• 1 Post By jlpmom23

Old 09-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #1

Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Suave Everlasting Sunshine

Smells so good!!! I was looking for a slightly thicker, less runny, better smelling alternative to VO5, and I found it! And I think my hair likes it even better because no proteins :-) It plays nice with KCKT, which I've been using as a leave-in, then blasting cold water over it. I used to think my hair was too fine for leave-ins and that it would make it too producty, but it just sucks it up, maybe it was thirsty and I never realized it Happy happy! Highly reccommend both of these products: Everlasting Sunshine and Kinky Curly Knot Today :-) Also, the smell of Everlasting Sunshine LASTS. It still smells beautiful on day 2 hair :-))
-->3a/some 2c underneath; long, fine (porosity?); plop, no heat, CG since 07/11<--
Day 1: NoPoo, One Condition, KCKT, Mop Lift, Recoil, AnGel
Day 2: Mister Right
Day 3: Mister Right/KC Gloss Pomade for the frizzies
Days 4/5/6: repeat Days 1/2/3
Day 7: LowPoo, Suave ES

Last edited by capellifelici; 09-02-2012 at 08:24 PM.
capellifelici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #2

jeepcurlygurl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2005

Love this conditioner. I always keep 3 or 4 bottles of this and Coconut in the cupboard. Great stuff and smells fab.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, Ojon Restorative Treatment, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
jeepcurlygurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #3

jlpmom23's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007

I totally agree, I absolutely adore Everlasting Sunshine! It's so fantastic!!!! I was running VERY low on time this morning, so in the shower I recalled your thread and just co-washed w/ Suave ES and then used some KCKT as my leave in. Wow, wow, wow, you are right, they play beautifully together!!
capellifelici likes this.
jlpmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #4

Join Date: Jun 2012

I'm addicted to that stuff. I have five bottles stashed away. My hair smells, looks, and feels beautiful.

STAPLE product over here.
Msbeautyboutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #5

Join Date: Aug 2011

Yay I'm so glad!!! I tried Deva No-Poo as the suggestion of my hair stylist, and I actually love it. Always thought it would be too thick, and the lack of lather scared me haha. But I must say it's the only thing that's ever given me 3 day hair, much less 2 day hair! Wooo! After that I thought I should try One Condition as well, and I love that too. I still have the ES, of course, and I use that to mix things up, especially when I start to miss the fragrance :-)) The thing about ES is I feel like my hair looks better day one, but I tried using it with the No Poo to see if I could get multiple days w/o washing instead of the One Condition, but I don't feel like it plays as well with the No Poo Boo. I use it with the Low-Poo about 1x/wk to clarify/detox (I start to miss the lather of the Low-Poo and the smell of the ES lol).
Day 1: NoPoo, One Condition, KCKT, Mop Lift, Recoil, AnGel
Day 2: Mister Right
Day 3: Mister Right/KC Gloss Pomade for the frizzies
Days 4/5/6: repeat Days 1/2/3
Day 7: LowPoo, Suave ES

Last edited by capellifelici; 09-28-2012 at 08:21 AM.
capellifelici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #6

kurlygurly's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

I'm curious to know if it's similar to Suave naturals refreshing waterfall mist conditioner. I just purchased this after looking for a protein/silicone free conditioner that I could buy at a local store. I'm loving this stuff. It's great as a 2nd day styler. It works wonderfully with Aubrey organics Mandarin Magic!!!! And I'm still amazed at the $1 price!!!! And it smells oh so good!

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
3B Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal
3B....Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal iherb.com discount code DWW266

Desert Essence Coconut shampoo
Condition: AO_Island Naturals, AO_Honeysuckle, AO White Camellia
LEAVE-IN: Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower, Desert Essence Coconut
STYLE: Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly/AO B-5 gel
Staple: Jojoba Oil
kurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #7

Join Date: Oct 2009

I just found this stuff yesterday as I was looking for a base conditioner to add a bunch of oils and butters to and use as a deep conditioner to beat some moisture into my hair. Somehow I came home with the shampoo and had to go back out and get the conditioner lol. I used the shampoo to clarify and then used the now beefed up conditioner after. It may have been all the junk I added, but there wasn't much trouble getting a comb through it...I'm letting it sit now and I'm hoping for great results...I ended up mixing too much of the deep conditioner for the bottle I had, so I just added it back to the plain conditioner so maybe it'll work for a cowash or leave-in. I kinda like the smell; I was intending to get the Coconut, but the smell was kinda womp-womp. It's a fruity-vanilla thing, but it doesn't come off as candy or pastry-like to me...I don't get down with smelling like a pop-tart...that's where I draw the line...LOL
Kankydude is offline   Reply With Quote