Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #21

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I didn't think any of the Frizz-Ease line was CG. Is the mousse?

I tried out the HE TT mousse and I really liked it. I got it on sale at Ralph's for $2.77 which is a dirt cheap price I would've gotten more than one can but I didn't know if I'd like it. I tried it out Sat. with a little bit of Sally's biotera gel over it for hold (I could tell the mousse did not have enough hold) and got great curls, minimal frizz. I got two great compliments too - one from a random lady at Sam's club who stopped to compliment my hair while I was shopping with my mom, which was very cool and one from my neighbor, who thought I had done something different with my hair. It was nice. I'm going to use the mousse again tomorrow to do my hair for work and see how people react.
It's important to me that the mousse be CG. So I'm glad the HE TT is CG. I can't find the 3-in-1 at any stores near me, but eventually I will, I hope!
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #22

Originally Posted by kurlygurly View Post
I seem to get the best results with both gel and mousse. I like a liquidy-type gel instead of the thicker kind. No matter what brand i use i always go back to Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt. I like most mousses.....currently John Freida's Frizz Ease curl reviver is good......Nexxus mousse is moisturizing but it had a cone that i don't want so I've stopped using it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #23

Join Date: Aug 2008

@Auntie Bubbs, there aren't any cones in the frizz ease mousse I use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
3B....Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal iherb.com discount code DWW266

Old 08-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #24

Join Date: Aug 2008

How do you apply both products or in which order? I like the Biotera gel from Sally's as well as my mousse and use it in my rotation but haven't tried them together.[/QUOTE]

I first distribute the gel evenly throughout the hair making sure to get each section, then follow with a lite amount of mousse, being sure to cover the ends.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #25

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

No cones in the Frizz Ease mousse is good

I put the HE TT mousse in my hair first, then follow up with some Bioterra gel scrunched into the ends and lightly all over the sides and back as a sealer/for extra hold. It worked great the first time I did it, and so so today. I think today was only so so because I didn't dry it all the way like I did Sat. I only dried it for like 20 minutes before I had to SOTC and go to work. My hair looked good but it was alot flatter today than it was Sat. Sat. I had fabulous curls and alot of body and movement.

I like the gel over the mousse though.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #26

Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs View Post
No cones in the Frizz Ease mousse is good

I like the gel over the mousse though.
I need to try it that way......never even thought to do it like that. Seems like the gel would undo any mousse effect but I'm trying that next. I'll update my results.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #27

Join Date: Aug 2008

Ok, i tried it the other way around....mousse then gel...seemed a bit heavy that way. I guess i wanted to make sure the mousse prevented any type of frizz so I may have put more than I should have. All in all I guess it turned out fine.

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
3B/Medium density/Medium thickness/Medium porosity

Old 08-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #28

Naturalista's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010

Joiwhip and smooth n shine's mousse were pretty great when I was transitioning from heat damage and had a looser texture.
Balraj likes this.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam

Naturalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #29

curlisue1's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010

I just tried Pantene mousse today and so far I really like it. My hair is soft and no frizz. I think it is CG. I'm interested to see if I can get good results again tomorrow.
curlisue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #30

Join Date: Dec 2010

I love using mousse, too, but am always unsure as to the best way to apply it. For those of you who use it on a regular basis, do you apply it to soaking wet hair, or do you get some of the water out? Do you plop at all after using it?

SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG
Treatments: SS protein treatment or CJ Curl Fix or Nexxus Emergencee + CJ Curl Rehab

Old 08-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #31

TIA!
I apply a quarter size of AOMM first to soaking wet hair and then apply two golf ball to tennis ball size of mousse. One to top and front half of hair and the other to the back half and then plop while I get my makeup on and then diffuse till dry or almost dry and air dry the rest of the way. Then SOTC and apply a little Sebastian Shaper hairspray for extra hold. Love it!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #32

TIA!
Thanks, Beebop! So the mousse is applied to soaking wet hair, too? What is AOMM?

Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #33

TIA!
AOMM is Aubrey Organics mandarin magic a hair moisturizing jelly that increases my curl and decreases frizz, I use it with everything, you can usually find it at a health food store like Vitamin Shoppe or a private health food store or Whole Foods will order it for you if they don't carry it already. And the mousse is applied right after that to soaking wet hair and then plopped. I also use a pea size amount of my conditioner as well before getting out of the shower...right now my HG conditioner is Tresseme naturals with avocado and aloe. HTH!
poemaXX, LeanneM and Balraj like this.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #34

Join Date: Dec 2010

Thank you, thank you, Beebop! That helps so much! I remember reading about the Mandarin Magic awhile back, and it sounds great! I'll have to pick some up!

Old 08-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #35

Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Let me know how it works for you...both my daughter and I love it, and I've tried not using it but my curls don't clump as much and I get more frizz, so it's a HG products for us without weighing our hair down.
LeanneM likes this.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #36

DepressedCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

Clairol 3 in 1...i have lots of 3b curls, pretty dense, and I'm not sure about porosity. I did the strand thing and i thought High but my hair won't dye easy, and loses moisture and drys out quick. so i thought maybe my cuticle was pretty sealed so maybe low. Who knows. But anyways, i tried it today and i love it. I usually use eco styler gel but this seems way better. Dries so much quicker and it gives me amazing shine and softness. Loooove so far. Idk if it gives second day hair. We'll see, hopefully it does!
DepressedCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #37

Originally Posted by Beebop View Post

Let me know how it worksfor you...both my daughter and I love it, and I've tried not using it but my curls don't clump as much and I get more frizz, so it's a HG products for us without weighing our hair down.
I ordered some online yesterday, so I'll definitely keep you posted!

Now I need to find the Clairol 3 in 1, too!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #38

Join Date: Aug 2008

Drying quickly usually means high porosity.
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls View Post

Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #39

Originally Posted by Beebop View Post

I ordered some online yesterday, so I'll definitely keep you posted!

Now I need to find the Clairol 3 in 1, too!
Don't be surprised when you smell the AOMM because it has a strange herbal scent to it & I sometimes add some mandarin or grapefruit essential oils to it to make it smell better but it doesn't last in the hair.
The Condition 3-in- 1 is on the bottom shelf at Walgreens and CVS, hope it all works for you!
LeanneM likes this.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #40

Join Date: Dec 2010

Thanks, Beebop, for the heads-up about the smell! I love mousse, so I'm really excited about trying out this combo!