-   -   Has anyone tried Everyday Shea line by Alaffia? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/144479-has-anyone-tried-everyday-shea-line-alaffia.html)

Auntie Bubbs 05-11-2012 08:52 PM

Has anyone tried Everyday Shea line by Alaffia?

I saw this line today at my health food store, and wondered if anyone has tried it. The sizes are huge, and sell for $14 at my store, and they were currently 25% off for this month, so the price is good. The ingredients list is good too, everything looks good. I don't want to invest without some feedback if possible, and they aren't on our product reviews.

Here's a link to the products' website (which I got to through Alaffia's website):
Everyday Shea

These are the ingredients in the conditioner:
Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Handcrafted Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Lavender Essential Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

And here is the list for the shampoo:
Full Ingredients:
Liquid Shea Butter Soap (Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Saponified Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter (and) Virgin Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Oil), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Polyglucose, Lavender Essential Oil.

They come in Unscented, Lavender, or Vanilla Mint.

I'd love to hear feedback if anyone has used this line :) Thanks!

abstractcurls 05-11-2012 09:04 PM

The conditioner did nothing for me. It just sat there... no detangling no moisture I was disappointed it's a huge bottle it would have saved me a fortune. Maybe you would have better luck.

Auntie Bubbs 05-11-2012 09:10 PM

Hmmm. That's disappointing. The bottle is huge, and on sale I'd get it for about $10. I was hoping it'd be a good buy :(

What do you think about the condish for a cowash?

dresdendoll 05-12-2012 12:45 PM

I never used the conditioner, but my family had a huge bottle of the shampoo, and it was so gentle, we also used it on our bodies and faces, hahaha. It got the job done, but it's not drying at all. In fact, my mom said she couldn't use it anymore because it was TOO gentle and didn't quite give her a clean enough feeling.

Alffia has a line just for curls, though, called Beautiful Curls. I used that for a while last year. I loved it then, but after starting CG, I really it dried out my hair. I just didn't realize it because I thought that was normal. The shampoo is excellent for removing build-up, but the problem is that the leave-in doesn't compensate enough for the lost moisture. The leave-in is a great styler, though! If I were to try the line again, I'd get the Alffia EverdayShea shampoo and Alffia Beautiful Curls leave-in.

http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com...hp/product/434 They seem to like it, though(:

Auntie Bubbs 05-12-2012 08:42 PM

Thanks, the info about the shampoo helps. I may try it, it sounds like it might work for no-poo'ing. I was hoping for better news about the condish, but I guess I don't need yet another conditioner, lol.

I've tried the Beautiful Curls line and don't care for it. I tried the curl cream and it did nothing for me at all, and the smell was revolting. Sorry to sound harsh, but I found it just awful, like nyquil, and it didn't go away. I am super-sensitive to smells, too, but I thought the smell was awful even so.
I also tried one of the hair oils and thought it was way too heavy and greasy. I actually took it back to the store. And I never do that; I usually will swap something rather than return it, but this was one of those rare occasions that I just found it intolerable and wanted my money back.

Kind of a bummer, I had high hopes for the line. But I figured the Everyday Shea line is different, plus these aren't stylers like the other products I tried were.

But I'm leaning toward not getting them now. We'll see!