Low cost products for 3A/3B hair?

I'm somewhere between a 3A and 3B. I'm wondering what kinds of products any of you would suggest from local stores. I live abroad and have to buy a year's supply at once, but even if I didn't I couldn't pay the prices I see on a lot of products online. So, what are your best recommendations? Thanks!
For gel, i like la looks sport gel, i've never had any flaking with this gel. I like suave naturals for a co-wash. For a rinse out i like Tresemme naturals or GVP conditioning balm if i think i need more moisture.
3a/3b, Fine Hair, Low porosity, Medium Density
Poo- CHS Treatment Shampoo
Low-poo- Devacurl Low Poo
RO- Devacurl One Condition
Leave-In- KCKT/Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
The products listed in the previous post are good, but you will want to know your hair properties (texture, porosity, etc) to have a better idea if they will work for you. Since you're going to be so limited with buying stuff, I would also quickly research the average dew points for where you will be staying. Certain ingredients can be problematic for some curlies in high or low dew points (LA Looks Sports Gel has a few of these more temperamental ingredients). Once you know your properties and have an idea bout dew points, see if you can find someone with similar hair and start from there. I can't imagine anything would be more frustrating than spending money on a yer's worth of hair products only to find that your hair doesn't like them.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
I have to agree with Corrina.
The HE mousses are pretty inexpensive, you could look at those. Ecostyler gels are also inexpensive. Sally's products are cheap, and I like their Bioterra Gel but it doesn't have a really strong hold, so it depends on what kind of hold you are looking for. Without knowing your hair properties, it's pretty difficult to recommend anything.
We also don't know your price range. What's "cheap" to me may not be cheap to you, and vice versa. I love Yes to Cucumbers conditioner, so $9 for 16oz is pretty cheap for me, and that's the price at Target. But you may not think that's cheap. Trader Joe's conditioners are also very cheap, about $4 for 12oz (ish) but I personally don't love them, I don't find them moisturizing enough, don't provide any slip for my hair, so that is not a bargain to me and they are kind of a waste of money. I'd rather spend $9 on a product I adore, than $4 on a product that is now just sitting there in my cupboard not being used.
Without knowing what your hair likes and needs, we don't know what to recommend.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
As others have said, you will need to experiment until you find what your hair likes.

Almost every product I use (listed in my sig) is less that $3 for large size bottles. Some are less than $1. The most expensive thing I use is Ojon Restorative. It's about $25 for a tub, but it lasts well over a year.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**