Carol's daughter hair milk pudding

• 1 Post By Jpop825
  • 1 Post By mcheryce

Have you curlies tried the CD pudding yet? I couldn't find any reviews online. Looks like a new product. How did it work for you? Did you use for a wng? twistout? Alone or with a leave in? Details !?! Thanks.
Got it in my curl box and tried it today. Maybe I used too much, but my hair is a grease slick. Super soft and silky, but so greasy and stringy! It almost straightened out my hair completely.

Have you tried it yet?

I'm planning on trying again tomorrow, but using a whole lot less.

Oh also, I used it without any leave-ins or other products.

Sent from my iPad using CurlTalk
ChunHal likes this.

Last edited by Jpop825; 08-14-2012 at 03:03 PM.
No. I'll be trying it Friday. Hoping it works out well.
I tried it as a styler on my wash n go. It was okay. Would love to try the cowash!!
I used it and I love the definition but my scalp is so dry, but Idl if it was the pudding. I will be doing a wash and go with it tomorrow.
I tried it again today, this time under the deva curl cream. Usually the deva cream dries out my hair a little and makes it very frizzy, (but you can't beat the curl definition it gives so I haven't given up) but with the hair milk pudding added it was super silky soft and bouncy!!!!

Two pumps of the curl cream and a teeny fingertip dab of the hair milk pudding.
I tried it today as well. I used the hair milk curl definer (old bottle i have) underneath. Very light scent. Didnt need a lot per section for my wash and go. Results are mediocre. Nothing to brag about. My curls are defined but not any better than i have seen with other products. The hold is light, not too crunchy. Good product that i will use up. If there was a great sale i would buy it again but no way would i pay $22 for a 6oz jar miss jessie, I mean carols daughter! lol my lets jam custard works just as well.
ChunHal likes this.
Originally Posted by mcheryce
Interesting that we had such different results, what are your hair properties?

I may be going on day 4 hair tomorrow for the first time, thanks to this stuff! Hooray!

Last edited by Jpop825; 08-16-2012 at 11:03 PM.
I have fine low porosity 3c/4a hair. It looks like denim pixie's only shorter. I can get 4 day hair I think except the cd is too light. I need something heavier to weigh down my curls. I look like i got a haircut. I'm working with it though. It's not horrible or anything.
I see. I'm looking for just the opposite, shrinkage and bounce. Fine low porosity 2c/3a.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
I tried the CD Lite LI this morning. I'm just starting CG so I did the wash this morning to clear away stuff, then conditioned and added the CD Lite. I scrunched and diffused since I hate having wet hair when I leave for work. I am liking the results so much.... shiny ringlets.. yay! I was having so much trouble finding a product that wasn't too heavy for my fine, low porosity 2c/3a hair. All of the gels I tried would not do anything for my hair. So then I started thinking that I just needed a LI. I can tell that I put a little too much in this morning, so the next time I will lighten up.

Last edited by librarygal; 08-17-2012 at 10:16 AM.
@librarygirl Do you smell like lemon pledge?? That's what i smelled like but the scent goes away after a few hours luckily.

Last edited by mcheryce; 08-17-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Originally Posted by librarygal
Thanks for the info, been wanting to try that
As an end note..at the end of the day my hair looked greasy and limp...maybe I used too much or this product makes a wet look for the whole day I didn't notice a pledge smell though...lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
Even after using a clarifying shampoo it made my hair appear dull and it felt rough. And the fragrance made my husbands asthma flare up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlTalk App