn't really "deep condition" so to speak.

i'm hoping organix macamdemia oil helps my hair since i do CG, and it's MUCH cheaper. don't know about spending $30 on a product again....
einalem99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #5

BelleDeLis's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Question

Originally Posted by Geek_Chic View Post

Hello, So I noticed you posted a response to an Organix question. That's how I found your profile. I was wondering what your routine is & products do you use? I really haven't established a routine yet.. I've beginning to get frustrated.. Before this CG website with ALL of this new knowledge, I would mix between flat iron straightening & curly days using Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Mousse. HETT Mousse was the only thing that I've used in the past for curly that actually worked for me!! (I don't get clumping though. It's like each individual strand just wants its own space. lol.) But yesterday I purchased the HETT Gel. the one on your page that you rated & I was hoping it would work the same as the mousse but with better clumping? Also I purchased the Organix Hydrating Teatree Mint Shampoo & Conditioner.. Your knowledge seems promising I'm hoping you can fill me in??? ") Thank YOU so much in advance...
2C- 3A / Low Porosity/ Medium Density/ Thin to Medium Texture.

DisLikes:
Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Mousse Extra Firm Hold.
BelleDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote