Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Ingredient Change

I bought AOMM based on the reviews, me wanting a product like such and the AO brand itself. I used it for the first time today.....my bottle has the "new ingredient" list and I have to say I LOVE IT!!!! So for those of you that used to like it but are skeptical about the ingredients, give it a try because this will definitely be part of my regular hair routine.

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
3B/Medium density/Medium thickness/Medium porosity
www.naturesnectars.net
I called Aubrey Organics a few weeks and I was told they did change their formulations on two products, the Green Tea Moisturizer and the E plus High C deodorant. The formulation and ingredients have not changed on any other product. They are listing the ingredients on their products based on gov't requirements
Originally Posted by juanab
Well they changed it on this too...it even looks different (thinner & more opaque). I've been using it for 3 years. I called Vitacost and got a refund. This explains why my hair felt dryer and looked frizzier. These ingredient list says it all. Use to be a great frizz killer & refresher...wng staple

Any suggestions for a replacement? Maybe aloe vera juice?
Originally Posted by twirlygranny
Well I was freaking out all weekend ( we were out of town) about this and was researching curl enhancing products to try out again with the mousse I use because this is my HG and the only one that has ever worked well...then when I got home I looked on the back of the bottle I'm almost finished with and noticed it has the new ingredients on it and my daughters bottle is the old ingredients. I put a glob of each side by side on my hand and they look exactly alike and it's been performing exactly the same and I would definitely know since my hair is usually very stringy from glycerin after a few uses and very frizzy from soybean protein ( but this is soybean oil?) So this is strange that they didn't at least put something like "New Formula" on the front of the bottle to let people know, but so far I can't see or feel any difference at all YEA!! Thank you for the heads up though! Plus I just recommend this to others on here, so I hope it works for them too. I have to wonder if they are such small amounts that it doesn't seem to change it much for me at least?
poemaXX likes this.
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
@Beebop
:thum bup:

Originally Posted by Beebop
Because it isn't a new formula, it's just a new FDA-compliant ingredients listing.

Besides, just taking a look at this thread. Why would they put anything indicating anything was different? You have poster after poster saying they are DONE with this product even though there was no actual evidence anything had really changed, saying that it was cheapened and how disappointed they are with AO.

People don't stop to really see what the actual facts of the matter are, they just react. Aubrey Organics knows this. I don't blame them for not calling attention to a non-change.

Like I said, the same issue has come up with AOHSR and the same overreactions even though the product has not actually changed.

Originally Posted by wild~hair
I have been saying this since someone on the swap board posted that the AOHSR formula had changed because of the label. Then of course it wasn't working for her anymore. I called AO myself to verify any changes and was told only two products were changed, the Green Tea Moisturizer and the E plus High C deodorant.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

Originally Posted by wild~hair
EXACTLY!!!!! And I don't understand how people JUMP to conclusions so fast without researching.

Originally Posted by juanab
Thank you Thankyou! for the work you did in researching this and finding this out....I didn't read the whole thread until now and realize it was an FDA thing, but I'm so glad because it's HG for me and I just ordered 2 new bottles! I remember doing the same kind of research when GFTN added a silicone to their conditioner. So I really appreciate the info. and it makes sense as to why it still works the same for me and why there isn't a labeling change. You guys are the best!
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Alright ladies, even though this thread seems to be resolved, I called Aubrey today to ask specifically about Mandarin Magic and here's the scoop: The have removed the mandarin peel and earth smoke because of a manufacturing issue. These herbs were for fragrance only, and should have no effect on the performance of the product (and they are currently looking for a new supplier and will add these herbs back in when they find one). The alcohol and glycerine were previously a part of the aloe gel and herbal extracts and their preservative blend contained glycerine and soy oil. These ingredients are now listed separately.

Now we can all sleep soundly tonight and use our Mandarin Magic tomorrow morning in peace and confidence.
poemaXX likes this.
2B, normal porosity, elasticity, thickness, texture, moisture loving, protein leery...
Favorites:
CO: Whole Foods Lavender Conditioner
LO: Dessert Essence Coconut, Pure and Basic Clarifying Shampoo
RO: SSDDMT
DT: JCDCT, SSDDMT
Style: AOMM, CCCL, KMFUM, KCTT

Originally Posted by WavesnWheels
Yea! Thanks for calling and getting the whole truth and nothing but the truth!! I'm sold and still using a truck load of it!!