I have been on an ongoing battle with my hair. I used to straighten my hair, so never really knew that wavy/curly hair took much time and effort to care for. I never thought that the texture and type of hair could effect the way your hair reacts with different shampoos and conditioners. Within the passed month and a half, I have realized my hair is very protein sensitive. I never understood why because protein is supposed to be great for your hair. Anyway, I came across the new line from L'Oreal, the L'Oreal Moisture System shampoo and conditioner. I was a little hesitant because I have oily roots and the shampoo was really thick and thought it might wave my hair down. I've been using it for about a month now and my hair stays moisturized throughout the day. I have yet to try the 2nd day. I'm giving my hair time to adjust to the shampoo and conditioner if that makes any sense. (because within the passed few years, I have tried A LOT of product and wasted a lot of money.)

As far as styling products, I came across Volumaxx at Sally's. It's CG friendly, gives volume and controls frizz. It is also protein free so it doesn't leave my hair hard or brittle.