Knotty Boy Gel - a summer HG for me

Hi All

I wanted to bring your attention to a CG friendly gel that I love for the warmer seasons. It is Knotty Boy gel. I buy mine from Honey Fig. It lasts a long time - I still have my large jar from last summer. I keep it in the cold storage through the winter. I like a medium to firm gel in the higher dewpoints, but I find tells like BRHG way too strong for my hair. This product is a great compromise. Here is the link:
Honey Fig - Knotty Boy Locksteady Tropical Tightening Gel

The ingredients are:
100% Pure Aloe Vera, Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Lime Essential Oil
Congrats on finding something that's HG status . Hope you are keeping it in the fridge though and keeping germs and water out, there's no preservative listed, and aloe vera and hemp seed oil can go bad fast.

PS, I know Grapefruit Extract is considered a preservative, but I think it's much too mild and insufficient.
3b/fine/thick/normal porosity/bsl

Last edited by blulight; 07-01-2012 at 12:34 PM.
I've actually had my first jar for over a year and have never kept it in the fridge. I did keep it in the cold storage over the winter when I don't use it. Otherwise, it is just in my cupboard....having said that though - my house is never hot.
Thank you for this. I'm always on the hunt for good CG stylers!
I found another list of ingredients for this gel on Lucky Vitamin do you know which is correct?

Aloe Barbensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Algin (Seaweed Gel Base), Sucrose, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp Seed) Oil, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis) Extract (and) Glycerin (Grapefruit Seed Extract), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Aqua and Hydrolysed Oat Protein, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Essential Oil
Hmmm, I would have thought that cold storage was the same as keeping something in the fridge. Is it not?

I will have to remember this gel. I love BRHG, but sometimes it just feels too sticky during application, so maybe this would be a nice change.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Originally Posted by abstractcurls
I will check my jar and let you know. I just copied the list of ingredients from the Honeyfig site.

Originally Posted by Spiralli
My cold storage is definitely cool but nowhere near as cold as my fridge. I also only keep it in the cold storage from Dec-Apr. the other months it is in my bathroom cupboard with all my other products. It is over at least a year old and is still fine. There is no sign of any mold or that it has gone bad. It looks and smells the same as the new jar I just got.

It is my favorite gel for this time of year. The BRHG is a good product but I find it too much for my hair. It stays wet looking and doesn't feel as soft when I use it.
On my roots, I also get the wet look from BRHG. This ha sim proved since I've gone back to a form of very loose plopping.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight