Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #1

abstractcurls's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Default Loma Curvature Curvy Creme

I bought this by calling the company and spoke with the owner... he was really nice and I gotta say this stuff rocks. My hair is shiny and well defined when I use it and I'm not a curl creme kind of gal... I usually just use gel but I had to try it. The bottle label is green (my favorite color) and it has holding properties as well as a lot of good ingredients. The smell is light and fresh. It's worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

p.s. A little goes a long way. I use about 3 nickel sized dollops and I have a lot of hair.
abstractcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #2

diaspora's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012

I'm interested in this, the ingredients look like it could be good summer product, tell me more!

Where did you buy it, how strong is the smell, did you get 2nd day hair (how strong would you say the hold is?), have you tried it to touch up dry hair, do you use it alone or layered with a LI or another product?

I love creams that I don't need to use a LI with or a gel on top. I just need a medium-ish hold. TIA!
Formerly Urbancurl.
Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
diaspora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #3

ltdeforrest's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012

I know this is an old thread, but I had to add my input. I absolutely LOVE this! I really have a hard time finding a cream that works well on my hair since it hates glycerin and is pretty protein sensitive. I have been looking for a light holding cream for quite awhile and had given up because I thought it would never happen. It has a nice, light hold on my hair. My ever present frizz was quite reduced and definitely less than I have with any other product on its own. I did get some surface frizz by the end of the day when I didn't add any other styling product. My hair is also quite fine and I order to get some root curl, I have to add some harder holding product on top. I usually mix AOMM with KCCC in a 50/50 ratio, but I certainly don't need to add very much! I buy it from my stylist with the new packaging, but I think you can find it on Amazon in the older packaging. I definitely recommend it!
3a, baby fine i/ii, low to normal porosity, protein sensitive
Mod CG since 5/12, from rainy Western WA
dislikes: glycerin, wheat protein
Likes: moisture, Mag Sulfate
Poo: Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo
Cond: CJCR, VO5 Clarifying Conditioner
LI: JC WDT, CJ CR
Style: Loma Curvature Curvy Cream, True Polaris Protein Free Truly curly styling gel (Etsy), Sweet Curls flax seed defining gel (Etsy)

Last edited by ltdeforrest; 04-19-2013 at 08:07 PM.
ltdeforrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #4

Join Date: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by ltdeforrest View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I had to add my input. I absolutely LOVE this! I really have a hard time finding a cream that works well on my hair since it hates glycerin and is pretty protein sensitive. I have been looking for a light holding cream for quite awhile and had given up because I thought it would never happen. It has a nice, light hold on my hair. My ever present frizz was quite reduced and definitely less than I have with any other product on its own. I did get some surface frizz by the end of the day when I didn't add any other styling product. My hair is also quite fine and I order to get some root curl, I have to add some harder holding product on top. I usually mix AOMM with KCCC in a 50/50 ratio, but I certainly don't need to add very much! I buy it from my stylist, but I think you can find I on Amazon in the older packaging. I definitely recommend it!
Where do you purchase it and what are the ingredients?
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density) Dry Climate
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, DB CC, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, TN, Giovanni SAS, Kenra, CJ CR/CJ RM
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, UFDCM, Gel-les'C, SM hair milk, JC Spiralicious

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Curlsnswirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #5

ltdeforrest's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012

Here are the ingredients:

Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice, extracts of fucus Vesiculosus (kelp), Spirulina Platensis, Ascophyllum Nodusum (kelp), Chondrus Crispus (carrageenan), Polyquaterium-46, PVP, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Glyceryl Stearete, Organic Euterpe Oleraccea pulp oil (acai), Glucononolactone, benzoate, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (pear) oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (cranberry seed oil), citric acid, creatine.

The old bottles have the almost same ingredients, except they also have Vitamin E and Panthenol as the last ingredients. The old packaging also has water as the first ingredient. I don't know how they compare since i've never used the old one, but I love the new one! I buy it from my stylist....
3a, baby fine i/ii, low to normal porosity, protein sensitive