Old 05-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #21

wendi.wendy's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010

gardencurls, thank you for posting about this product!!

I've been following this thread and it was just in time for Mother's Day, so I made it easy on my husband and asked him to get it for me as my gift.

I first tried it mixed with wet hands and applied on my dry second day hair, to see if it would help with frizz. I didn't have a great experience -- it was too producty for me and seemed to weigh my hair down. This didn't surprise me -- I usually can't add product to my dry hair with any kind of success.

Yesterday was a co-wash day, so I decided to try the Curls paste in place of my curl cream. (My usual routine is: tiny amount of leave-in, curl cream/jelly and then gel on top.)

This was amazing as a curl cream/jelly for me. I applied it to soaking wet hair (in the shower) right after my leave-in. Just a really small amount, maybe a little less than a dime.

I used LA Looks Sport Gel on top, and my curls lasted all day, lots of volume, very minimal frizz, tons of shine. I have second day hair right now (just took off my satin sleep cap and rearranged any errant curls) with, again, really minimal frizz.

This is going to last a long, long time since I don't need to use much -- I think I used too much the first time I tried it, to be honest. Usually I am a little heavy-handed with my products.
~ Wendi in IL
3a - fine, colored hair w/normal porosity (loves protein!)
CG since March 2010

wendi.wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #22

Heather0kay's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008

Just tried this & love! Most pastes are just too heavy or greasy and cause more frizz but this stuff is awesome for my super fine, thin hair! Highly recommend if your hair likes glycerin. Found at Target! I use it to even out wonky, fuzzy or flat areas
Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse Also: coconut oil

Heather0kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #23

kinkycurlyDT's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010

this stuff kind of reminds me of the creme of natural argan oil edge control. This works wonderfully for my type 4 hair, escpecially when pulling up into a bun or puff. Doesnt leave residue or film on my hair at all.
kinkycurlyDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #24

Join Date: Aug 2008

I used this after reading more reviews on it (hesitated for over a year). The product is wonderful! There's another product that works the same, but costs over twice as much. When it is gone, I will not repurchase and stay with the Curls Control Paste.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
WINTER REGIMEN-This list is not exhaustive...
Pre-treat: coconut oil
Clarifier:
hiatus for now
Cowash: HE The Sleeker The Butter, HE NOYF w/Mandarin
PT: hiatus for now/DT:Redken Diamond Oil Deep Facets, Living Proof PHD
LI/Detangler: MyDNA, Nu-Gro Leave-in
Oils: tamanu/Moisturizers: various
Stylers:AH Cupuacu & Burdock Sweet Hair Pudding

*experimenting and loving it!

Greatcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #25

Heather0kay's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008

Totally love this stuff, my new favorite product for my super fine thin hair. I use a little on my wet hair. Helps with frizz, control & volume. If things ever get poofy, a bit on dry hair helps too.

Heather0kay is offline   Reply With Quote