Best Products at Target...

Anyone have any suggestions on the best curly hair products you can find atplaces such as Target, Wal-Mart and common drugstores like CVS and Walgreens. Ilive in a small town so when I go places like WholeFoods I have to drive aboutan hour away and I usually don't order online because by the time I findsomething I like I'm so desperate I rather go buy it right then.
Kinky Curly products (KCCC and KCKT), Giovanni low poos and conditioners, Shea Moisture, Yes to Cucumbers/Carrots conditioners, BRHG, Aussie Instant Freeze gel, Garnier Fructis products, Herbal Essences gels and mousses
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Thank you! I've actually tried the kccc and loved it. I just use a lot of it and I couldn't afford to keep buying it as much as I needed it. I also have tried the Giovanni shampoo and conditioner but none of their other products. I'll be sure to look at the other brands you mentioned though. I guess the best thing to do is buy something and experiment.
oh and Ecostyler Krystal is pretty popular as well.

Depending on the place, you could try things and return if you don't like. Just make sure to keep your receipts!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Do you have a Sally's and/or a Trader Joe's? You could save up some recommendations and make a big trip for all these stores along with Whole Foods

Yes to Cucumbers conditioner is wonderful. Lots of slip, not too heavy/greasy so it can be used as a LI and a RO, and the bottle is huge, 16oz for under $10.

Trader Joe's has some great shampoos and conditioners. The shampoos have a sulfate in them, but it's low enough down on the list that it isn't very harsh, and if you use it as a clarifier once a week or once every two weeks, IMO it isn't damaging. The condishes are light enough to be used as a cowash, or a LI. (My hair needs more moisture for an everyday RO, but alot of people use them as RO too). Best of all the prices are great - under $4 for any of them, and the bottles are all 10oz, I think. Huge money savers, and totally organic ingredients - even the sulfate is coconut derived.

Aussie Instant Freeze is my favorite gel, and it's always available at Target, usually on sale for under $3 a tube. Ecostyler is a great gel/styler (I use it as a gel, alot of people can use it as a styler, it just depends on your curls), it's pretty cheap and you can find it at most stores, I get mine at CVS.

If you have Big Lots, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or other discount retailers, they often carry stylers and gels for cheap, you just have to check to see what they might have in stock.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I will have to try the yes to cucumbers. I am about an hour from TJ as well but I do go there and I actuallly have the Refresh shampoo and conditioner now. I like it except for I noticed it has parabens in it which I usually try to avoid. I may try one of the gels you recommended maybe mix it with FSG. You guys are so helpful.
Depending on what you're looking for and like I wouldn't recommend Walmart. I go to the ethnic section only and it was so bad I wish I could have asked for gas money for wasting my time.

Target is a hit or miss for me because the section is so small products go really fast. But I like what they have if I want something simple. I usually go to my favorite hair supply store, whole foods, wegmans is ok some times.

But recently I have found wonderful sites where I can get my stuff for cheap! Just look around in some threads i think there's one for sales or something.

The products I get from mostly Walgreens, target and the hair supply store are KCCC, Giovanni products, natures gate and Aubrey organics.

Some websites I like are vitacost, drugstore, pandora beauty, curlmat, and Payless beauty.
And yes to cucumbers and tresemme naturals
I hear ya on living an hour away from a whole foods store. Me too! I buy all my hair products at wal-mart now (though Target, and Walgreens carry them as well).

I bought a sulfate free shampoo at Target that I liked but (naturally) it was discontinued so when it runs out I'll probably try yes to cucumbers or something.

In anycase I use VO5 conditioner to wash with (84 cents at my walmart). When I use my sulfate free shampoo (every two weeks or so) I use Tresemme Naturals Condtioner which comes in a largish bottle (I tried washing with it but it's to heavy for my hair).The most expesnive wal-mart product I buy is the L'Oreal Eversleek Conditioner which I use as LI. I love it though so I'm ok with spending a bit extra. =)

I know there are a lot of people on here who also like the Suave Naturals line of conditioners which are also at wal-mart. I haven't gotten around to trying them though.

Hope this helps!
I decided to try Shea Moisture again since I saw a local Target had added their product line. The last time I used something from Shea Moisture, the Shea Butter Leave In, it was hard to find and get, only available online. I recall liking it pretty well, but as it was challenging to get it, once I used up that bottle I moved on.

After reading reviews, I decided to try the Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Hold Smoothie and it's become my new favorite leave-in for the summer. I also like the Kinky Curly products at Target, especially the Knot Today.

Target has some really great products now. They used to have very little to offer specifically for us curlies. It's nice!