Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #1

CappuccinoCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Hood dryer rec?

Is there one that comes highly recommended? Thanks!!!
Current routine:
DEVA No Poo, as a shampoo and conditioner in one (can be used on dry hair to remove build up, then wet hair and complete washing process).

DEVA One Conditioner or TJ Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner as a co-wash (1 - 2X a week)

DEVA light gel & volumizing mousse on very wet hair, scrunch with a microfiber towel

Diffuse with duck clips

HAIR STATS

*3a

*Low porosity
*Low hair density
*Fine hair, but lots of it
CappuccinoCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #2

curlybelle's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2001
Default Got one at Sally's

Hey Cappucino,

I came across your post and saw that you had no replies, I just bought this standing dryer at Sally's yesterday: Belson - Belson Elite Ionic Tourmaline Rollabout Dryer

I tried it out this morning and it works wonderfully. It's on sale right now for only $88.00. I slid my chair right up to it, adjusted the height and sat in luxurious warmth while it dried my hair in about 20-25 minutes.

It is doing just what I wanted. My hair was just like I'd air dried it for hours.

Hope this helps!
3A/3B, Porosity & Density TBD
Current HG:
CoWash - V05 Tea Therapy
Wash Out - GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave In - GVP Conditioning Balm
Style - Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream/LA Looks Sport

Last edited by curlybelle; 10-27-2012 at 02:48 PM.
curlybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #3

puppitypup's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010

Hey Cappuccinocurls!

Love your username, BTW... I love cappuccinos and I love curls, lol.

Anyway, I just ordered a bonnet dryer based off of a review I read comparing hard plastic dryers to soft bonnet dryers. Check it out here: Comparing hair dryers - YouTube

I've also seen Jenell (blakizbeautyful from youtube) using it for a deep conditioning treatment.

I ordered the Gold N' hot soft bonnet dryer from Sally's yesterday. Should arrive fairly soon. I can't wait to do my deep conditioning treatments with it. :3

3C, fine/med texture, normal porosity, high elasticity, very defined spiral

Holy Grail Products: TRESemme Naturals conditioner, my mango/shea butter mixture, Apricot Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, EVOO & Cantu Shea Butter

Check out my blog: http://ricciolina.wordpress.com
puppitypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #4

sinistral55's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by puppitypup View Post
Hey Cappuccinocurls!

Love your username, BTW... I love cappuccinos and I love curls, lol.

I've got that one; had it for a couple of years or more now. I.LOVE.IT. I got mine from Sally's too.

I do a lot of rollersets in the winter--on huge rollers--and this bonnet holds all of them.

And the voltage? wattage? heat? is comparable to commercial dryers.....whereas most of the bonnet dryers I saw fall WAY short on either voltage/wattage/heating power or bonnet size.

Just be REALLY careful about that area where the nozzle meets the bonnet. That little plastic ring embedded in the bonnet where you click the hose in? My aunt was putting the dryer away for me, and painstakingly prised the ring out of the bonnet and now I can't get it back in there--it won't stay.

I can still rig it up so it's workable but now the hose falls away all the time. The manufacturer should have made the ring so that it can't be removed so easily. That's my only sole gripe--I love this dryer otherwise.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
"Nobody here but us chickens......"

"Chicken in the breadpan, kickin out dough..." *shrug*

Last edited by sinistral55; 11-04-2012 at 08:53 AM.
sinistral55 is offline   Reply With Quote