Biotera curl creme from sallys

• 1 Post By tenapaige

I started using biotera curl creme from sallys beauty a month ago. I love it its light weight and its great as a refresher as well. I puchased it for $5.50 during a 2/$11 sale but it may normally be around $6-$7. The only thing is im almost out after a month thank god i bought !
I bought this too and it made my 3a curls feel heavy and like there was way too much oil in it. I gave it to my mom who also has curly hair, but she is more of a 3b and he hair is dryyy from years of coloring and heat styling. I haven't heard whether it did better for her. I like Noodle Head from Sally's, but I am not sure if it is my official favorite just yet.
You know my hair started to feel a little dry after a while so when Im done with the bottle I think im gonna go back to the mixed elements the leave in conditioner u should try that too maybe I'll try the noodle hair ... I think my hair likes creamy and thicker product though
Did you mix leave in and gel? What kind/brand?
I bought the leave in conditioner by mixed elements its like a dupe of mixed chicks but better in my opinion its yellow and comes in a bottle with a pump and when I bought that the gel happened to be free with it.. The gel is ok..... But I just use it to scrunch the ends of my hair because it leaves that white residue :/
I love the Biotera Curl Cream, but I cannot stand its heavy-duty scent. I was using this for some time, with great results, but that fragrance is just sickening to me after awhile. It doesn't even wash out of my hair in 1-2 cleanses. The whole Biotera line drives me nuts, because they have some great products, but they stink!

Same thing with GVP Conditioning Balm...it's just about perfection...but ti has that heavy, perfumey, cloying fragrance.

Do you mean Silk Elements? I've been curious to try their Kera Sulfate-free shampoo for clarifying, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Have you tried any of their other products? At this point, I probably don't need the protein, though...
Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Spray
Lol @gardencurls at first the smell didnt bother me but now it does...yeah sorry its called silk elements mixed silk leave in conditioner it works good but Im still trying to find that one product where its all i need for my hair and idont have to make concoctions
gardencurls likes this.
If your hair is like mine, I better pass on the Mixed Elements...

Don't you hate it when you look at your keyboard and see all these little white flakey things everywhere? Drives me nuts, and I'm sure everything thinks I have rabid dandruff.

Leave-in conditioners and curl creams don't usually flake as much as gels, but I never know how they're going to react. I even have KCCC flake on me sometimes, and I can't figure out what causes it. It's not my scalp though, it's definitely the product on my parched hair.

The closest thing I've found to The One is Hair One Argan Oil Cleansing Conditioner. For me it's great as a wash, rinse-out, leave-in, and refresher. It's sooooo cooling and soothing, too. I've also used the Olive Oil and Sweet Almond formulas, but the Argan Oil is, by far, what my hair likes the best. I'm curious to try Renpure's cleansing conditioners in Pomegranate and Rosemary Mint. I get tired of the same fragrance for everything, and it would be nice to have a change from mentholated argan oil.
Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Spray

Last edited by gardencurls; 10-01-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Well i can promise u the mixed silk isnt thick its about the same consistency of the biotera and it doesnt smell bad lol its about $7 i tried the hair one basically its just a co wash in my opinion it wasnt anything special i just want something that revitalizes and moisturizes the hair i think I'll try the renpure as well
Cute avatar!

Have you tried anything from the As I Am line at Sally's? The Coconut Cowash is outstanding and my very favorite deep treatment, ever, is the Hydration Elation.
Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Spray
Well i wanted to try their line but its a bit pricey
@gardencurls and thanks