Old 06-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #1

Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Nubian Heritage at Walgreens/Target reviews?

Did a search, there's a thread on 4a, but not many reviews, hoping for more. My Walgreens only has 4 products, Evoo & Moringa styling custard and butter, and other 2 are with a red label, forget what the name is. I am interested in reviews of all products though, I'd order them from walgreens.com because my store marked them up a few bucks, cheaper to get online, especially with free shipping over $25. By the way, is it just my store that marked them up or are they more expensive in all the stores everywhere than online?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #2

Join Date: May 2012

Not just your store. Many Walgreen's near me mark up the price in store vs. online. It's strange because many of them don't.

No help on the products though. I just bought several from a Target near me because I was not paying the Walgreen's markup. I am going to try them this weekend. If you try them first post impressions. I have been seeing mixed reviews. I am disappointed that they contain glycerin as so many of the SM/NH products do, but I have been able to work with their formulations so far. I am glad to be able to purchase stuff on the ground as opposed to online, paying shipping, waiting, hoping to be home for the UPS man, etc.
Team Wash and Go!
redlipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #3

Join Date: Apr 2011

Thank you. Yeah, I'll post as soon as I try.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #4

tots5678's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012

My review of Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu Growth & Strengthening Treatment Masque!

www.memygirlsandournaturalcurls.wordpress.com

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
tots5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #5

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #6

Join Date: Apr 2011

So I haven't gotten around to buying any of the products yet, decided to use up some stuff first and wait for more reviews in the meantime, but just rediscovered some Nubian Heritage in my stash that I already had and totally forgot about, even though I love them. One is Raw Shea Butter Hair & Scalp Elixir, and the other Mango Butter with Shea Oil & Vitamin C (haven't seen either in stores and got oil from Amazon and butter from Iherb). Great products, deserve a mention, smell heavenly, and work really well. Oil is an awesome sealant, and Mango butter is too, even though it's hard to spread, but results are worth it. I think I'll melt it and add some more oil to make it softer.
3b/fine/thick/normal porosity/bsl

Last edited by blulight; 07-14-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #7

MissKris's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by blulight View Post
Thanks.
The red label was probably Honey & Black Seed heat protecting products.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlTalk App
MissKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #8

Join Date: Jun 2012

I tried the evoo gel followed the directions and got crunchy dry hair but the bottle said soft curls. I returned it and got my money back
Old 07-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #9

Join Date: Apr 2011

MissKris - yep, that's it!

CurlyCutie - thanks for the review and sorry to hear gel didn't work for you. I don't have much luck with gels myself, so chances are it wouldn't work for me either; will skip it.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #10

ecobella's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by blulight View Post
Thanks.
I posted a first impressions review with photos on the other thread. I will have to copy it over here.
BC 9/4/07 cut off 1.5 feet 5/14/11
3c/4a with3b pieces everywhere. Denise, full,course and low porosity.

My hair loves hemp, amla, honey, marshmallow ,aloe vera, olive oil, msn and agave.

Cowash: Nature's Gate: Hemp Nourishing; Pomegranate Sunflower; GF: Color Shield
DC: AOHR w/ Olive oil &honey.
Leave-in: Oyin HH, Giovanni Direct Leave-in & Qhemet BRBC
Moisturizers Summer: Qhemet BRBC and OHHB,
Styler: Lily of Desert AV Gelly, GF Pure Clean Gel, As I Am Twist Defining Cream.
ecobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2012

The products look great, the prices and sizes I don't like at all...so many of them even if I liked them I wouldn't re-purchase for such small sizes honestly.

I've only used the Edgy tamming taffy. It does tame my edges well, and it evens work nicely as a pomade on my hair overall - if I were wanting to just use it on my edges I'd be cool with the size but the product made me see that pomade gives me nice clumpy big defined curls and I used it for wash-n-gos so it went quicker.

But overall it's still a good product. It's a thick, 'hard' pomade, it wont spread easily in your hand unless it's been softened a bit first, either by the heat or water.

It's great for sealing in moisture as well, and rinses clean from my hair ^^
Tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #12

KinkyRN's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012

I tried 5 of the products and took them back and got my $79.86 back to Walgreens.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App
KinkyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #13

Join Date: Nov 2011

Has anyone tried the scalp spray for dandruff/issues?

Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #14

MissKris's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010

Walgreens had a BOGO free sale and I wanted the Grow & Strengthen product line. But there are three of them and buying on a BOGO free sale and still spending $30.00 wasn't attractive. One of my local Walgreens only had the EVOO & Moringa products - at least that's what it looked like. Apparently the Grow & Strengthen Herbal Custard was pushed to the back when the EVOO & Moringa shipment came in. When someone found it, they put it on the clearance rack and marked it down from $15.99 to $3.99. Yay! I then proceeded to another Walgreens store to procure the treatment masque and edge taming taffy using the BOGO deal. This is a $43.00 order for which I only shelled out $17.00. Double yay!

This stuff is good! It truly strengthens. You must moisturize well. The label says "Grow & Strengthen," not moisturize. So I will say that these products do what the labels indicate. Good for me cuz I had moisturization all sewn up. I was looking specifically for a strengthener. I'm very happy with the results.

Birth Feb 1984, First press 1990, First relaxer 1992, Last relaxer Oct 2006, BC Sept 2007, 4c.....
MissKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #15

Join Date: Jun 2012

I tried the EVOO and moringa gel again because it was on clearance at Walgreens ($3.54) this time with my sheamoisture curl and style milk and the results are WAY better. Idk what they were thinking when they said dnt use a leave-in you need something under it or you will have harda** hair
Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #16

Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #17

I plan on getting that sometime next week so I could tell you then
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #18

Originally Posted by CurlyCutie1394 View Post

I plan on getting that sometime next week so I could tell you then
How well did the gel work for you? I was considering purchasing it.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #19

itsKelCeeEee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Send a message via AIM to itsKelCeeEee Send a message via Skype™ to itsKelCeeEee

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
I LOVELOVELOVE the hair butter from the same line but this masque did nothing for me. No slip, no more moisturizing than my tresrmme naturals, nothing. It didn't harm my hair but it didn't help either.

I put a bunch of oils in it and use it as a leave-in, and it's decent for that. But I wouldn't repurchase it.

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
itsKelCeeEee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #20

Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee View Post

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

I got it and it moisturIzed well the first time, then a couple days later i tried and it didn't do much. So i may use it once a week or once every two weeks. My hair liked it though. I wanted to try the gel.