Nubian Heritage at Walgreens/Target reviews?

I see that for moisture you ladies aren't impressed. Did you see any improvement in strength. Does it minimize the amount of hair in your comb/brush(for those of you who use them)?

Birth Feb 1984, First press 1990, First relaxer 1992, Last relaxer Oct 2006, BC Sept 2007, 4c.....

For me, yes. Definitely improved the strength.

Originally Posted by MissKris

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
I've tried the EVOO & Moringa styling custard and I loved it. It had really good slip and detangled my hair while applying. Once my hair completely dries it feels sooo moisturized. It's well defined from root to tip. I can get second day hair and even 3rd day, it's usually a bun but it still feels moisturized. Whenever I use it I have a tendency to play in my hair and it still doesn't frizz, I love this stuff!!!
Now that being said I was eager to try the Indian Hemp and Tamanu products, so I bought the leave in custard and the edge taming taffy. The first thing I noticed is that the custard isn't as moisturizing as the one from the EVOO and Moringa line. Is says it increases strength and helps hair grow so maybe I'll use it every now and then as some kind of DT. The edge taming taffy works for my hair but I have to use quite a bit, I have 3c hair and I could use something much cheaper that works just as well. I'm still a terrible pj and I loved the EVOO styling custard so much that I got the hair butter from the same line. I still haven't tried it yet. And I may even try the line for heat protection next time I straighten my hair.

Last edited by Jeliah; 11-20-2012 at 09:14 AM.
I know this is an old thread but, I was at Walgreens today picking up some Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, and they had a few of the Nubian Heritage products on clearance. I picked up the EVOO & Moringa Custard for $4.19 and plan on trying it out in the morning after my DT. Will let you guys know how it worked for me. Maybe check your local Walgreens and see if they have any others on clearance!
Not particularly hair related, but I started using the NH Honey & Black Seed soap for my face, and the Raw Shea Butter soap for my body. I've been eyeing their hair products for some time, so I'll definitely have to try them out.

I need strength to eliminate this breakage and cut down on the shedding.
I finally got around to trying EVOO & Moringa Styling Custard and Repair & Extend Butter, and found custard to be just ok, ended up with some frizz and dryness, while butter was amazing. Made my hair really really soft, gave good definition (I used it after a leave in, with no other type of product added), moisture lasted until the next wash. The only con for me is the scent, kinda detergenty and really strong in the jar, but thankfully once it was in my hair I could barely smell it and once it was dry I couldn't smell it at all. I like that it's a soft butter too, really easy to emulsify and apply.
3b/fine/thick/normal porosity/bsl