Living Proof

I am going to see if I can e-mail them to request a sample of the styling cream so that I can compare it to the other No Frizz stuff I used to use. I don't have time to call during the day; I hope they look at e-mails!
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
I'm disappointed and kind of surprised. I don't understand why it didn't work at all on me.

Oh well, at least I have hair! My grandma and Dad and Aunt went bald. Counting my blessings.
Every day is a gift
I believe it has myristyl alcohols. While they are supposed to be conditioning, I find them to be very drying.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
And on top of having drrryyyy hair all day, by the end of the day I have the worst frizz. I mean, Elsa Lanchester in Bride of Frankenstein frizz.

I'm washing it all out tomorrow with a sulfate poo - even if a lo poo would work, I'm not taking any chances. This stuff is my Kryptonite.
Originally Posted by Spiralli
They responded to my email within a day or two.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Last night I washed with the shampoo (immediately hated the feel of it, but I hate the feel of all the shampoo which is why I don't use it except for a couple times of year when I'm experimenting).
I liked the conditioner ok, it had some slip, but not great enough to give up my $1 Suave conditioner that smells and works great.
I used the Styling Treatment under my LA Looks Sport Gel and it worked very well. Lots of definition. I probably could have gotten away with 2nd day hair today but I wanted to experiment some more to see if I get the drying problems everyone else is having.
Today I used the conditioner again, then the Styling Cream under my gel. It's not dry yet but I can tell I will have nice definition again.

Even with good results I probably wouldn't buy the styling products again. I'd rather spend next to nothing on my current products that work well enough and smell good.
But then in the winter when my hair has no definition and starts to irk me I might just buy it again to see how it works that time of year.
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
I feel the need to weigh in on Living Proof. I bought the entire line for thick curly hair, whatever, last year. It made my hair like dry straw in one week. Yes, it gave my hair great body, and my hair got bigger as the moisture got sucked out of it and then looked like a broom. Proceed with caution.
Once upon a time, on a clear moonlit night, I counted all the stars in the sky.
here's a question to those of you who have tried lp, then went on to other things.

did you notice an improvement in your curl definition for a couple of days after you stopped using it?

i used it from the testers at sephora on dry hair. now i know it's not the same as on wet hair, but some of it can be used on dry and wet. i hated it the day i used it, sunday.
monday, tues and wed i cowashed, used my ssdd as a leave in, cj afg as styler which i have been doing pretty much all summer, just trading off with leave ins. my hair was really, really good!
then i low poo'd yesterday, thurs, and my hair was good, but not the same. and today it seems to be drying as good, not amazingly good.

i wonder if the lp ingredients stay in your hair until a low poo? and i am wondering if this would be a good pre-wash every few days????
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
From what I read it says it does stay on the hair (which is why they claim your hair stays clean longer).

I'm on day 3 and still liking the styling cream and styling treatment (don't really see any difference between them). My hair is holding it's curl and definition all day (unless I play with it or pull it into a pony). And strangely, my hair seems curlier and longer at the same time. Makes no sense but that's how it looks.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
thanks! i think i will buy the styling cream, use it every few days maybe. that might make it not drying????

that is the same way my hair was ---long 3b curls. my hair is usually 3a with a sprinkling of 3b curls.
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
I received my samples yesterday and had to test them all today. I received the no frizz shampoo, conditioner, leave in and nourishing cream. The scent is different but not very strong. Everything felt good and smooth on my hair.....til it started drying...then my hair started getting bigger and bigger..and frizzy . So back under the faucet my head went!!!! I washed twice with my low poo.
I don't believe the nourishing cream has any "hold" and I think that was the problem. At aveyou.com I was reading the description for the creams and the only one that I noticed claimed any hold was the one for "curly, wavy" hair. So....I may order the 2oz of the one for curly, wavy hair..maybe. My hair was looking shiny but very puffy and more frizz than I usually get. I know that it's been mentioned that it takes a few times for you to start seeing the results...but I couldn't afford for my hair to look like that today . If I do end up trying the other styling cream, I don't believe I will purchase the shampoo, conditioner and leave in....as I have products that already work for me....as a matter of fact, I don't really need the styling cream....I just couldn't resist trying another new product.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I must be one of the few having good luck with these products. Again, the shampoo, conditioner, and hair spray aren't anything better than the much cheaper products I already use. But the style creams are working really well for me.
Curlpearl, I got 2nd day hair today. Not just good enough to put in a pony but good enough to wear down. Never happens.
I've tried lots of curl creams and didn't hate them but I never liked the producty feel. These don't feel like that to me.
I'll keep you all posted as to any changes.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
I think its drying my hair. Im on week four and my hair is getting bigger. Im so done with this hair.. Ive spent hundreds maybe more like $1000 on every line.. I thought this was it.. Grumble

I cant tell you how overwhelmed i am... And broke by 100 dollars

My hair looked fantastic for a couple weeks.. Grrrrrrrrr

J

I cant tell you how overwhelmed i am... And broke by 100 dollars

My hair looked fantastic for a couple weeks.. Grrrrrrrrr

J
Originally Posted by Netters272
i tried it again yesterday. and again this morning i woke up with dry, limp hair. i so want to like it, but i am afraid in the long run it will dry out my hair. i actually had a nightmare about it, felt i had permanently dried it out!! LOL!

i'm just wondering if the fact that this ingredient coats the hair, then lasts a while, does not prevent moisture from coming in from our conditioners? so it blocks humidity, but it blocks the good, necessary moisture? think i'm done with this product.
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
When I used the old formula styling cream for curly/wavy hair -- the one available on aveyou.com -- I didn't use it daily. Maybe 1-2x per week and never back-to-back days. I didn't notice build-up, producty feel, or that my hair felt dry or looked frizzy. I usually got great hair days with it. So maybe that's a possibility -- not using it every day. Not a prob for me since I have other styling products that I like a lot, so I like to rotate anyway.

I am looking forward to trying the new styling cream and hoping that maybe I will get good results like jeepcurlygurl.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
I'm still liking the styling cream very much. It takes a little longer for my hair to dry if it's humid out. And I still don't like the smell but it disappears quickly. But if I can find a good deal on this, I will buy it again.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
The weather has been dry since I've been using Living Proof but I finally got a humid day today to see how it worked. Temp 75, humidity 94%, dew point 68.
It did a bang up job! I wore my hair down all day and got caught in the rain twice. After 10 hours my hair had lots of volume (which I like) but still had definition and hardly any frizz.
Attached Thumbnails
Living Proof-8-27-12.jpg
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
I so wished it would work for me.

(just whining here).
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
It looks fantastic!!!! You're making me want to buy a bottle...

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I sent an email and they replied the next day! They are going to send samples to Canada IM SO EXCITED hope this works for me
crossing fingers.
Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
Finally grew out my bad layers!!!