Ojon Pre-Wash Restorative Treatment

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this product?

I saw the Ojon line in Ulta about a year ago, but it's a very expensive line so I didn't get it. It was an oil, shampoo, conditioner, and DT. Probably some other things too, but the items all cost in the $20-$40 range, so that's way out of my budget.

I liked the ingredients list, so I thought I'd see if I could get the condish or DT on eBay. I ended up finding the Pre-Wash Restorative Treatment, which is great. I paid less than $20 for an 8oz tube, and that price included shipping. I love it, it's very rich and moisturizing. It smells like shea butter, and is rich in oils. It is CG, with no cones in it, and it's protein free too. The 8oz tube has lasted me about 6 months because I only use it once a month, I apply it to the ends of my hair first and only lightly rake it through the rest. I leave it on for at least 90 minutes to 2 hours.
You can apply heat for best results, but I'm too lazy to do that.

Anyway, I did my pre-wash treatment yesterday and my hair is still feeling soft and silky today. So it got me thinking about how I'd never seen any feedback on this on the board and I wondered if anyone had tried it. The products are in the "Product Review" section here on the board though.
It's esp. great for heat-damaged hair.

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I've never heard of the pre-wash.
I've been using the Restorative Treatment (that comes in a tub) for years. It is also CG, no cones (you have to check because some Ojon products have cones).
I also buy it on Ebay and it lasts a long long time. I use it in my deep treatments, and also run a bit through my hair when it's feeling dry, especially in winter.
I will have to compare the ingredients!
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
I use the restorative treatment. I think thats what youre referring to? The directions on the back are of a pre wash.

I love the smell. It works well as a pre wash. Its too heavy for me to use without washing it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
I think my product is the same as yours, Iroc. The directions on the back say to use it as a prewash. In fact, the product is labeled as a "Restorative Pre-Cleansing Treatment" and it's way too heavy to not rinse out. I could never put it in my hair as a styling aid. Too heavy and for me the smell is too cloying.

Jeep, does yours come in a pot? I saw pots of DT on eBay too, I was tempted because I could use those the same way you do.

Interestingly enough, I just now found this on Amazon as well as on Ebay, so there are lots of options to buy it for under $20.

Here are the ingredients from my tube:
Water Aqua, Elaeis Oleifera Oil (Palm Kernel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Distearoylethyl Dimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Carapa Guaianensis Seed Oil (Andiroba), Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Mango Butter (Mangifera Indica), Oribignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Barassu), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Virola Sebifera Nut Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru (Palm Tree) Butter, Polyquaternium 37, Glycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citronellol, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum), Caramel

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I've been using the Ojon Restorative Treatment for years. It has always come in a tub (different sizes to choose from) and has never said anything about being a pre-wash. It's brown, similar in texture to coconut oil (a solid at room temp, melts at higher temps).
My current tub is a year or so old so I guess they could have changed it? I hope not cuz I love it as is.

I just checked their website and don't see anything that says it's a pre-wash. The Ojon in a tub is still called a treatment (DT). The only thing I see in a tube is the Smoothing Glaze. So is this something very new? The newest thing I've seen is their new Rare Blend Oil.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

Last edited by jeepcurlygurl; 06-13-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Jeep, I think yours is a slightly different product but they serve the same purpose. Mine is not like yours in texture - its not solid in a tub (but melting the way coconut oil would), but a thick, viscous cream, like a butter, that you squeeze out of a tube.
Mine comes in an 8oz tube, but I've seen some sellers on eBay list a 2oz tube too. I've only ever bought the 8oz tube becuase it doesn't seem cost-effective to buy 2oz and pay shipping.

I think you actually have the newer product and I have the older product that they don't market any longer, because I only ever see it online for sale with online sellers on Ebay and Amazon sellers. I've never seen it in the store, or on the Ojon website or on QVC.
So maybe your product is the newer version of mine? Or maybe they decided the prewash wasn't a big seller, and focused on the DT?

I like the prewash though, I did a prewash treatment Sunday, and today, 3 days later, my hair is still nice and soft, and I did a low-poo today too.

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Well at least we solved that mystery! Now we can go and solve some other world problem. hahaha. : )
LOL

I'd love to know how many ounces your pot is, and what the ingredients are

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
My current tub is 3.1 oz. I've gotten it in other sizes over the years - 3.3 oz, 4.5 oz, 5 oz.
A 3.1/3.3 oz tub should be around $30 including shipping on ebay. That will last me well over a year so it ends up being pretty darn cheap.
The ingredients aren't printed on the tub and I didn't keep the box. It's basically palm oil, a couple other plant extracts, and fragrance.
I love love love the scent so I always buy the original formula and not the new 'lighter scent' Plus formula.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
Hmmm. Interesting. The scent is the only thing I don't care for on mine. But I'm supersensitive to smells because they give me migraines. If I had my way, all my products would be unscented, or very mildly scented at the very least. I can tolerate lavender and citrus, and that's about it.
My prewash treatment smells very strongly of cocoa butter. I mean, really, really strong. I've read in reviews that alot of people think it smells wonderful, but I can barely tolerate it, and I have to wrap my head to muffle the smell. LOL But it does make my hair supersoft.

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I get migraines from scent too but I love this scent (floral scents are the ones that head my head pounding and this has no florals). I've never smelled the new lighter scent so I don't know what it smells like.

Have you tried Jessicurl products? They can be purchased unscented (although I love the Island Fantasy scent).
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
Yeah, I tried Jessicurl when I first went CG and wasn't impressed. Way too pricey and they were just kind of "blah." I did get alot of knowledge out of her video on how to dry hair though And then too, Rockin Ringlets is just FSG, and I make my own, for pennies on the dollar, so there is that.

My hair is really picky about products. Everyone raves about Spiral Solutions, so I was excited to buy some SS CEJ (unscented) and my hair never really took to it. I tried a sample of their DT, and I liked it, but the smell was very strong, and gave me such a bad migraine I didn't buy it. When I realized I could buy it unscented it was too late because I'd already fallen in love with the Ojon. The Ojon smell isn't as bad. I wish it was unscented, but with Ojon, it's not a smell that's added, it's the smell of the oils. Still bothers me, but at least it doesn't give me a migraine if I cover my head.
Unfortunately, the only smells that don't give me migraines are food smells (so far). Anything else can really bother me.

Oh well Luckily I've not fallen in love with a product only to have to stop using it because of the smell.

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I used to love the ojon pre wash treatment until it got discontinued =( it make my hair so soft and i loved the smell!!

I alternate the restorative hair treatment plus in the tub with coconut oil as a pre poo oil treatment weekly now.i also like the results this gives me. I notice such shine when i use it

Diane
NYC/NJ
2c/3a..fine/regular texture..normal porosity..low elasticity..high density..cherub curls

faves: - deva, jessicurl, ouidad...major product junkie
mod cg method as of 10/2012
goals: grow out bad layered cut & grow hair to waist!
last softener: Sept 2010
last trim/roots color: 9/5/12..1/12/13 trim // 11/17/12..1/19/13 color

youtube:
Dianemary, is it discontinued? Maybe that's why I never see it in the store. LOL
I find it on Ebay all the time, so I just buy from Ebay. I guess I'd better stock up. I love the stuff, it makes my hair super soft!