Anyone tried Wen?

I just wanna know if it works? Like the shampoo and other stuff. Speaking of washing hair. I gotta wash mine its starting to get itchy lol.
-xoxo Bre★
There have been alot of discussion threads on the Wen products. Put "Wen" into the search engine and alot will come up.

One thing to note is that if you're going CG, the Wen line has silicones in it.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
There are a lot of Wen reviews here.
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
I like it, but if I only use it and nothing else, it causes build up. I use it once every week or two as a deep conditioner
Current routine:
DEVA No Poo, as a shampoo and conditioner in one (can be used on dry hair to remove build up, then wet hair and complete washing process).

DEVA One Conditioner or TJ Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner as a co-wash (1 - 2X a week)

DEVA light gel & volumizing mousse on very wet hair, scrunch with a microfiber towel

Diffuse with duck clips

HAIR STATS

*3a

*Low porosity
*Low hair density
*Fine hair, but lots of it
It's interesting to note that if you look at Wen ingredients (as the beauty brains did at beautybrains.com) its the same thing as Pantene conditioner! In fact in that review the brains mentioned that the V05 conditioners and the Suave Naturals conditioners are actually better than Wen because they have better cleansing ingredients and they don't contain silicones which can build up in your hair. Good news for all the curlies that want to spend 85 cents
Vs. $35 lol I'll find the link to the article in a bit and post it.
Vs. $35 lol I'll find the link to the article in a bit and post it.
Originally Posted by Puffff
Here's the link i promised! Is Wen Conditioner a Wonder?
Puff, that's very interesting! I would never try Wen because of the silicones, but it's very interesting to know that other than that, Wen is the same as the much cheaper Pantene and Suave. I use VO-5 to cowash.... maybe I'll switch to Pantene or Suave next time I'm due to buy my cowash, and see how they compare!

EDIT: I saw in the article that they actually recommend Suave and VO-5 to Pantene, so I think I'll stick with my VO-5. $1 for 20oz can't be beat!

I've always kind of felt that Wen was a bit of a scam Slick marketing is what gets people to spend $35 a bottle, not a better product.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB

Last edited by Auntie Bubbs; 07-28-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Thank you for posting this, Puffff. I've always had a wicked temptation to try Wen, but restrained myself because 1) the price is prohibitive and 2) many curlies described it as expensive co-washing. This proves them right!

But "Summer Mango Coconut" still sounds awesome. I'm hoping some natural boutique can replicate that scent in a sulfate-free, cone-free formula.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
Don't even get me started on Wen.... Here's my Wen story lol:

I discovered Wen one lazy afternoon in which, like in many others, I was flipping through channels and those evil soft voiced females hypnotized me into watching them on the home shopping channel lol actually its on QVC (who else has QVC listed under their guilty pleasures? no, only me? ok) and Wen was on. This was RIGHT BEFORE I discovered the Curly Girl Method. I thought the "cleansing conditioner" made a lot of sense, as i did with CG, so I went ahead and ordered Wen. It was great, but I did not feel comfortable spending so much money on one product, which was going very fast due to the fact that there's 3 Ladies in my household, including me, who always go for my products because they assume I'm so into my hair, they might as well use whatever I'm using (my mom and my sister)

Forward a few months to me finding Devacurl, Devachan Salon and Lorraine Massey's CG Method man did my hair's life change...

So, to sum it all up: Wen is chock full of silicones, so if you're CG or looking to become CG, big no no. Also, I think he's capitalizing on a growing revolution, and he's not complementing his product with more information (obviously he doesn't care about the buildup cones cause) So to me, it almost feels like he's selling this as if it is such a great idea (the no shampoo method) and it IS, but again, what about the cones? how about making a product that is TRULY great, not just for those who don't know better?

Sorry if I ranted on, but he irks me ever since I found out about the true CG method
3A Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity
CG since August 2010 and loving it
Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

Loves me some VOLUME So no clumps here, Thanks!
I've used the knock off from Sallys, it was okay. http://www.sallybeauty.com/on/demand...w?pid=HARONE01

Sent from my SCH-S720C using CurlTalk App
I think my hair is 3a/3b, low/normal porosity
http://public.fotki.com/ChristyCheryl/ PW: meow
So far this summer, loving Oyin Handmade! Particularly Greg Juice and Hair Dew
I know I've posted about Wen before, but maybe not in this thread. I've tried it twice and both times, it really took my curl away. The most recent time was a month ago (trying to moisturize my hair from a Living Proof disaster). I thought it was great the first couple times I used it, then my hair started to disappear again...clumps of it, plus my curl went away on the top, leaving me with a weird wavy mess.

I had a cut scheduled with my DEVA lady and luckily she was able to help me.

When I brought the product back to Sephora, I was told I wasn't the only CG who had issues with WEN.

Just a note of caution...but my curls DID come back. My HS told me that if I get any kind of build up to use the DEVA loo poo - put a lot of it on dry hair. Let it sit a couple minutes, then wash with the low poo again. If you need a conditioner, then follow up with it. The style as normal.

I was amazed at how great it worked! And if you aren't a total fan of DEVA, you can get a smaller bottle at ULTA for $7 just to use for emergency situations
Current routine: