SheaMoisture Curl and Shine

I'm switching to this product line b/c it's wheat free and I'm horribly sensitive to wheat products (I'm finding out after 2 years!) but the Curl and Shine? Is it sulfate-free? It doesn't say so.

And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!
Yes, they are sulfate free.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

So weird that it wouldn't say that on the bottle. Do you use this line? I just bought a lot of the products b/c they are all wheat free and seem great on my hair. Open to suggestions for use -

And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!
It doesn't say that it's sulfate free in bold but it's on the side of the bottle in a long list of other stuff it doesn't have in it. I use the whole curl and shine line and I love it
Yes, I use this line. The souffle is one of my Holy Grails.

Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

Cool! I'm excited about this stuff!

Does it have any proteins in it? Should I be careful around OCing?

Yes, silk protein

Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

So can the protein be too much? Or does it balance everything out? My hair likes protein. These products seem great!

And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!
I'm also intrigued by this line, especially since CVS has a BOGO on Shea Moisture starting Sunday 9/2!

For anyone who has used both, how does the SM Curl and Shine shampoo compare to SM Curl Control version?

TIA!
Originally Posted by LilaGirl
When I use the soufflé as well everything stays in balance because it lacks protein and has a humectant base. I live in an extremely humid area so I never experience protein overload.
There's also a 20 or 25% off Extracare coupon floating around this weekend! Be sure to check your card when you go, if you don't get the emails.

Also - am I correct in thinking there's no Curl and Shine rinse out condish? I see the shampoo, but the only conditioning product is Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk. The others have regular rinse outs.
3A!
Low Poo: GTTT, TJ's Refresh

Rinse Out: LVP, TJ's Nourish, GFTN, 365, SSCC
Styling: HEBE,
Biotera Curl Cream/Gel, Marie Dean, EW SAJ, Pink Boots, Re:Coil, KCCC, CK

Originally Posted by Marciea
You are correct.

Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

Wow, this gets even better - they sell this at CVS??? I just spent $40-something on a bunch at Target, but now I know!

Which is the curl and shine? The dark orange label?

Also, I had a sample of Curl enhancing smoothie and Loved it but couldn't find it on the shelf and bought something called Coconut and Hibisicus Curl and Style Milk (are they the same though?)

Originally Posted by yossarian
Yossarian, where'd you see this? Nothing in my CVS's weekly ad about it.

I LOVE SM product so this would be huge for me!
CG since 4/15/12
2c-3b, fine to medium, high porosity, low elasticity
20% gray (stopped coloring 6/12)

LOVES: protein, Shea Moisture condish. & masque, KCCC, Re:Coil (HG), Kiss My Face Upper Mgmt. gel, my own FSG!

does not love: non-cg ingredients, oils, PVA/PVP, synthetic fragrances or poly-quats

I get the "sneak peek" through Upromise (college savings program).

ETA: the upcoming weekly ad is now available on the CVS website. Go crazy, girls! : )

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak

Last edited by yossarian; 09-01-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Originally Posted by Marciea
Only problem with the Extracare coupon is that excludes sale items. I wish they didn't do that.

Originally Posted by yossarian

Awww, yeah! I see the ad now. Yay!! Since I'm fast running through all my SM condishes and this is an incredible deal, I'm not ashamed to fall off the wagon to clear the stock at CVS!!

Thanks, Yossarian!!
CG since 4/15/12
2c-3b, fine to medium, high porosity, low elasticity
20% gray (stopped coloring 6/12)

Totally sold out of all Shea Moisture products at my CVS, but I got rain checks!
3A!
Low Poo: GTTT, TJ's Refresh

Rinse Out: LVP, TJ's Nourish, GFTN, 365, SSCC
Styling: HEBE,
Biotera Curl Cream/Gel, Marie Dean, EW SAJ, Pink Boots, Re:Coil, KCCC, CK
Would it be possible to use just the curl and style milk alone with no mousse or gel?
LilaGirl likes this.
rockin the curls God gave me.

Routine!
Shampoo n/a
Conditioner Vo5 Moisture Milks
Leave in Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Shower, comb, apply leave in and mousse in wet hair then scrunch out the water and sometimes.
Second day, Wake up mist with water and smooth Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie over hair
so curling souffle or curl enhancing smoothie?
LilaGirl likes this.

started CG on 6/25/12.
  • 2c with a strait underneath
  • normal elasticity on top, none on the underneath
  • Fine side of Normal
  • Thick hair
  • Poriosity is a mystery. I think its all over the place.