Best Curl Junkie conditioner

• 2 Post By KinkyRN
  • 1 Post By Naturalista
  • 1 Post By KinkyRN
  • 1 Post By melaniesusan

I love Curl Junkie products and I've been using the Strengthening Conditioner but I want to try a daily conditioner without protein. Is there one that you particularly recommend and why? Aloe fix was the only CJ product that I didn't like.

I've been using MopTop daily conditioner which is nice but I'd like to try one from CJ.

Thanks much!
DestinyWang likes this.
Every day is a gift
i use both curl rehab and deep fix as daily conditioners!! and leave ins sometimes. but i have very dry hair. so dry that my hair actually loves the honey butta leave in!! it curls like crazy with it. again, my hair is dry. i would not recommend it to all.

try the argan & olive oil conditioner
or the smoothing conditioner (different from the smoothing lotion which has lots of glycerin in it is and is great in mid dews).

ah, a good one to use as a daily then just leave it all in is beauticurls leave in conditioner! don't worry about leaving in too much, it never happens!

and i think the curl rehab is good as a daily and leave in, it has good enhancement.
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Great info, rbb. Did I mention that your hair is the prettiest, shiniest color?
Every day is a gift
I love the Argan & Olive oil. So much so that I'm debating another purchase over using my usual Y2C when the bottle's done.
Southern Colorado Curly
Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
Hi MissBanjo. I'm going to try the argan and oil. It gets great reviews.

Guano: My Dad played the banjo - do you play? A fun instrument!
Every day is a gift
I like using Curl Rehab as a rinse out, especially after lots of swimming and in the winter.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

I love the argan and olive oil one as a daily conditioner!
3a with some 2c thrown in
pw: cow

Currently Loving:
Shampoo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Smoothing, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Beauticurls Leave-in

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers -CJ Curl Queen, CJ CCCC Lite, CJ CIAB, CJ Pattern Pusha, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, Mop-C Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, KCCC
Great info, rbb. Did I mention that your hair is the prettiest, shiniest color?
Originally Posted by curlypearl
thanks! i owe the shine all to marsha!! my hair loves her products. the color i owe to my parents (mostly my dad), mother nature, and jeepcurlygurl for her tip in one of these threads about ardell red/gold corrector. i just add it to some cj argan & olive oil conditioner every so often and it keeps the yellow away and because i can use whatever conditioner i want, it does not dry out my hair.
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine

Last edited by rbb; 08-12-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner
PJ Rehab 9/2011
I love the argan and olive oil one as a daily conditioner!
Originally Posted by CurlyHairedFarmer
My gf got me this and i love it : )
curlypearl likes this.
"Life is too short to keep your hair short"

Click here to visit - GRO YO FRO!
Curl rehab is my new holy grail for deep conditioning.
curlypearl and twirlygranny like this.
Ok, I'm going to toss in a wrench.

The Curl Assurance Smoothing Conditioner is an good daily RO, but its a great LI. You don't have to worry about getting OC too quickly or putting on too much (some of the other conditioners foam a bit when your hands are heavy). Penetrates well for all porosities, and smells great too.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
Now I have to try the Curl Assurance. UPS probably has my address programmed in their GPS system. o_O

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App
curlypearl likes this.
Actually the CJ daily strengthening conditioner is the only one I don't like! It seems to make my hair frizzy for some reason. For daily conditioners, I alternate between CJ smoothing and CJ argan and olive oil. I honestly can't tell which one I prefer; I really love both of them.

For deep treatments, CJ curl rehab is fabulous; I use it mainly in low dews, and ocassionally even as a leave-in when it's really cold. I also adore the CJ repair me! as a deep protein treatment; it's so moisturizing that it doesn't need to be followed by another conditioner.
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
Ok, I'm going to toss in a wrench.

Originally Posted by Naturalista

nat -- i've had this in the back of my head since i read it, and today i brought it to the front of my head and used the smoothing conditioner as a leave in --
WOW! just the right consistency, moisture..... once again, you've hit it right on!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Another vote for the smoothing conditioner as RO and LI.
remember, with all advice or suggestions for your hair, YMMV!!
My hair:
2b wavy, medium texture, low porosity, med-high density. Protein finicky.
My routine:
Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
LI: KCKT or CJSL
Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.