Best Drugstore Mousse?!?!?!

So I got my AOMM and tried it yesterday -- and I love it! I used a few small globs of it in soaking wet hair, then followed it up with some TIGI Curls Rock (CG-friendly) mousse. I love how it came out! My waves are soft and frizz-free.

Thanks for the suggestion, Beebop!

I still want to pick up some Clairol 3-in-1 or some Noodle Head mousse. It sounds like the Noodle Head one is the one that folks are liking better. Is that still the case?
poemaXX likes this.
SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG
Treatments: SS protein treatment or CJ Curl Fix or Nexxus Emergencee + CJ Curl Rehab

I tried Pantene mousse for curly hair recently and liked it a lot. It provided a soft shiny hold, but did not prevent frizz in the high dews here. I'm going to save it for winter.

I Love AOMM!!
poemaXX and LeanneM like this.
2B, normal porosity, elasticity, thickness, texture, moisture loving, protein leery...
Favorites:
CO: Whole Foods Lavender Conditioner
LO: Dessert Essence Coconut, Pure and Basic Clarifying Shampoo
RO: SSDDMT
DT: JCDCT, SSDDMT
Style: AOMM, CCCL, KMFUM, KCTT

Thanks for the suggestion, Beebop!

Originally Posted by LeanneM
yea! I'm glad you like it!! Now for the bad news...I just read here on NC.com this weekend that Aubrey changed the formula of the AOMM but didn't write anything on the bottle like"new formula" or anything and it looks like it has glycerin fairly high up on the list which makes my hair very stringy after a few uses & soy bean oil ( soy protein makes me frizzy, don't know if this is the same though) I just ordered two bottles and I'll see what the ingredients are. Does yours have glycerin in it LeanneM?
Hold on, I just went and looked at my last bottle and I have the new formula and my daughter has the old one and it's been working fine! yea! I'm so happy since I spent all weekend researching curl enhancers for finer textured hair and 2c-3a hair. I wrote down about 10 that I thought I'd revisit with my Condition 3 in 1 mousse.
Unfortunately I ended up having to return the Noodle head mousse because it stopped working for me and my hair got stringy and limp and felt heavy and coated. Strange that it worked for the first few uses and then stopped, but thats my strange hair for ya! It has glycerin and castor oil in it which doesn't seem to react with my hair well, bummer!
By the way what is the TIGI curls rock mousse? I've used the curl amplifier in the past but didn't know they had a mousse, I LOVE MOUSSE!! (can you tell?)
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.

Last edited by Beebop; 09-03-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Wavesnwheels -- Which Pantene mousse is it that you like? Is it CG-friendly?

Beebop -- Oh no about the ingredients change on the AOMM! Mine must be an old bottle since it doesn't list glycerin or soy bean oil. I got it on Amazon, so that might be the place to check if you want to get the old formulation. Thanks for the heads-up, too, on the Noodle Head mousse! I was really wanting to try it, but I might stay away since I've been having problems with glycerin.

The Tigi mousse is the Curlesque Strong Mousse. (The Strong one is CG, but the Light hold one isn't.) I like it, but it definitely works better with the Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier Cream! In fact, I might re-visit that duo since it works so well in my hair. I just hate how the Curls Rock cream smells so chemically! Oh, and the CR Amplifier does have a 'cone in it, but supposedly it's one of those 'cones that evaporates out. Like you, I have fine 2C/3A waves, and it really perks them up!
SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG

Wavesnwheels -- Which Pantene mousse is it that you like? Is it CG-friendly?

Originally Posted by LeanneM
well I found out on another thread that Aubrey didn't actually changed the formula for the AOMM, it was a new FDA regulation on how they list the ingredients and those things were part of another ingredient already in it but I guess in very small amounts or a by product of the ingredient. So I'm excited I don't have to go out and look for a new curl enhancer!
I'll have to take a look at the Curlesque Mousse since I always like the way TIGI products smell but I know they aren't very "natural". I try to go with simpler is better and more on the natural side if I can.
Try the condition 3 in 1 if you have a CVS or Walgreens near you it's on the bottom shelf, hopefully you'll like it as much as me.
poemaXX likes this.

Originally Posted by Beebop
Whew! What good news about AOMM not changing their formulation! I hate when something great changes its formulation so it's no longer as good!

If you have an Ulta near you, you could try the TIGI mousse and return it if you don't like it. I will definitely look for the 3 in 1 mousse, too! There's a CVS right near my work, but I keep forgetting to stop there on my way home!
SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG

The Pantene that I tried is the Curl Defining mousse- the one with pink on the bottle.
Favorites:
CO: Whole Foods Lavender Conditioner
LO: Dessert Essence Coconut, Pure and Basic Clarifying Shampoo
RO: SSDDMT
DT: JCDCT, SSDDMT
Style: AOMM, CCCL, KMFUM, KCTT
Originally Posted by WavesnWheels
Thanks! I'll add it to my to-buy list!
SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG

I tried the Clairol 3 in 1 and liked it. Can someone explain how it is CG? It seems to have a cone in it.....

Thnx
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Rudeechick,
Dimethicone Copolyol is water soluble. By the way...your hair is beautiful, it's grown out since some old pics I remember seeing you in a while back. I remember taking an old pic of you to my stylist and told her I want my hair like this! Of course she told me that my hair isn't as thick as yours!! what did you use in your hair in your profile pic?
rudeechick likes this.
Leave In- Conditioner pea size

Last edited by Beebop; 09-13-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Rudeechick,
Originally Posted by Beebop
Omygosh that is so flattering!! My current picture is actually from..... I think last summer.... its way longer now, just dont have a current pic (gotta work on that)

btw that pic was with BB FSG and my super soaker method
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot