-   -   Trader Joes Tea tree and peppermint conditioner. (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/147363-trader-joes-tea-tree-peppermint-conditioner.html)

nanachan 07-16-2012 02:18 PM

Trader Joes Tea tree and peppermint conditioner.

IS AMAZING.
It has an incredible amount of slip, makes my hair smell like peppermint and eucalyptus and conditions my hair an INCREDIBLE amount.
the best part, its cone free and its about $4 for 16oz.
GAHILOVEITSOMUCH.

just sayn, you should try it.

Auntie Bubbs 07-27-2012 08:05 PM

I bought some today, just based on your rave recommendation here :)
I already use and love their Refresh shampoo, so I'm hoping their Tea Tree Tingle conditioner will be a winner for me. I tried thier spa condish a long time ago and didn't love it. I didn't hate it, but it was just "meh" for me. I gave it to my sister and she loves it though. We don't have the same hair - she's a 2a with some 3b, not as dry as I am, and definitely not as coarse, and she doesn't have as much volume or texture as I do.

I've been wanting a tea tree and peppermint poo or condish though, for my scalp, so I hope this will be it. I have been tempted to try the shampoo in this line too, but I like the Refresh alot, and since I only use it once a week to clarify, the bottle lasts forever.

I'll have to post how I like the Tingle!! Thanks for the 411 :D

rymorg2 07-29-2012 05:29 AM

Its one of my faves too! LOVE it for a CO wash if my scalp is itchy!

mollyj 08-05-2012 02:30 PM

Ahhh i just bought this too and it's so amazing!!! :)

Auntie Bubbs 08-05-2012 07:34 PM

This is just ok for me. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. It's more of a cowash condish for me than an acutal moisturizing RO. It just doesn't have enough moisturizing properties to use as an everyday RO, and it doesn't promote clumping at all. Glad I didn't spend alot of money on it.
I don't hate it, but I won't be repurchasing. I guess my hair needs a richer condish than this one. Oh well!

anagray 08-05-2012 08:41 PM

I love love love this conditioner!!!! Its really moisturizing and I'm able to detangle easily. I use it to style my hair instead of ro and it works wonders for my hair :)

CappuccinoCurls 08-10-2012 07:53 AM

I really like it too. I'm on my 3rd bottle :)

The Yes to Carrots Pampering conditioner is pretty awesome too, but I heard they changed the ingredients. I'd have to take another look to make sure it is cone free.

Otherwise, I swear by mostly DEVA stuff. I always try the cheaper stuff and always come back to DEVA + my TJ TT. I just wish the TJ's shampoo was sulfate free...it still has a small amount, per the ingredients.

UhLeashUh 08-10-2012 08:19 AM

We are FINALLY getting a TJ's in Dallas, so I will be able to try this in a couple months! :thumbright:

Auntie Bubbs 08-12-2012 10:49 PM

You should try the Yes to CUCUMBERS. It's 10x better than the Yes to Carrots or any of the Trader Joe's condishs IMO. I get wonderful slip from the Yes to Cucumbers, and great clumps.
I switched off the Yes to Cucumbers and was using Carrots instead because Carrots was on sale, and when I ran out, that's when I tried the Tea Tree Tingle. I just switched back to Cucumbers and my hair is so much happier. The first day I used the Cucumbers, it looked completely different: shiny, soft, frizzy free clumps again. I hadn't realized what a difference my conditioner was making in how my hair styles until then.

UhLeashUh 08-13-2012 08:02 AM

Are you guys using this as a leave-in conditioner or just for co-washing?

Auntie Bubbs 08-13-2012 10:24 PM

Because the Tea Tree Tingle didn't work out for me as a regular RO, I'm going to use it as a cowash. I used it once already, but I haven't used it enough to evaluate it as a cowash yet. I'll have to give it a few more uses as a cowash and let you know :)

I wouldn't use it as a LI. In general, if I don't like something as a RO, I won't use it as a LI.

GroYoFro 08-15-2012 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by mollyj (Post 2009027)
Ahhh i just bought this too and it's so amazing!!! :)

I did too and The best part is that a Trader Joes is less then three blocks from my house