CURLS Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste

Now that humid weather is hitting many areas most of us are hunting for products that can refresh curls from poofy frizz, and tame all the fuzzy hairs that get loose during the day.

I've found a product that is working beautifully for me. It called Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste. I purchased a 4 oz. jar at Sally's for $7.99, and I've also seen this on the shelf at my Target for around the same price.

I think of this more as a highly, highly concentrated gel, rather than as a "paste". It's a translucent, amber-colored jam-like substance that smells fantastic. It has the same delicious vanilla, coconut, caramel fragrance as Coconut Curlada and Creme Brulee. (The scent is what initially lured me into the Curls -the one at Sally's and Target- line, but I honestly love every product I've tried.) When I use this paste, I thoroughly wet both my hands, scoop out a little glob of gel, rub it between my palms, and then scrunch it all over my dry hair. The gel dries very quickly (within an hour or two, which is good for me), and it doesn't get crunchy! Instead, it has a gummy feel that dries to a "springy" curl feeling. This stuff kills frizz, and it has remarkable hold. If I have a glob of hair sticking up or out, I can take a little of this paste, without water, and sort of "glue" my hair down. This product is very sticky, so without water it could be a gooey mess.

This adds shine, which is needed mid-week when my hair starts looking dull. The more water this is mixed with, the more I can elongate my curls. Less water, tighter curls. I love the smell, but it's not strong. I don't smell it after my hair is dry, which is fine. I can't stand overpowering scents in hair products.

It's always nice to have a pomade around, but so many contain waxes and silicones, and they make my hair look matted a couple of hours after application. Passion Fruit Paste, remarkably, stays fresh-looking, and light. I'm finding this to be fantastic for 2nd/3rd day hair, as well as an emergency frizz-buster. The uplifting scent is a bonus!

Ingredients:Water, Ceteareth-25, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Isostearyl Isostearate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl, Ascorbate, Passion Fruit Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Hydroxyptopyltrimonium, Hydrolyzed Maize Starch, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
Ouidad Double-Detangler Comb
I've eyed this product every time I go to target but figured it would be too heavy for my hair.

I've tried using goddess curls and the creme brule, but these seem to leave my hair feeling producty.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Beeduh, your hair is looking so beautiful! It's so curly! Your hair is red/strawberry blonde? (I don't trust my monitor when it comes to color). That's always been my favorite hair color.

My local dew points have been "optimal" but my hair is dry as a bone. In these conditions I can use pretty heavy products without them getting tacky or heavy. The Creme brule moisturizes, but I need the Goddess Curls to help with definition and frizz. Creme brulee isn't as heavy as Coffee-Coco CC, yet it does feel "weightier" on my hair. I find that these Curls products aren't great for layering day after day, and my hair does best if it's at least rinsed before I reapply the Brule and/or gel. They are both terrific for definition, and they help keep my hair from clumping into big boingy things.

This paste is unusual, because it seems to liquify when I add a little water. It's not really a "heavy" product, if its diluted, but there's no way it would be possible for me to use it on lots of dry hair. I like to add weight to my curls, though, because I want my hair to look longer. When wet, the longest parts of my hair are about an inch or two below my shoulders. Today, before I added the Passion Fruit Paste (wet), my hair was hanging above my jawline. When I scrunch about a teaspoon of the paste in, because of the water, I think, my hair absorbs enough of it so that it doesn't just coat my hair. However, on my dry hair it's as sticky as honey. Stickiness can cause knots in my hair that have to be cut out, so I use the paste with lots of water.

Does your Target have SheaMoisture? I've tried only the refresher spray so far, and it's amazing. I almost bought the Smoothie yesterday, but I was worried about it being heavy.

Have you tried any of the Moroccanoil products? I'm curious as to what you think of them...

them...
Originally Posted by gardencurls
I'm not sure what color my hair was in my avvy pic. I had dyed it a lot before I kind this site. I was going through a red phase. The color I had before my recent hair appointment was a result from stripping the color and I think I did a light brown over it or something. It still turned out reddish. Now I'm working back to my natural hair color which is blonde (probably dark blonde now but my hair lightens up a lot in the summer & I'm getting more highlights put in at the end of this month).

Anyways, I get good curl and small clumps with just the Curls Goddess Curls gel. But my hair just feels weird when I use both the gel and creme. Neither gets all the frizz either. I normally have frizzy spots in the back of my head when I use these products. Right now, they have been sentenced to time under my sink.

I have tried a lot of the Shea Moisture line. I love using the souffle and smoothie on supper wet hair when I need more moisture. I also like the milks for thick and thin hair. I haven't tried any of the poos or conditioners. Oh, the souffle and smoothie will stretch your curl a bit. I use small amounts of both (I put both products into separate travel tubes so I could tell how much I was actually using). So you might like them together.

I love the CCCC and don't find it real heavy. I don't use a lot either. I also like to put a little bit of PP over it.

What are your hair properties? I can't see signatures on my phone.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Oh, and I have not tried the Moroccanoil products. Where do you get them?

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
This should probably be its own thread...

My aunt gave them to me, and she bought them at a salon in Scottsdale AZ. I wasn't going to try them, because they have dimethicone, but after staring at the bottles for 2 months, I caved. I'm loving the Intense Curl Cream, which has just about the worst ingredients list possible for anyone who is trying to be CG. Everytime I've used this cream, I tell myself maybe the weather conditions are just perfect, maybe I used just the right amount of conditioner, maybe the moon is in the right phase...but I keep getting the same beautiful results.

I liked it so much I bought a product "inspired" by the Intense Curl Cream, called One N Only Argan Oil Curl Cream. It's okay, but it's not nearly as light, or curl defining as the Moroccanoil. The two creams have nearly identical ingredients (the One N Only has keratin), but my hair knows the difference. Clearly, I'm a little batty, because one day I tried one cream on my left side and the other on my right, and the right side (Moroccanoil) was perfect. The left side felt a little heavier, and slightly coated. I'm sure only I could notice the difference (even the fragrances are similar in both creams) but I swear there was a difference.

For the last few weeks, every time I wash my hair (1 - 2x weekly), I start out with basic CG products, and a clean conscience. And after a couple of days, I can't wait to put the Intense Curl Cream in my hair.

I'm curious to see how other manic-product-junkies feel about this product, probably because I've conditioned myself to believe it's going to hurt my hair. (Plus, it's $32.00 a bottle! That's a far cry from my Sally's club 15% off stash). That's why I'm calling it my "guilty pleasure". My hair thinks it's a super-sized hot fudge sundae.
Ouidad Double-Detangler Comb
Yikes! 32 bucks? I will not be trying any soon. I think I've seen these products before though (like on pinterest, and I tried doing some research on them but at the time there just wasn't anything). I'm glad it's working for you. I don't think silicones are bad...you just gotta make sure you wash them out or they can become bad. I don't poo that often so I don't normally use things with cones. But I'll give anything a try at least once. :]

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Alright gardencurls, I bought some of this today and I'm going to try it this afternoon. I hope it's as awesome as you claim.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
...No pressure or anything...

I hope you didn't pay full price...Silly woman, I would gladly have sent some to you for you to try!

Did you buy the One N Only or Moroccanoil? (Or the Passion fruit paste?)

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Ouidad Double-Detangler Comb
I got the curls paste. Keeping my fingers crossed.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
So I used a good bit on super wet hair, over a LI. I think I used KCKT. It gave me big clumps, which i don't really like because then my scalp shows in the back of my hair because it's fine and thin. I also got surface frizz (which I normally get when I use Curls products). Whenever I finally manage 2nd day hair, I'll try some on it and see how it works for me.
gardencurls likes this.

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Have you had any better luck with the Paste? I don't like "clumps" either, because they make my hair look so much shorter than I want it too. I can see some scalp on the top of my head when my hair is soaking wet and I've raked in the paste (or gel), but my hair poofs out as it dries so my scalp doesn't show for long. My hair looks a lot like your hair in your avatar, (only it's a litte longer), so I think our hair definitely has many similarities...

I have the most stubborn "canopy". It wants to fluff, not curl, and when it does decide to curl, it's always in directions that make me look like Einstein did my hair. I've found the paste is great for taming this rebel part of my hair, and getting it to hold curl. Have you tried the paste to SOTC? Doesn't is smell soooooo yummy?
curlypearl likes this.
Ouidad Double-Detangler Comb
Gardencurls I laughed when I read your comment about Einstein doing your hair. That's just what my hair looks like at times.
gardencurls likes this.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
I haven't used it again. I'll try it next to SOTC. It almost smells too sweet for me, but it is nice. Reminds me of ice cream. :]

loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
beeduh, does the Goddess Glaze have good hold? Can you compare it to anything? I was eying the CURLS products at Target a couple weeks ago and thought about trying it.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

It dried almost with a crunch if that helps. I'm really bad about deciding what has good hold or not. I wouldn't consider it a hard hold. Would you like for me to send you some?

That would be awesome!!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Is it kind of comparable to curls rock amplification?

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Is it kind of comparable to curls rock amplification?

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by curlybran
I haven't tried that one. CURLS paste reminds me of Ampro Shine & Jam Extra Hold paste. I water it down a lot.
Ouidad Double-Detangler Comb
I mix it with Rusk Being Warped. Gives me lots of shine, decent hold and reduces crunch by mixing with the pomade.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using CurlTalk App