Beautiful Curls Final Review

Well, I have tried almost everything of theirs over the last year (haha) and found some HGs and have returned some things. Here are my final reviews
(I say final, but knowing my hair, probably subject to change)

Beautiful Curls Nurturing Shampoo for Babies & Up-
This was alright. I returned it because it really wasn't moisturizing enough or as gentle as I thought it was going to be. I didn't give it enough of a go before returning it and probably used too much, but definitely stripping if you use a lot.

Beautiful Curls Nurturing Leave-in/Detangler for Babies & Up-
Again, like the shampoo, it was OK. It didn't provide me with enough hydration, and the detangling was nice but nothing too special. I'm guessing these two Babies & Up products would be better for fine hair that gets oily and weighed down.

Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Cream for Babies & Up-
This has been sitting in my cabinet since February, I think. I looked at it today and, though it smells amazing like creamsicles, it is just not right for my hair type. I saw the oils separating on top, and it is pretty heavy for me. I got pretty dry curls with no hold when I used it. Again, it probably works wonders for others but just isn't for me.

Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo for Wavy to Curly Hair-
First curly purchase I ever made, along with its leave-in. I loved it for a long time, fell out of love, fell back into it, and now I like its performance but...the SMELL! Oh god, the smell is awful. It smells like dirt and fish--but clean dirt and fish, if that even makes sense? I also found that sometimes it really didn't do well in getting rid of build-up. I like this a lot, but BC makes a better shampoo. The smell was so bad that when I let some people borrowed it, they said they couldn't use it. However, I love how this is soap-based and really opens the cuticle of my low porosity hair to absorb the conditioner.

Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Leave-in for Wavy to Curly Hair-
I love this This is an AMAZING leave-in because it actually moisturizes hair without weighing it down, and it makes a great styler for conditioner styling (even though I do use a gel.) I feel like this is a leave-in and curl enhancer in one. My hair is so silky soft with this, and I really think it's an HG. I guess the only downside is that sometimes you have to use a lot to detangle, and if you use too much, it can get pretty greasy. I follow the instructions now and only use about a little over a quarter size to freshly shampooed hair after blotting it with a towel. Excellent leave-in!! It has a nicer, sweeter scent than the shampoo, too.

Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair-
This isn't really a gel, more of like a cream-gel. I wouldn't call it a hair pudding, but it really does have the consistency of a Snack Pack pudding or something, haha. You would think this has no hold, but it really does for me! At first, I didn't like this. It made my hair dry and have no curl, but I found that I wasn't using it right. I applied way too much and was constantly touching my hair as it dried. I get the best results with this if I only use a quarter-sized puddle and really scrunch it in a lot, after that not touching it much or at all until mostly dry. Usually creams give me no curl, weigh me down, and make me greasy while gels give me crunchy curls and no hydration at all. This gives me great, soft curls. Awesome styler, especially for my hair type!

Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Shampoo for Curly to Kinky Hair-
I got this very recently after not being able to take the smell of the shampoo for wavy/curly hair. This one smells so much better! It smells fruity--a lot like cough syrup, as others have mentioned, but I don't mind that...at all actually, haha. I don't know why, but I love that smell. Anyway, its performance is pretty good, and I think I might even notice a little more moisture and a little more bounce, but I can't quite tell. With the shampoo, a little really does goes a long way. If you use a little over a pea size, your hair will be clean and not stripped, so you won't have to overcompensate with conditioner getting greasy hair (like I had before.) I like this a lot! It's my favorite of their shampoos.

Beautiful Curls Curl Refreshing Tonic-
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT!
It smells good and reactivates my curls while giving them a burst of moisture without making them gross and greasy. I can use it in the morning to get rid of flyaways and frizz from sleeping, and I also use this if my hair is just feeling dry. This makes it super soft and smooth while defining and maybe even enhancing my curls(: Wonderful!

FINAL THOUGHTS:
-These are quality products! The ingredients are so pure and good for you hair as well as the environment.

-They're pretty affordable and easy to find. They're usually on sale at my Whole Foods(:

-With the shampoos, a pea-sized amount is all you need to get the job done without stripping.

-Following the directions for applying the conditioners and stylers are pretty helpful to get the best results. (Trust me, I've tried using these in ways I'd used different products before, and my hair didn't look/feel as good as when I did what BC's bottles said.)

-These cater to many hair types because of all of their different lines, which I love. Also, they don't include glycerin or protein in their formulas for those who are sensitive. However, they do have mag sulfate in their 'poos and leave-ins, just in case your hair doesn't do well with it. I find the other moisturizing ingredients make up for it, though.

-The money goes to a GREAT cause!

Sorry this was so long! I hope I helped anyone interested, though
2c/2b with some 2a, coarse, dense, thick, low porosity
Growing out a CL bob. Currently at APL.
CG again as of 7/20/12

Cleanser: BRÖÖ Smoothing I.P.A. Shampoo
RO: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Styler: Beautiful Curls Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair

all-natural products, light moisture, humectants, argan oil
silk protein, synthetic ingredients, heavy oils/products, cowashing
Thanks for such a great review on these products! I'm definitely going to check them out
shampoo bars, GVP K-Pak, Abba Pure Gentle Leave-in, Mop curl cream, Babaii Mousse and BRHG