As I Am...In LOVE

Heyyyyy Curlies!

I don't usually do reviews, unless I'm impressed...and let's just say I'm really amazed and beyond satisfied with this product.

Here's my recent "fix" (all of which are from the AIA line):
Cleansing pudding (Moisturizing lo-poo)
Coconut Co-Wash
Hydration Elation (Conditioner)
Moisture Milk
Coco-shea spray

The cleansing pudding is great! Very slippery and lathery, without being suds-y if that makes sense. I plan to only use that 1x a week, whenever my hair really needs to be cleansed. Other than that, I'll be co-washing, hence the Coconut co-wash I purchased. The co-wash isn't very slippery, but enough to assist with detangling.

They HE condish wasn't slippery at all. Almost felt like I was using a lot of it to get through my hair. I usually detangle my hair during the conditioning process, but due to the lack of slip, I'm going to detangle during wash process since the cleansing pudding has a lot more slip to it. It's suggested to only use the HE every 2 to 3 weeks because it's an intensive conditioner. I suppose that will validate my excess usage of it in one setting. I wish the jar was bigger. I will say it's a great conditioner, nonetheless.

After using my own leave-in (Hask placenta w/ olive oil and Mixed silk), I use the Moisture Milk. It's suggested not to overuse it, but I also have the coco-shea spray (mainly consisting of coconut oil and shea butter) for daily use.

The products DEFINED my 3c/4a hair really well. Has a nice hold without being crunchy, and awesome shine without having me look like a SOUL-GLO commercial O.O

I'm so happy with this line. I have the BEST wash n' go's with these products. Please check out As I Am website. Take those tips seriously. Lil' Joy knows what she's talking about.

Peace and Curls.
I really want to try the LI with the curling jelly.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
I really love the cleansing pudding, which has great slip and moisturizes nicely while still leaving my hair feeling clean.

The coconut co-wash was too heavy for my hair, but it did smell awesome! I am totally a sucker for coconut.

If it wasn't so expensive, this would be my daily low-poo. I'm hoping Sally's has another B2G1 sale on the AIA.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
I just stumbled upon this product line a couple of days ago in Sally's and decided to give the Coconut cowash a whirl, even though it has castor oil in it (my hair is so picky). I have to say, I was VERY pleased. It de-gunkified my hair nicely without stripping it, and after following up with my regular conditioner (GVP balm), I had nicely hydrated, fat, boingy curls. It was a good hair day, and the city I was in has MASSIVELY horrible humidity, too, so that was quite an accomplishment.

Love the smell, too. So far, so good. I am cautiously optimistic.
Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. My hair hates protein, apparently.

I got a jar of the cleansing pudding yesterday. I'm looking forward to trying it. I've been wanting something to use other than low-poo that won't leave my hair over-conditioned. I'm not sure it will work for my fine hair, but I'm going to give it a try!

Kerri

2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
Originally Posted by curlyserf
Please do report back. I was eyeing this the other day at Sally's. I heard a lady talking about it and asked how she liked it. She said she loved it and was stocking up! She looked to have type 4 hair. Im thinking if breaking down and purchasing.

Eta: she was actually talking about the co-wash....hmmm wonder what's the difference?
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Ooooh, I like the sound of the coconut co-wash! I'll have to check that out.
CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
Hair Type - 3A.
Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
I ordered the sample pack from their website. It came really quickly and has enough of each product to try it a few times. I had REALLY great results with the LI and Jelly. The Cowash is nice. The other products are a little heavy for me though. But I do think I'll switch to the LI and Jelly as a slightly cheaper alternative to KCKT and KCCC.
3a, medium texture, low porosity(?)
Poo: KC Come Clean
Rinse-out Condish: Jessicurl Too Shea
Leave-in: KCKT
Styling Products: KCCC, HETT/HESMU, Joiwhip
Weekly Treatment: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner
Monthly Treatment: Henna

Hair Pics (most I've hidden from public view but if you want to see more, PM me and I'll open up the security on them): http://flickr.com/photos/eponaaran/s...7610671796089/
The co-wash is thick, white and creamy, almost like a regular moisturizing conditioner. Perfect if you have thick, dry hair. The cleansing pudding has a totally different texture which is hard to describe - kind of gloppy, but thicker than a typical low-poo. It really is like a pudding! I liked the way it left my hair clean but not stripped.

HTH!
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
I have the LI and honestly, I'm not really impressed. It's not all that moisturizing, I have to use a lot because it's so watery, and it can't be used on it's own (unlike Giovanni Direct). That said, it works very well under my beloved Curls Goddess Glaze because they mix well and they are both unscented. With this combo, my hair only smells like my cowash conditioner. Once it runs out, I won't buy it again though.

Sent from The Brick
I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.

Last edited by midgi; 04-20-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Originally Posted by EponaBlackhorse
Is the LI and jelly really cheaper than KCKT and KCCC? Those are the two AIA products I'm wanting to try...and possibly the cleansing pudding co wash stuff.

Originally Posted by beeduh
Yep, price comparison:
As I Am LI: $10.50 for 8 oz
KCKT: $12 for 8 oz

As I Am Curling Jelly: $13/8 oz. or $22/16 oz.
KCCC: $17/8 oz. or $30/16 oz.

And on the As I Am website I think on orders over $35 you get free shipping.

Been experimenting more with these products on the weekends. This past weekend the wind was terrible and made my hair super fluffy, but I got a TON of compliments on it... Very strange, but I'll take it!
3a, medium texture, low porosity(?)
Poo: KC Come Clean
Rinse-out Condish: Jessicurl Too Shea
Leave-in: KCKT
Styling Products: KCCC, HETT/HESMU, Joiwhip
Weekly Treatment: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner
Monthly Treatment: Henna

I picked up the co-wash today and will try it next wash.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I've only tried their curling jelly once but I had really good results
2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
I ordered samples on Monday. I'm hoping they'll be here soon. I'm really hoping I'll like them. :]

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
I bought the Cleansing Pudding, Coconut Co-wash, moisturizing spray and Twist Defining Cream. They all smell yummy and the price was right at Sally's (all $1 off until the end of April). I used the Coconut Co-wash this morning and I must say that hair felt moisturized when I got out of the shower. I can't wait to try the other products and reading other curlies' reviews!
Dense Tight Coils.
Last Relaxer: Sept 2011
Loves
Jessicurl, Karen's Body Beautiful, Hairveda, Oyin, She Scent It and Qhemet Biologics products
***Recovering PJ***