Old 09-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #61

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

I tried one of my sample packets on Friday. No bueno for me. My hair felt great when wet with the product on, and I was excited that it might be like the old No Frizz cream for curly/wavy hair that I used. It wasn't. No definition to my curls, no hold. However, the product was lighter and less producty-feeling than the original, so that may have some appeal to people wanting to try it who didn't like the original. I will give the 2nd sample packet a try, maybe tomorrow, but won't purchase a small size unless I get hugely different results from the first time.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length. Modified CG since 5/2004; growing gray since 5/2007.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Terax Crema, Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask, Je Veux Revitalizing Mud Mask, Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #62

Join Date: Sep 2009
Default Living Proof Prime Style Extender

I see from the Sephora website that Living Proof has a new product. It's called Living Proof Prime Style Extender. Don't know anything about it and don't know if I have the guts to try it due to my previous experiences with Living Proof products. If I do try it, I will definitely post the results.
Greatcurls likes this.
Once upon a time, on a clear moonlit night, I counted all the stars in the sky.
starznthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #63

Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl View Post
The weather has been dry since I've been using Living Proof but I finally got a humid day today to see how it worked. Temp 75, humidity 94%, dew point 68.
It did a bang up job! I wore my hair down all day and got caught in the rain twice. After 10 hours my hair had lots of volume (which I like) but still had definition and hardly any frizz.
Are you still liking the Living Proof?
LatashaM likes this.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, TN, Giovanni SAS, Kenra, CJ CR/CJ RM
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, UFDCM, Gel-les'C, SM hair milk, JC Spiralicious

Old 10-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #64

Join Date: Dec 2011

Yes, please do tell! I've been fighting the urge to buy this, but my resistance took a hit when I saw this article today (cross-posted on the General Discussion board):

Jennifer Aniston Signs Up as Investor and Spokeswoman for Living Proof Hair Products - WSJ.com

The Wave Shaping Curl Defining cream seems to be a love/hate kind of product, so I'm very curious how this has held up for those of you who got good results.

LatashaM likes this.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
PT: SSI Okra; CJ Repair Me; BASK Whiskey Soak
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #65

Join Date: May 2005

I am still liking this alot. I would LOVE it if it was cheaper and smelled better.
By coincidence I got their mousse in my Beauty Test Tube this month (it comes every few months, with 6-8 full size or travel size beauty products). I'm not a fan of mousse but I tried it today on soaking wet hair and it worked nearly as well as the cream.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, Ojon Restorative Treatment, oils, honey, vinegar.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #66

Join Date: Apr 2012

I just ordered a bottle of the Wave shaping curl defining styling cream off eBay.....will report back.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #67

Join Date: May 2005

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but this stuff definitely makes my hair feel thicker (I've lost a boat load of hair the last few years due to thyroid and other hormone issues).
I still wet my hair nearly every day because I don't like the way my hair looks after sleeping on it, but this styling cream does hold the curls enough overnight for it to look decent in a pony the 2nd day.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #68

Join Date: Apr 2012

I just received the wavy/curly styling cream. I'm going to try it first by itself over a leave in, no gel or other styling product to see how it works on its own. I will report back with my results.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #69

Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl View Post
Two questions...are you using this daily? ..and have you noticed less frizz the more you use these products?

My hair turned out surprisingly well...not "fantastic", but nice. Lots of definition. I used about a quarter size for my hair. I left in some of my regular conditioner after co-washing and applied the cream. I air dried about 15-20 minutes and diffused to about 90%. I will see how my hair looks tomorrow.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #70

Join Date: Jun 2008

I"m so disappointed that the new formulation didn't work for me. I'm confused because it was so great originally.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Experimenting with cones & sulfates while the dews are high. Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
curlypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #71

Join Date: Apr 2012

For those of you who want/like the wave definig, curl styling cream it is still sold on the living proof site.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #72

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls View Post
I would use it daily if it wasn't so expensive (I'm used to $1 products so this is expensive to me). I wet my hair every day but don't condition wash every day, so I'm sure the Living Proof is still in there the 2nd day.
I don't have a ton of frizz (or maybe it's just that I don't mind frizz so I don't really notice it). But it does give me definition and hold even on a humid windy day.