Living Proof

I recall now that I tried a sample of this way back and liked it. I wonder why I didn't buy it. I'm going to try again. I hope it doesn't dry out my hair!
Every day is a gift
Ok, I won a Try Me kit on ebay so as soon as I get it and try it out I'll let you all know how it works for me.
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
^^ Great! I am crossing my fingers, toes, eyes

I like how I look in curls better than straight or roller set so I am hoping this will work and I can wear my hair curly for a few days in a row without it looking like I stuck my finger in the light socket.
Every day is a gift
Thanks for the other codes -- ALLCHIC didn't work for me either, so I was bummed!

Wow, I just went to the LP website and I see that they don't sell the curl cream that I used to use. I think I'd read something about them combining/changing products. The one that I used to use had words in the label like "Wave Shaping Curl Defining No Frizz Styling Cream for medium to thick hair". Not a catchy name, for sure. Now I see that that product is not sold at Sephora anymore, and on the LP site the closest product now might be "nourishing styling cream".

When I used the original cream, I used it maybe 2-3 days in a row when I first got hot on it, but typically used it maybe 1x per week or when I just didn't feel like using a gel that day.

Someone on here once posted that you can try making your own curl cream by combining your fave gel with your fave conditioner, but I never tried that -- didn't sound like it would work for me.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
Spiralli, I noticed that too. I had only tried a sample once and liked it, but didn't follow up. When I looked on their website, what I had tried was gone.

Last night I emailed LP asking what products I should use on my medium thick, curly hair which is damaged from dyeing it. I think they only respond M-F.

I'll keep watching this thread to see what's happening with everyone. Please keep posting.

Originally Posted by Spiralli

Aveyou has the 2 oz of this.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
curlypearl,
I wash or wet my hair every day so I won't be any help letting you know about 2nd day hair.
But I can't wait to get my kit and play!
I got the Frizz shampoo, conditioner, styling treatment, styling cream, and styling spray.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
Aveyou has the 2 oz of this.
Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
That is the one I used previously. I may call LP to ask for a sample of the new styling cream, just for kicks.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
OK Jeepy, thanks for letting me know. I'll just have to take the plunge myself.
Every day is a gift
Hi guys - I got the nourishing styling cream as part of a monthly subscription but was scared to try it until I read this post. So I tried it yesterday and my hair has been AMAZING!!! It had so much body, volume, bounce, root lift and gave be better and longer lasting curl definition than any cream I have tried (given I've only tried a few).

Normally I use KCKT as my leave in and then either KCCC or BRHG and I get pretty good curl and hold but not as much volume as I'd like. I've tried CCCCLite but it did nothing for me. Didn't give me too much curl definition and by second day my hair was kinda limp. Also it didn't give me any volume.

The LP nourishing styling cream is perfect for me and I'm so glad I read this thread! As for my routine, I used DevaCurl no poo, Vo5 RO with hair upside down. KCKT leave in, then plopped for like 5 minutes to absorb some water, then flipped my head up straight and scrunched in the LP nourishing cream. I find that putting product in slightly damp instead of dripping wet hair gives me more volume and root lift.

Looking forward to reading others experiences!
Is this cg?

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App
Hey Lindsey, it's not CG - it's a completely different approach. I just used the shampoo, conditioning and nourishing styling cream. My hair is still very wet so I can't tell, but so far, it's looking a lot less tangled then it usually looks out of the shower.

I'll post back. The big test will come after I use it a few times (if it doesn't dry out my hair I'll continue using it). Hoping!!!
Every day is a gift
I did some research on the ingredients and tho there is a polymer that is similar to a silicone, from what I've read it can be washed out with a non-sulfate shampoo/conditioner so it shouldn't build up. We shall see!
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
Well, my hair dried after my first shampoo/condition/styling cream with LP No Frizz and frankly it's a big disappointment. My hair looks and feels dry.

It isn't frizzing much but it looks awful. Lifeless. This does not appear to be the magic bullet for my 3a-3b hair.
Every day is a gift
My goodies came today but I have some events coming up so no experimenting for a few days.
I don't use shampoo but I will try it just because it's part of the system. But it almost always makes my hair dry so I'll try it with the shampoo once and then try it again without it.
Right off the bat tho, I don't love the smell of it but it's not hideous so I can live with it.

Originally Posted by curlypearl
LP was extremely drying on me. Worst stuff ever considering the price.
curlypearl likes this.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I hope I kept my receipt from Sephora! What a ripoff. Living Proof is about the worst product I've tried.

My hair feels like dental floss.
Every day is a gift
i was at the mall on sunday so stopped in at sephora's. they had testers out and some of them said wet or dry hair, so i tried a bit of restoring leave in conditioner on one section and some of the restoring styling cream on the rest.
my hair was still frizzy and looked lifeless, dry. i know it is not a true test since i did not have wet hair, but it was enough to make me happy i hadn't purchased it. and unless some of you come back and say it was great....

jeep -- the smell was horrible, a chemical smell.

curlypearl -- it is cg. there is an old curl chemist article on the ingredient:

New Super-Hold Polymers
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
I emailed the company and they are sending me some samples...yay!
Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls

They are a pretty neat company so it does not surprise me they would shoot out some samples. I know that Sephora has trail sizes of these products typically.

I use this occasionally and it works for me but I have fine hair.

Last edited by xcptnl; 08-01-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Yes, the smell is not good at all. But I sprayed some of the hair spray on my hair just to smell it and see what it felt like and the smell went away immediately. We'll have to see about the others.
Still, it can't ever be as bad as Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. I still have nightmares about that smell. : )