Suave Everlasting Sunshine

• 1 Post By jlpmom23

Smells so good!!! I was looking for a slightly thicker, less runny, better smelling alternative to VO5, and I found it! And I think my hair likes it even better because no proteins :-) It plays nice with KCKT, which I've been using as a leave-in, then blasting cold water over it. I used to think my hair was too fine for leave-ins and that it would make it too producty, but it just sucks it up, maybe it was thirsty and I never realized it Happy happy! Highly reccommend both of these products: Everlasting Sunshine and Kinky Curly Knot Today :-) Also, the smell of Everlasting Sunshine LASTS. It still smells beautiful on day 2 hair :-))
-->3a/some 2c underneath; long, fine (porosity?); plop, no heat, CG since 07/11<--
Day 1: NoPoo, One Condition, KCKT, Mop Lift, Recoil, AnGel
Day 2: Mister Right
Day 3: Mister Right/KC Gloss Pomade for the frizzies
Days 4/5/6: repeat Days 1/2/3
Day 7: LowPoo, Suave ES

Last edited by capellifelici; 09-02-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Love this conditioner. I always keep 3 or 4 bottles of this and Coconut in the cupboard. Great stuff and smells fab.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
I totally agree, I absolutely adore Everlasting Sunshine! It's so fantastic!!!! I was running VERY low on time this morning, so in the shower I recalled your thread and just co-washed w/ Suave ES and then used some KCKT as my leave in. Wow, wow, wow, you are right, they play beautifully together!!
capellifelici likes this.
I'm addicted to that stuff. I have five bottles stashed away. My hair smells, looks, and feels beautiful.

STAPLE product over here.
Yay I'm so glad!!! I tried Deva No-Poo as the suggestion of my hair stylist, and I actually love it. Always thought it would be too thick, and the lack of lather scared me haha. But I must say it's the only thing that's ever given me 3 day hair, much less 2 day hair! Wooo! After that I thought I should try One Condition as well, and I love that too. I still have the ES, of course, and I use that to mix things up, especially when I start to miss the fragrance :-)) The thing about ES is I feel like my hair looks better day one, but I tried using it with the No Poo to see if I could get multiple days w/o washing instead of the One Condition, but I don't feel like it plays as well with the No Poo Boo. I use it with the Low-Poo about 1x/wk to clarify/detox (I start to miss the lather of the Low-Poo and the smell of the ES lol).
Day 1: NoPoo, One Condition, KCKT, Mop Lift, Recoil, AnGel
Day 2: Mister Right
Day 3: Mister Right/KC Gloss Pomade for the frizzies
Days 4/5/6: repeat Days 1/2/3
Day 7: LowPoo, Suave ES

Last edited by capellifelici; 09-28-2012 at 08:21 AM.
I'm curious to know if it's similar to Suave naturals refreshing waterfall mist conditioner. I just purchased this after looking for a protein/silicone free conditioner that I could buy at a local store. I'm loving this stuff. It's great as a 2nd day styler. It works wonderfully with Aubrey organics Mandarin Magic!!!! And I'm still amazed at the $1 price!!!! And it smells oh so good!

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
3B Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal
3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
hemp oil, jojoba oil
www.naturesnectars.net
I just found this stuff yesterday as I was looking for a base conditioner to add a bunch of oils and butters to and use as a deep conditioner to beat some moisture into my hair. Somehow I came home with the shampoo and had to go back out and get the conditioner lol. I used the shampoo to clarify and then used the now beefed up conditioner after. It may have been all the junk I added, but there wasn't much trouble getting a comb through it...I'm letting it sit now and I'm hoping for great results...I ended up mixing too much of the deep conditioner for the bottle I had, so I just added it back to the plain conditioner so maybe it'll work for a cowash or leave-in. I kinda like the smell; I was intending to get the Coconut, but the smell was kinda womp-womp. It's a fruity-vanilla thing, but it doesn't come off as candy or pastry-like to me...I don't get down with smelling like a pop-tart...that's where I draw the line...LOL