Renpure cleansing conditioner

• 1 Post By crazywaves
  • 1 Post By Geek_Chic

Came up on my facebook page yesterday that renpure has a new product called Ren. Its a cleansing conditioner comparable to Wen. You can only get it right now through their online store.
CurlyKafween likes this.
I'm seriously thinking about trying it

I'd love to hear some reviews, if anyone wants to be the guinea pig

Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
Monthly: Henna
As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
Last perm: 12/10/10
CG since: 3/9/12
Last haircut: 4/17/12
Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
Watch their website they do free shipping quite a bit. I want to try it but it has protein in it. Still might give it a try if I can get free shipping on my order.
The ingredients: Ingredients: Purified Water, Sorbitol (Sugar*), Acrylamide/Sodium Acrylate Copolymer, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut*) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower*) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary*) Leaf Extract, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Psidium Guajava (Guava*) Fruit Extract, Hypnea Musciformis (Red Seaweed*) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Red Alga*) Extract, Sargassum Filipendula (Brown Seaweed*) Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter*) Oil, Hydroxypropyl Guar, PEG-5M, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride (Palm Oil*), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. (* Derived Source)

Why the heck is sorbitol, a sweetener, the second ingredient??? What does that do good for hair??? Anyone know?
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Originally Posted by MirCurls
According to the ingredients page here on nc.com, sorbitol is a nonionic surfactant, used for gentle cleansing and for emulsion stabilization. It's also a humectant.
MirCurls likes this.

LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, VO5 SC, Cure Care
Stylers: FSG, AIF,
Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
PT: IAGirl's (link) as needed
I'd like to try this too. I want to try a couple if their new products but don't want to pay $10 in shipping. Drugstore.com doesn't have the Ren...off too look at amazon.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Thanks for the sorbitol answer. I guess I was too lazy to google. ; )

I would try the rosemary mint one, although I'm very, very happy with DAILY FIX. I just figure one more cleansing conditioner for my rotation would be nice for variety. I had been waiting for the SS one for like...AGES it seems. I still don't think it's out, so this might be a nice, less expensive alternative to try. I have no interest in trying WEN.

Thanks.
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Their conditioner is really awesome, I'd be willing to try it. Just wish it didn't have the "A-Cone"
Happy, Nappy, and Kinky 24/7!!
4/b very coily
I really really wanted to try this until I saw the cone in the ingredients. The same cone is in their other conditioners but the other ones have cocamidopropyl betaine listed first which cleanses the cone. I'm so sad
I couldnt wait for free shipping so I ordered one of each. I hope it works. The protein is my only concern,
Another curly posted that Harmon (and Bed Bath & Beyond stores with Harmon beauty sections) has $2 off Renpure, so I checked it out today. The Argan and Keratin lines are $3.99 each, and the two Ren formulas are $7.99 each - cheaper than the Renpure website, plus no shipping! : )

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
My cleansing condition has amodimethicone in it and I have no problem at all with it. This is a cone that doesn't build up.
Anyone still using this successfully? Anyone tried it as a leave in?

Bump!!!

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I've only tried it once so far, so I can't give a fair assessment. I wasn't impressed at all. Hopefully I'll have better luck the next time I try it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
Its not conditioning for me. I still have to use a conditioner after it. I dont think it would work as a leave in.

I consider it more of a cleanser only. I been using all curl junkie stylers only and it works great with them. I do shampoo once or twice a week depending on how my hair feels. I pretty much only use renpure shampoos and cleansers.