-   -   Nubian Heritage at Walgreens/Target reviews? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/146257-nubian-heritage-walgreens-target-reviews.html)

blulight 06-20-2012 02:57 PM

Nubian Heritage at Walgreens/Target reviews?

Did a search, there's a thread on 4a, but not many reviews, hoping for more. My Walgreens only has 4 products, Evoo & Moringa styling custard and butter, and other 2 are with a red label, forget what the name is. I am interested in reviews of all products though, I'd order them from walgreens.com because my store marked them up a few bucks, cheaper to get online, especially with free shipping over $25. By the way, is it just my store that marked them up or are they more expensive in all the stores everywhere than online?

redlipstick 06-20-2012 04:29 PM

Not just your store. Many Walgreen's near me mark up the price in store vs. online. It's strange because many of them don't.

No help on the products though. I just bought several from a Target near me because I was not paying the Walgreen's markup. I am going to try them this weekend. If you try them first post impressions. I have been seeing mixed reviews. I am disappointed that they contain glycerin as so many of the SM/NH products do, but I have been able to work with their formulations so far. I am glad to be able to purchase stuff on the ground as opposed to online, paying shipping, waiting, hoping to be home for the UPS man, etc.

blulight 06-21-2012 12:37 PM

Thank you. Yeah, I'll post as soon as I try.

tots5678 06-21-2012 07:57 PM

My review of Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu Growth & Strengthening Treatment Masque!

www.memygirlsandournaturalcurls.wordpress.com

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

blulight 06-22-2012 08:54 AM

Thanks!

blulight 07-14-2012 12:57 PM

So I haven't gotten around to buying any of the products yet, decided to use up some stuff first and wait for more reviews in the meantime, but just rediscovered some Nubian Heritage in my stash that I already had and totally forgot about, even though I love them. One is Raw Shea Butter Hair & Scalp Elixir, and the other Mango Butter with Shea Oil & Vitamin C (haven't seen either in stores and got oil from Amazon and butter from Iherb). Great products, deserve a mention, smell heavenly, and work really well. Oil is an awesome sealant, and Mango butter is too, even though it's hard to spread, but results are worth it. I think I'll melt it and add some more oil to make it softer.

MissKris 07-14-2012 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by blulight (Post 1978412)
Thanks.

The red label was probably Honey & Black Seed heat protecting products.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlTalk App

CurlyCutie1394 07-14-2012 06:57 PM

I tried the evoo gel followed the directions and got crunchy dry hair but the bottle said soft curls. I returned it and got my money back

blulight 07-15-2012 01:07 PM

MissKris - yep, that's it!

CurlyCutie - thanks for the review and sorry to hear gel didn't work for you. I don't have much luck with gels myself, so chances are it wouldn't work for me either; will skip it.

ecobella 08-03-2012 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by blulight (Post 1978412)
Thanks.

I posted a first impressions review with photos on the other thread. I will have to copy it over here.

Tinfoilhat 08-03-2012 02:27 PM

The products look great, the prices and sizes I don't like at all...so many of them even if I liked them I wouldn't re-purchase for such small sizes honestly.

I've only used the Edgy tamming taffy. It does tame my edges well, and it evens work nicely as a pomade on my hair overall - if I were wanting to just use it on my edges I'd be cool with the size but the product made me see that pomade gives me nice clumpy big defined curls and I used it for wash-n-gos so it went quicker.

But overall it's still a good product. It's a thick, 'hard' pomade, it wont spread easily in your hand unless it's been softened a bit first, either by the heat or water.

It's great for sealing in moisture as well, and rinses clean from my hair ^^

KinkyRN 08-03-2012 09:59 PM

I tried 5 of the products and took them back and got my $79.86 back to Walgreens.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App

DepressedCurls 09-04-2012 07:53 AM

Has anyone tried the scalp spray for dandruff/issues?

MissKris 10-08-2012 07:00 PM

Walgreens had a BOGO free sale and I wanted the Grow & Strengthen product line. But there are three of them and buying on a BOGO free sale and still spending $30.00 wasn't attractive. One of my local Walgreens only had the EVOO & Moringa products - at least that's what it looked like. Apparently the Grow & Strengthen Herbal Custard was pushed to the back when the EVOO & Moringa shipment came in. When someone found it, they put it on the clearance rack and marked it down from $15.99 to $3.99. Yay! I then proceeded to another Walgreens store to procure the treatment masque and edge taming taffy using the BOGO deal. This is a $43.00 order for which I only shelled out $17.00. Double yay!

This stuff is good! It truly strengthens. You must moisturize well. The label says "Grow & Strengthen," not moisturize. So I will say that these products do what the labels indicate. Good for me cuz I had moisturization all sewn up. I was looking specifically for a strengthener. I'm very happy with the results.

Birth Feb 1984, First press 1990, First relaxer 1992, Last relaxer Oct 2006, BC Sept 2007, 4c.....

CurlyCutie1394 10-10-2012 03:57 PM

I tried the EVOO and moringa gel again because it was on clearance at Walgreens ($3.54) this time with my sheamoisture curl and style milk and the results are WAY better. Idk what they were thinking when they said dnt use a leave-in you need something under it or you will have harda** hair

DepressedCurls 10-11-2012 10:50 AM

CurlyCutie1394 10-11-2012 09:17 PM

I plan on getting that sometime next week so I could tell you then

DepressedCurls 11-01-2012 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by CurlyCutie1394 (Post 2050141)

I plan on getting that sometime next week so I could tell you then

How well did the gel work for you? I was considering purchasing it.

itsKelCeeEee 11-01-2012 12:19 PM

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

I LOVELOVELOVE the hair butter from the same line but this masque did nothing for me. No slip, no more moisturizing than my tresrmme naturals, nothing. It didn't harm my hair but it didn't help either.

I put a bunch of oils in it and use it as a leave-in, and it's decent for that. But I wouldn't repurchase it.

DepressedCurls 11-01-2012 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee (Post 2062412)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

I got it and it moisturIzed well the first time, then a couple days later i tried and it didn't do much. So i may use it once a week or once every two weeks. My hair liked it though. I wanted to try the gel.