Carol's Daughter pomade and pudding

I went to Ulta this weekend and they had free samples of Carol's Daughter hair milk puddding (no purchase necesarry!) but I bought the pomade/balm anyway. I was skeptical because I've been using gel basically my whole life and I didn't know how my hair would react to something lighter.

I will say this: frizz is gone, completely. So that's a plus. It is very light on my hair, I can already tell that this will all wash out very easily with no build-up. I do think I will need to add something else to the mix to achieve a little more volume and I may have actually used too much of the pomade as my hair kind of has that wet look to it. I will update after I've used it a couple more times.

Overall: I'm liking it.
Hair: 2B/2C, Med Density, Coarse, Short
Products: L'Oreal EverSleek Conditioner, 365 Herbal Mint shampoo once a week and conditioner 2-3 times a week, Goddess curls gel, LA Looks Curl gel, satin pillowcase, microfiber towel
Ok, so now my hair is totally dry and here's my update.

For some reason my hair is falling flat, but I don't really think it's the CD products, it just tends to do this and I haven't figured out why/what I'm missing to keep some volume all day long.

Lately my scalp has been itchy all day long, but with these products I haven't had ANY itching. I went out for lunch and I live in Dallas, TX so it is HOT and HUMID and my hair didn't frizz at all.

I will let you know how it washes out. I don't know if this is even interesting to anyone, but I thought I'd let you all know anyway.
Hair: 2B/2C, Med Density, Coarse, Short
Yesterday my hair fell flat and had a wet look to it that I didn't care for. So today I tried to use the balm/pomade on top of KCCC and again, my hair looks wet and flat.

I think I need something with a little more thickness to it than the CD products have. It did seem to wash out ok with only water, but it's just too lightweight I think. I will give it a few more tries, but overall I think I've discovered that these products do not stand alone on their own and probably need to be bought as a package deal (expensive!).