Old 09-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #21

CurlyBeauty_Jay's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Post

I just bought a jar of the curl enhancing smoothie this past weekend and tried it on my hair. The first time I tried it my hair came out very flaky, I assume it was because I used it with some Cantu leave in cream and the two just didn't mix. The second time (yesterday) I used it by itself and I still see a bit of flaking but not as much as the first time.

I don't think my hair likes it much I want to try the curl and style milk but i'm a bit hesitant.
4b/4c, low porosity
Alberto Vo5 Moisture Milks Conditioner: Passion Fruit Smoothie
Alberto Vo5 Tea Therapy Chamomile Tea Nourishing Conditioner
Curls Unleashed Sulfate Free Shampoo & Leave-In Conditioner
Oils: Coconut

Natural [consistently since 2011] & Lovin' It!
CurlyBeauty_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #22

kstan's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012

I picked up the smoothie and milk and shampoo. i used them all and then topped with gel. I haven't had any flaking problems. i had to spritz with some extra conditioner because of some frizz (normal for me) but other than that i'm loving it. only time i've ever had 2nd day hair.

started CG on 6/25/12.
  • 2c with a strait underneath
  • normal elasticity on top, none on the underneath
  • Fine side of Normal
  • Thick hair
  • Poriosity is a mystery. I think its all over the place.
kstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #23

bubblemama's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012

SM products are some of my favs.!! Their shampoos and condishes are pretty much the best smelling natural products I've ever found.

Right now my routine is that I use one of the milks as a curl activator/leave in (just a tiny bit or my hair looks greasy) and Curling Souffle (more of a pudding than a gel) then finally some Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha gel. I plop then air-dry overnight. I NEVER diffuse with the Souffle in my hair. I found out the hard way (before an event that I wanted to look my best for) that the Souffle makes my hair crispy and greasy and wet looking if diffused.
CG since 4/15/12
2c-3b, fine to medium, high porosity, low elasticity
20% gray (stopped coloring 6/12)

LOVES: protein, Shea Moisture condish. & masque, KCCC, Re:Coil (HG), Kiss My Face Upper Mgmt. gel, my own FSG!

does not love: non-cg ingredients, oils, PVA/PVP, synthetic fragrances or poly-quats

bubblemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #24

rmc2's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012

I do not like the Souffle for my 4a not so TWA. I probably put too much but it did nothing for me. I tried the smoothie and I am not sure about that one. The best ever moisturizer and a mild curl definer but I did not like the white stuff it left on my hair. I am doing trying a combination of the Curly Girl Method (no shampoo and silicones) and Tightly Curl Method (use conditioner as styler)! I had wonderful success with V05 moisture milk conditioner and ( but slightly less) with the Shea Moisture Retention Conditioner; but mediocre results with the Shea Moisture Smoothie. I am now trying out different other conditioners until I decide which one I like best.
rmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #25

Join Date: May 2012

You only need a small amount of the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I smooth it in and it disappears and softens any gel like whoa! If it's white, try adding in small amounts on very wet hair and work through.

As for flaking, that's strange, I've never seen that.

I'm probably going to check this week to redeem one of my several rain checks from the sale (don't judge me).
My hair: thick, medium/coarse, high porosity in the crown naturally, normal porosity everywhere else.

Currently using...
myhairDOTcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #26

rmc2's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012

Myhairsdot.com I will retry the smoothie as you indicate and see. Right now I am using and LOVING Target's Curls Curl Creme Brle which is wonderful in moisturizing and defining my 4a curls!
rmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote