Darcy's Botanicals Final Review

This is probably my second favorite brand, and though I haven't tried many of their products, I decided to write reviews of the ones I've tried out a lot:

Darcy's Botanicals Cleansing Conditioner Cream-
Great cowash! It's probably the only one I would choose to use when cowashing. I think I might have used this exclusively for about 2 or 3 months. Most of the time, this worked really well, even as a leave-in. However, other times, my hair was just on the dry side or really greasy side...I did rinses in between, but they didn't really help much. I will say, though, that this was when I was in one of the hottest, most humid places for a few weeks that I had been to in a long time. I will probably give this another shot in winter, only as a cowash, though, not a leave-in. In summer, I found I had to clarify so much, I might as well just use a regular lowpoo. Overall, good product! I'll definitely go back to it. Also, the smell is amazing! I love vanilla(:

Darcy's Botanicals Curling Cream-Gel-
Very good styler! It gave me hold without drying me out. Some say you need a gel on top, but I used this exclusively and got nice curls When it comes to hydration, this is really nice. The hold is very light, but it doesn't leave my hair crunchy at all. It gives me more separated as opposed to clumpy curls, which I don't mind, but I prefer bigger, clumpier ones. The smell is very fruity and gave me a bit of a headache sometimes, so I would watch out for that if you're sensitive.

Darcy's Botanicals Shea Butter Moisturizing Leave-in-
This did nothing for me...I gave it away. It also smelled like Play Doh. The problem is that it just sat on top and weighed me down. I wouldn't recommend it. After using it, my hair was dry and not very curly.

Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave-in Spritz-
I like this. It's nice when I don't have anything else to moisturize my hair, but sometimes it doesn't provide enough moisture. It's that or the glycerin throws things off. It smells nice and has ingredients that are great for hair's health! For refreshing, it does a decent job, and for hydration, it's also a little above average. I think, though, I like Beautiful Curls Refreshing Tonic a lot better. But this really isn't bad! Not the best...but not bad.
2c/2b with some 2a, coarse, dense, thick, low porosity
Growing out a CL bob. Currently at APL.
CG again as of 7/20/12

Cleanser: BRÖÖ Smoothing I.P.A. Shampoo
RO: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Styler: Beautiful Curls Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair

all-natural products, light moisture, humectants, argan oil
silk protein, synthetic ingredients, heavy oils/products, cowashing
Thanks for posting this. My favorite brands used to be Ohm Body and Taliah Waajid back in 2009. OB is MIA and TW's formulations leave my hair greasy these days.

Before cutting off my heat damaged hair, I was using DB's coco lemongrass transitioning creme. It was really nice for my heat damaged ends. Then when I BC'ed last month it stopped working.

I tried Beija Flor naturals, L'Oreal Eversleek, Oyin (I feel like all of their products stink to high hell) and others. They're ok but the results didn't warrant their prices. This morning I went back to DB and it worked like a charm and it has great hold too! When I BC-ed I had TW product left in my hair so it makes sense that it didn't work.

I'm eying these products for leave-ins:

daily leave-in
sweet coco bean smoothing creme
curl detangling milk
peach kernel milk
curl styling creme

Have you tried any of these. I wish she would offer samples.

I'm eying these products for leave-ins:

daily leave-in
sweet coco bean smoothing creme
curl detangling milk
peach kernel milk
curl styling creme

Have you tried any of these. I wish she would offer samples.
Originally Posted by lavinder11
I just got the peach kernel milk and it smells AMAZING. I'll let you know how I like it.
Hair type: 4a/b, low porosity, coarse, medium density
Products: Terressentials Mud Wash, DB Peach Kernal Hair Milk, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner, Coconut Oil
Any experiences with the Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream? I want to try it. I tend to be very conservative when buying online products. I tried the Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter and at first I seemed to love it and then as the jar wound down I was like: meh...

It might have been this summer weather. But I really want something glycerin free that smooths. My hair does not smooth easily so I'm not expecting miracles, but I need something that can put a little smoothness into my hairshaft.
I've tried the sweet cocoa bean smoothing cream (received a sample with one of my orders). It's hard to say how it would work over time, but I found it very moisturizing. The consistency is like a lotion, not very thick, so it seems like it would be a lighter LI or styler - but it distributed really well throughout my hair and really packed a lot of punch as far as moisture for my hair. I have fine 2c/3a hair, and when I used this I think I used too much, as my hair seemed a little too moisturized. But it did a great job of smoothing out any frizz, and the smell was yummy. I'm considering purchasing a full size bottle, and will remind myself that (for me) a little goes a long way.

I also have the curl styling cream, which is thicker (more like a butter) and also very moisturizing. This product seems to absorb into my hair really quickly, so at first I kept applying more because it didn't really feel like there was anything in my hair - ended up being way too much for my hair (oops). Now I use it more like a finisher, scruching it into my ends as a sealer. I love it for this use. It smells very sweet, so you may want to watch out for that if you're sensitive to smells, but it doesn't linger.
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
Thanks for the info. I'm going to try it.