I have found out that for my fine super thick 3a hair I need lighter gels- thanks hair anaylsis! I had awesome results with other gels but when told this I tried BSRHG and WOW my curls are tighter almost 3b now and I actually had clumping! Now seeing the price tag can kill ya! 6oz for 14.00 at ulta. Thant's the bad news.
Now the good news- I love Sally Beauty Supply so I went there... bought their Biotera styling gel (their version of Matrix Bilage -13.5 oz for 6.75) & Volumax Volumizing styling gel (seems to me to be a take off of the Maxtrix as well -33.8 oz for 9.00) Both worked Great! In talking with the ladies there they mentioned loving the Cure Care Gel wich they feel is very similar to these but a little lighter hold... and a little cheaper. it ALso came in the 33.oz size.

However, I also saw Volumax Alcohol Free MEGA styling gel (16.9oz for 7.99) This worked exactly like Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee for me. The ingredients are not the same but the effect was identical as was the consistancy! Ingredients:Water, Polyacrylate-2 crosspolymer, aminomethyl propanol, ceteth-20, hydrolyzed wheat protein pgpropyl silanetrol, laureth-12, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, tetrasodium EDTA, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Benzyl benzoate, limonene, benzyl salicylate, fragrance.

Now these prices are with out a sally card... get one of those for 5.00 and the prices go down a little and you will also get coupons all the time. I hope this helps others.. Let me know if these work you too! Or if you have other suggestions.
I did notice that using these gels I use about 1/4 the amount I would of the LaBella or LA Looks Gels - so they do go way further!!