Living Proof

I tried one of my sample packets on Friday. No bueno for me. My hair felt great when wet with the product on, and I was excited that it might be like the old No Frizz cream for curly/wavy hair that I used. It wasn't. No definition to my curls, no hold. However, the product was lighter and less producty-feeling than the original, so that may have some appeal to people wanting to try it who didn't like the original. I will give the 2nd sample packet a try, maybe tomorrow, but won't purchase a small size unless I get hugely different results from the first time.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
I see from the Sephora website that Living Proof has a new product. It's called Living Proof Prime Style Extender. Don't know anything about it and don't know if I have the guts to try it due to my previous experiences with Living Proof products. If I do try it, I will definitely post the results.
Greatcurls likes this.
Once upon a time, on a clear moonlit night, I counted all the stars in the sky.
The weather has been dry since I've been using Living Proof but I finally got a humid day today to see how it worked. Temp 75, humidity 94%, dew point 68.
It did a bang up job! I wore my hair down all day and got caught in the rain twice. After 10 hours my hair had lots of volume (which I like) but still had definition and hardly any frizz.
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
Are you still liking the Living Proof?
LatashaM likes this.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Yes, please do tell! I've been fighting the urge to buy this, but my resistance took a hit when I saw this article today (cross-posted on the General Discussion board):

Jennifer Aniston Signs Up as Investor and Spokeswoman for Living Proof Hair Products - WSJ.com

The Wave Shaping Curl Defining cream seems to be a love/hate kind of product, so I'm very curious how this has held up for those of you who got good results.

LatashaM likes this.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
I am still liking this alot. I would LOVE it if it was cheaper and smelled better.
By coincidence I got their mousse in my Beauty Test Tube this month (it comes every few months, with 6-8 full size or travel size beauty products). I'm not a fan of mousse but I tried it today on soaking wet hair and it worked nearly as well as the cream.
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
I just ordered a bottle of the Wave shaping curl defining styling cream off eBay.....will report back.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but this stuff definitely makes my hair feel thicker (I've lost a boat load of hair the last few years due to thyroid and other hormone issues).
I still wet my hair nearly every day because I don't like the way my hair looks after sleeping on it, but this styling cream does hold the curls enough overnight for it to look decent in a pony the 2nd day.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
I just received the wavy/curly styling cream. I'm going to try it first by itself over a leave in, no gel or other styling product to see how it works on its own. I will report back with my results.

Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
Two questions...are you using this daily? ..and have you noticed less frizz the more you use these products?

My hair turned out surprisingly well...not "fantastic", but nice. Lots of definition. I used about a quarter size for my hair. I left in some of my regular conditioner after co-washing and applied the cream. I air dried about 15-20 minutes and diffused to about 90%. I will see how my hair looks tomorrow.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I"m so disappointed that the new formulation didn't work for me. I'm confused because it was so great originally.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
For those of you who want/like the wave definig, curl styling cream it is still sold on the living proof site.

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
I would use it daily if it wasn't so expensive (I'm used to $1 products so this is expensive to me). I wet my hair every day but don't condition wash every day, so I'm sure the Living Proof is still in there the 2nd day.
I don't have a ton of frizz (or maybe it's just that I don't mind frizz so I don't really notice it). But it does give me definition and hold even on a humid windy day.