TiGi Catwalk curlesque

• 1 Post By JJJungleJim
  • 1 Post By Corrina777
  • 1 Post By Corrina777

I have 3c/4a fine hair and recently found a product that I feel deserves a review. The tigi curlesque leave in conditioner is awesome! It detangles (I haven't used a come since), provides hold, shine, and moisture. This product is a 10 for soft hold and no frizz! I paired it with the tigi curls rock amplifier and it became more of a harder hold, kind of crunchy. Although it did loosen up throughout the day.a little bit of this product goes a longgggg way. Overall, this line is one of the best I've tried in a LONG time. I didn't think it would work for me but I decided to try it because I'm a stylist and can't help but to try everything lol.
CC I thought about trying the Tigi Catwalk Curlesque conditioners (both rinse-out and leave-in). But I looked at their ingredients today and they both contain cones.

But I did buy a bottle of their shampoo (it says its sulfate-free) and also a bottle of their mousse. I will try the mousse today and the shampoo this weekend, and post the results here.
coloured strawberry blonde with lighter blonde and red stripes

"I've had enough. This is my prayer. That I'll die living just as free as my hair."
The Curls Rock Shampoo also has cones if that's something you avoid.

I have no problem with occasional cones and love Amplifier and Strong Mousse. Picked up shampoo and conditioner on Friday and considered the LI but ended up skipping it. After reading such a great review I think I'm going to have to pick it up. Thanks!

Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
I tried the Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Moose today and am very pleased with it. Before I washed my hair today, I had a bad case of frizzies that resulted from my hair being in a French braid for the last two days.

So, I first did a co-wash with Bedhed Moisture Maniac. Then followed with my usual leave-ins: KCKT and Yes to Carrots. Then applied the Tigi Catwalk Curlesque moose. I let it air-dry and I'm very happy with the results. No frizz and my curls are soft yet well-defined. Beautiful 3B/3C corkscrews flowing down to my shoulders.

Take note, Curlies. This is a good moose for many of us. But knowing Tigi, they'll probably discontinue it, just like they did with their BedHed Moisture Maniac conditioner.
aislin likes this.

Originally Posted by JJJungleJim
Just curious, where did you find the mousse? I've been looking all over but haven't found it. I'm going to check in a big city today to find out if maybe the small town I'm in is just to small that the Walmart and Target don't carry it.
2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
I've ordered some. Looking forward to trying a mousse. Hope it gives me some volume
RO Tresemme Naturals, DB pumpkinseed, Giovanni 2chic a&o
Stylers BRHG, Volumax Mega gel, Darcy's Botanicals ccg, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam, FSG, Camille Rose Curl Maker, Keracare Custard
I just tried the leave-in today and all I can say is WOW! I my hair is so soft today, but I still have amazing curl definition.

pixie likes this.

LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
I don't feel as though the cones in the catwalk line are that strong. I guess it's just personal preference for everyone. But, personally I barely shampoo and I never feel as though the cones in these products don't come out. I just condition and they come out.
The catwalk line is sold at Regis and Mastercuts salons if you can't find it at your local beauty stores!
Corrina did you use the li with the mousse? I was thinking of getting the leave in. If you did, did they work well together? thanks x
Originally Posted by pixie

I used the LI with Amplifier and Strong Mousse (also used some Curl Keeper). I could see this becoming a favorite. I've been using the Amplifier and Mousse together (with Curl Keeper) but have always used Cure Care for my LI because that's what I almost always use. I picked up the TIGI. LI after reading the glowing review above and was amazed.

pixie likes this.

LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
That means another item on my to get list
Originally Posted by kimmidawn
I got it at Beauty Brands in Oklahoma City. They have a website but I don't know if they sell it online.

BTW I'm using the lightweight mousse. They also have a heavy mousse. Both have cones, but I don't find them to build up as much as when you use a RO or LI conditioner with cones.
coloured strawberry blonde with lighter blonde and red stripes

I didn't check the lightweight mousse, but the cones in the Strong Mousse are water-soluble, so the product is CG-friendly.