-   -   Living Proof (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/147404-living-proof.html)

Netters272 07-17-2012 03:52 PM

Living Proof

I havent been here in eons but had to stop back to tell you all after 1000s and I mean 1000s of trials and dollars and... you get the pic

I found living proof NO FRIZZ styling creme and styling spray.. (also the conditioner but not so right for me)

I have been using for two weeks and my frizz is HISTORY..
The conditioner was great but it has wheat protein and my hair goes alittle fluffy... - I hated the shampoo, it made my hair feel like grass

So I use kinky curly shampoo, any conditioner really and slather on the no frizz styling creme and spray.. THE SPRAY can be used on dry hair and NEVER flattens or makes it look greasy..

MY HAIR WAS LIKE silk EVEN after blow drying!!

JUST MY two cents, after crying over frizzy hair..I think ive found my rainbow..

jnet

curlypearl 07-17-2012 06:34 PM

Netters this is very interesting! I wanted to try LP but after reading reviews I was afraid because some people said it totally dried out their hair.

What was your hair like before? What type, porosity, etc.? Can you give an update?

Thanks so much for posting. I may feel bold enough to try this after this.

Netters272 07-18-2012 06:01 AM

hhmmm

Type.. I never got an analysis sooo
it is VERY thick... 3b curls and VERY dry.. everytime I washed it or dried it it became frizzy... and then stringy...

THIS took away the frizz in one try.. I WAS OPEN MOUTH agape!!.. like I said, didnt love the shampoo but I truly think if you are going to try anything.. it should be the creme... and dont be stingy.. I KNOW it is expensive but not as much as all the products

I have experienced NO dryness.. my hair actually feels SOFT.. I mean a true difference just in this short time..

if you buy it from Ulta.. it is money back - buying it from the store is even better.. no questions asked..

PS I use it when I want to straighten or go curly

j

curlypearl 07-18-2012 06:18 AM

As you continue to use it, please post back and let us know if your hair is getting dried out or is staying nice and soft. Thanks! :thumbright:

CappuccinoCurls 07-18-2012 12:00 PM

Interesting...I got the "trial" kit from ULTA and my hair GREW. Maybe it was the conditioner that did it. I never gave the frizz free lotion a shot on its own.

Netters272 07-21-2012 07:37 PM

Wheat proteini

Im thinking that is why my hair got big too.. It was still not frizzy but larger..
I dont know if im keeping the conditioner but i love the styling creme and the styling spray..

I just had a blow out done free at ulta and my hair looks and feels amazing.. And im sure it was the stylist but my hair was incredible.. Straight with a bit of wave and it really does stay clean for a long time.. Last week i actually went 5 days and it never looked greasy..

I hope you have the same outcome as i did... Will continue to keep up to date

J

jeepcurlygurl 07-24-2012 09:21 AM

I haven't experimented with anything new in a long time and this caught my eye. I think I'll go look for some samples and try it just for fun.

curlypearl 07-24-2012 05:57 PM

Jeepy, great! Be our guinea pig (you know I love ya!). :love5:Please post back and tell us how it goes. If it works for you over a couple of weeks, I'll try it.

Right now I'm pretty desperate - I can get good looking hair for one day - or part of the day until the humidity attacks me.

Curlsnswirls 07-24-2012 06:15 PM

Is it the Wave shaping curl defining cream or the nourishing styling cream?

Netters272 07-24-2012 08:33 PM

Hmm

Nourishing .. At ulta the store they didnt have any curl or wave things in the no frizz like i see online

Jury still out on the conditioner but so far really like creme and spray.. The reduction in frizz is dramatic.. Hopefully it doesnt dry like some have said..i will continue to update

I get it from ulta cause you can return..i hate buying something and being stuck

J

jeepcurlygurl 07-26-2012 12:19 PM

Still bidding of some of these products on Ebay but jeez they sell for more than I will pay for hair products! Will let you know if I get any!

rbb 07-26-2012 04:08 PM

i never tried living proof, altho i am curious about it.
i believe sephora sells living proof and they usually have samples, altho you have to ask for them.

Curlsnswirls 07-26-2012 04:18 PM

I emailed the company and they are sending me some samples...yay!

Curlsnswirls 07-26-2012 06:07 PM

Aveyou.com carries these products and they always have a discount code. They also have some sample packs and two ounce size bottles..lstill not cheap but reasonable with a discount code.

rbb 07-27-2012 06:22 AM

i never even thought to look for them in aveyou.com. i might order some samples along with my next regular order. thanks!

Spiralli 07-28-2012 04:17 PM

I loved the LP curl/wave cream! I repurchased regularly for the past couple of years. Then when I ran out of my last one, I didn't reorder for some reason.

Do you know of any aveyou.com codes that are valid now? I am trying not to have to spend $100, which is one code I saw that works.

rbb 07-28-2012 04:18 PM

"ALLCHIC" will give you 20% off any amount.

Curlsnswirls 07-28-2012 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by rbb (Post 2003354)
"ALLCHIC" will give you 20% off any amount.

Last time I tried that coupon it said it was invalid :(.

rbb 07-28-2012 04:30 PM

:-(

ok, then there is GIVEME15 for $15 off of $75 and more.

or,

can't find the one that was for orders of $50 or more. ????

i've been using AVEYOU25 for $25 off $100+

anyone know any others?

SPIRALLI - what is the exact name of the LP you were using? they have 61 products to choose from !! LOL!

curlypearl 07-28-2012 04:53 PM

Please continue posting with your experiences. I would be openmouthed with astonishment if this actually works and doesn't dry our hair.

If I wear my hair curly, I can get nice curls for one day - can't ever get 2nd day, so sometimes I give up and do a roller set. It doesn't look nearly as good and it is aging, but my hair looks neater and it lasts a good 4 days. I just don't have time to wet my hair, style, and dry it every day - also I think wetting it every day is drying also.

Definitely, I am going to try this LP if you guys say it continues to work and not dry your hair!